unnecesarry event ID 537

Hi,

PC (winXPsp1) and user are in the domain W2000, but it is not
possible to login on the client - the error message is something
like this : "the domain controler is not reachible ...", but PC is in
network and login from other PCs works well ...

I found in client log this message :

Event Type: Failure Audit
Event Source: Security
Event Category: Logon/Logoff
Event ID: 537 Date: 7/23/2002
Time: 9:17:42 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: computer name
Logon Failure:
Reason: An error occurred during logon
User Name: user name
Domain: domain
Logon Type: 11
Logon Process: User32
Authentication Package: Negotiate
Workstation Name: computer name
Status code: 0xC00000BB
Substatus code: 0x0

I found solution on the microsoft web to install SP2 :0((
- but it will bring more other problem in our network :((((

Is there any other solution of this problem ???

thank for your help

M.

M,

What other problems would installing WIN XP Pro SP2 bring to your network?
If you are thinking that the Firewall will cause problems simply disable it.
You can do it the hard and slow way ( going to each machine and manually do
it ) or you can do it the fast and smart way ( GPO linked to the OU ----er,
making an assumption here----in which the computer account objects directly
reside ).

--