Same file different spacing for diferent users

We are experiencing a strange problem here with a printer HP 8000 and a
file of MS Word 2003 Pro.

The same network file is coming up with a different spacing for
different users and too they cut the Word with they have a Apostrophe.

It's only with the font CG Times, Italic

8 Different users are accessing a number of different files and four of
them are getting one setting and 3 are getting another.

The margins are set to 1" and all settings that I could think of are
set to match.

The think that we know is:

-CG times font come only with the HP printer 8000
-The Printer has to be the default to see the Font CG times.
-Italic
-Cut always the word when you have apostrophe
-Do the spacing when the keyboard is in french

Any suggestions as to where I start pulling out hair.
1 answer Last reply
More about same file spacing diferent users

    gibeaultg@gmail.com <gibeaultg@gmail.com> wrote:
    > We are experiencing a strange problem here with a printer HP 8000 and a
    > file of MS Word 2003 Pro.
    >
    > The same network file is coming up with a different spacing for
    > different users and too they cut the Word with they have a Apostrophe.
    >
    > It's only with the font CG Times, Italic
    >
    > 8 Different users are accessing a number of different files and four of
    > them are getting one setting and 3 are getting another.

    You don't say whether these users all use the same computer. You also
    don't say whether you are sending jobs to the printer as PostScript or
    PCL.

    My first guess would be that some computers are sending PostScript jobs
    to the printer, and others are sending PCL.

    Somewhere in the Windows printer properties, you should be able to set
    the driver to download fonts rather than use those that are built into
    the printer.

    A simpler fix may be to choose a different Times font, preferably one
    that is built into Windows.

Printers Peripherals