Forest Root Disaster Recovery

I'm trying to do a disaster recovery for our forest root (AD 2003) on a new
hardware, The machine is a member of a workgroup with the same machine name
as the one to be recovered in production and different IP address. I tried to
restore the system state twice one before after doing a DCPromo and the other
one afer promoting the server, also, I tried to restore C: drive along with
system state. All the attempts failed, the restoration was successful but the
machine won't boot after restart. What wrong I'm doing? Do you have a step by
step to follow? Help me please.

"" wrote:
> I'm trying to do a disaster recovery for our forest root (AD
> 2003) on a new
> hardware, The machine is a member of a workgroup with the same
> machine name
> as the one to be recovered in production and different IP
> address. I tried to
> restore the system state twice one before after doing a
> DCPromo and the other
> one afer promoting the server, also, I tried to restore C:
> drive along with
> system state. All the attempts failed, the restoration was
> successful but the
> machine won't boot after restart. What wrong I'm doing? Do you
> have a step by
> step to follow? Help me please.

I think you are having problems because of the new hardware.

look at:
How to perform a disaster recovery restoration of Active Directory on
a computer with a different hardware configuration

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=263532

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Forest-Root-Disaster-Recovery-ftopict404995.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1342133

"" wrote:
> I'm trying to do a disaster recovery for our forest root (AD
> 2003) on a new
> hardware, The machine is a member of a workgroup with the same
> machine name
> as the one to be recovered in production and different IP
> address. I tried to
> restore the system state twice one before after doing a
> DCPromo and the other
> one afer promoting the server, also, I tried to restore C:
> drive along with
> system state. All the attempts failed, the restoration was
> successful but the
> machine won't boot after restart. What wrong I'm doing? Do you
> have a step by
> step to follow? Help me please.

Hi all

Jorge_de_Almeida_Pinto has given very good resolution
i appreciate that

----
Nitin

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Forest-Root-Disaster-Recovery-ftopict404995.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1342831

I already tried Microsoft article and didn't work. Where can I find
"Jorge_de_Almeida_Pinto" resolution