Users Personal Drives Disappearing

Each user account in the Active Directory has a Home folder or personal drive
associated with it. Whenever a user logs in, the Z: drive is automatically
mapped. However after I upgraded people from Windows 2000 Pro to XP Pro,
we’ve seen these Z: drives mysteriously disconnect. No service packs have
been able to fix this. I’ve worked around the problem by creating shortcuts
on people’s desktops.

Thanks in Advance,
Jay

Jay,

Is this the only mapped network drive? Or are there others ( maybe from a
logon script )? What happens to those mapped network drives?

If the users logon and then log back on ( sometimes two times is necessary )
does this fix the problem? Well, until the next time they logoff and have
to log back on....

If this is indeed reflective of what is happening then please take a look at
the following MSKB Article:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=305293

As well as this MSDN Article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/policy/policy/logon_optimization.asp