Active Directory Replication Issue

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 4, 2005 5:39:25 PM

I have configured four DCs for four different sites. So far, everything
looks good EXCEPT that when I try to replicate the AD, I get a message
saying that AD has replicated successfully, but I can't see any user
transfer. I search the user directories for each of the four DCs and
they only contain their "own" users.

Please let me know if you need more information, but any thoughts would
be great.
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 4:38:44 AM

"" wrote:
> I have configured four DCs for four different sites. So far,
> everything
> looks good EXCEPT that when I try to replicate the AD, I get a
> message
> saying that AD has replicated successfully, but I can't see
> any user
> transfer. I search the user directories for each of the four
> DCs and
> they only contain their "own" users.
>
> Please let me know if you need more information, but any
> thoughts would
> be great.

what do you mean with "but I can’t see any user transfer"?

Are you saying that if you createa user on DC1 it does not replicate
to DC2, DC3, DC4?

And replication works OK? Are all DCs in the same domain?

check the event logs for errors and run DCDIAG /V on each DC to see
what could be wrong

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Replicati...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1341112
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 10:07:06 AM

Yes, by saying that I don't have any user transfer, I mean that none of
the users are being replicated.

Thanks.
August 5, 2005 10:26:40 AM

And another thing - now I get something new from one of my DCs - when I
try to replicate two of my ADs, I get an error message saying that the
Directory Object is not Found. The other two replicate the connections
successfully although the users still don't replicate over.
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 3:35:17 AM

RaceBlk,

I assume that you have created the four Sites in Active Directory Sites and
Services and that you have created the four ( or possibly more ) Subnets and
associated each of them with the correct Site. And that each of the four of
the Domain Controllers ( all Global Catalog Servers as well? ) has the
correct IP Address ( according to it Site )?

The above should all be in place.

Have you configured the SiteLinks? And what is the replication schedule?
Is the InterSite replication going on at all? Has there ever been? If yes,
when did you notice that it stopped? What is/are the connection/connections
between the four Sites? I assume that there is a Site-to-Site VPN in
place - or do you have private dedication links?

What happens if you install the Support Tools ( my favorite tools! ) and run
both replmon and repadmin? Do this on all four Domain Controllers! And
best if you install the Support Tools from the WIN2000 Service Pack CD - or
the direct download from Microsoft's web site.

Can you ping the Domain Controllers? Meaning, sitting on DC01 can you ping
the other three? Can you ping all four when sitting at a workstation?

I assume that all of this is roses for you.

What time frame are we talking about? Meaning, you create the user account
object and 15 hours later you still can not see it on any other Domain
Controller ( other than the one on which you created it....either directly
on the DC itself or from a workstation using the ADMINPAK )?

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24012

http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

"RaceBlk" <raceblk@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have configured four DCs for four different sites. So far, everything
> looks good EXCEPT that when I try to replicate the AD, I get a message
> saying that AD has replicated successfully, but I can't see any user
> transfer. I search the user directories for each of the four DCs and
> they only contain their "own" users.
>
> Please let me know if you need more information, but any thoughts would
> be great.

Anonymous
August 7, 2005 1:09:18 PM

Start with the basics. DNS. Are both DCs registering their records in the
same DNS zone?

-ds

> And another thing - now I get something new from one of my DCs - when I
> try to replicate two of my ADs, I get an error message saying that the
> Directory Object is not Found. The other two replicate the connections
> successfully although the users still don't replicate over.

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 5:35:55 PM

"" wrote:
> I have configured four DCs for four different sites. So far,
> everything
> looks good EXCEPT that when I try to replicate the AD, I get a
> message
> saying that AD has replicated successfully, but I can't see
> any user
> transfer. I search the user directories for each of the four
> DCs and
> they only contain their "own" users.
>
> Please let me know if you need more information, but any
> thoughts would
> be great.

Hi

one more thing i would like to confirm that are you sure that all the
domain controllers are in same domain

please check the domain names and if possible then please put the same
at this for our reference

---
Nitin

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Replicati...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1347455
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 12:05:07 AM

Hello,

Are you running AD integrated zones on ur DCs? If yes, then on the PDC
emulator, open up dns console and under ur forward lookup zone u should see a
_msdcs folder. Please expand it and on the right pane u should see the GUID
records (C-name) records for all 4 DCs. Please
not down the GUID of a DC with whom u r having problem with replicating and
from dos prompt, do a ping GUID_of that_DC._msdcs.domain name->if it gives
replies and resolved to the correct IP address...then we will know DNS is
working properly for AD replication to work

Next I would like u to run replmon->add monitored server...add the PDC
here->then try syncing all partitions among all DCs using push mode and
cross-site boundaries...see all partitions one by one if anything is failing
to be replicated to the problem DC and what error u get.

We need detailed info about the problem. If you can goto www.microsoft.com
and download the MPSRPT_DIRSVC and run it on the problem DC, it will generate
a .cab file. If u can e-mail it to v_2shaib@hotmail.com, I can diagnose the
reports and get back to you with a specific answer. We have to look at lot of
files, like DCdiag, netdiag, gpresults, regentries.txt and userright.txt.

If u can send me the MPS from the problem DC, I will provide u with a
positive answer and get this case solved.

!