Class Choices

I can't decide whether to make an imperial knight or an imperial crusader.
Any suggestions?

sarah

"John Lynch, Jr." <nospam_jlynch@se.rr.com> wrote in message

> I can't decide whether to make an imperial knight or an imperial crusader.
> Any suggestions?

What factions do you want to join?
What backstory have you created for your character?

Answering these might help you to decide which class to choose.

AJ

"Sarah" <scrubbrush@DELrogers.comDEL> wrote in message
> "John Lynch, Jr." <nospam_jlynch@se.rr.com> wrote in message
>
> > I can't decide whether to make an imperial knight or an imperial
crusader.
> > Any suggestions?
>
> What factions do you want to join?
> What backstory have you created for your character?
>
> Answering these might help you to decide which class to choose.

If those aren't custom classes you might consider making one that suits your
needs more. No need to triple up on weapon proficiencies 2 is plenty. THe
cookie cutter classes seem to have a lot of unnecessary skills involved.

AJ wrote:

> "Sarah" <scrubbrush@DELrogers.comDEL> wrote in message
>
>>"John Lynch, Jr." <nospam_jlynch@se.rr.com> wrote in message
>>

>>>I can't decide whether to make an imperial knight or an imperial
>
> crusader.
>
>>>Any suggestions?
>>
>>What factions do you want to join?
>>What backstory have you created for your character?
>>
>>Answering these might help you to decide which class to choose.
>>

> If those aren't custom classes you might consider making one that suits your
> needs more. No need to triple up on weapon proficiencies 2 is plenty. THe
> cookie cutter classes seem to have a lot of unnecessary skills involved.

I never select any armor-skills to be major or minor. Armorskills rise
so damn fast - espcially in the lower levels. I'm around level 33 now
and all my armor-skills are about 50 (unarmored a little lower - I don't
like wearing helmets, but all the other body-regions are covered) with
an AC of ~120. Plus: You can choose from all the armor in the game. I'm
For example I'm wearing the Dragonbone-Cuirass and Boots of the Apostle.

MERLIN

"Sarah" <scrubbrush@DELrogers.comDEL> skrev i en meddelelse
> "John Lynch, Jr." <nospam_jlynch@se.rr.com> wrote in message
>
> > I can't decide whether to make an imperial knight or an imperial
crusader.
> > Any suggestions?
>
> What factions do you want to join?
> What backstory have you created for your character?
>
> Answering these might help you to decide which class to choose.

As far as background story goes, they are in the
same league, almost. The knight is a goody-goody
type, who is more affiliated with a cult or shrine than
with a ruler or court (Acceptable factions will be
imperial legion, imperial cult, temple and the mages
guild. The rest belongs to the opposition entirely)

He will hate thieves, morag tong and vampires.
He will refuse to even consider magicka, in the form
of spells, potions or even enhancements
When you chose his skills, think of him as a healer
or monk with combat experience, and keep as much
of the armor, weapons or warrior skills in the miscellaneous compartment.
Agility, Acrobatics,
Armorer, mercantile and speechcraft skills are more
useful to him

The crusader is a mercenary, and will work for a ruler
a house or a temple. His choices would be any of
the great houses, the legion, the fighters guild, the thieves guild and/or
the morag tong. He will see the importance of certain combat orientated
potions and cures, but will distrust the rest

Basically he is a warrior type and he will use enchantments and potions,
but he will not make them himself. His majors will be longblade, marksman,
mercantile, speechcraft, and heavy or medium armor

As the knight is a healer with combat experience, the
crusader is a thief with a mercenary mind. He is a
professional hit man, a morag tong type with a conscience and principles

All these comments are just suggestions. And the
background stories used by me

merlin

Merlin wrote:
> "Sarah" <scrubbrush@DELrogers.comDEL> skrev i en meddelelse
> > "John Lynch, Jr." <nospam_jlynch@se.rr.com> wrote in message
> >
> > > I can't decide whether to make an imperial knight or an imperial
> crusader.
> > > Any suggestions?
> >
> > What factions do you want to join?
> > What backstory have you created for your character?
> >
> > Answering these might help you to decide which class to choose.
> >

> As far as background story goes, they are in the
> same league, almost. The knight is a goody-goody
> type, who is more affiliated with a cult or shrine than
> with a ruler or court (Acceptable factions will be
> imperial legion, imperial cult, temple and the mages
> guild. The rest belongs to the opposition entirely)
>
> He will hate thieves, morag tong and vampires.
> He will refuse to even consider magicka, in the form
> of spells, potions or even enhancements
> When you chose his skills, think of him as a healer
> or monk with combat experience, and keep as much
> of the armor, weapons or warrior skills in the miscellaneous compartment.
> Agility, Acrobatics,
> Armorer, mercantile and speechcraft skills are more
> useful to him

In the original Elder Scrolls programs the Knight had No ability to cast
magic spells. All magic was in the form of items or potions. They did
have the nice ability to automatically fix their weapons and armor and
were immune to paralysis. Unfortunately when they wrote Morrowind they
threw out a lot of the original game mechanics and back story.

"Merlin" <bech_dokNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Sarah" <scrubbrush@DELrogers.comDEL> skrev i en meddelelse
> > "John Lynch, Jr." <nospam_jlynch@se.rr.com> wrote in message
> >
> > > I can't decide whether to make an imperial knight or an imperial
> crusader.
> > > Any suggestions?
> >
> > What factions do you want to join?
> > What backstory have you created for your character?
> >
> > Answering these might help you to decide which class to choose.
> >

> As far as background story goes, they are in the
> same league, almost. The knight is a goody-goody
> type, who is more affiliated with a cult or shrine than
> with a ruler or court (Acceptable factions will be
> imperial legion, imperial cult, temple and the mages
> guild. The rest belongs to the opposition entirely)
>
> He will hate thieves, morag tong and vampires.
> He will refuse to even consider magicka, in the form
> of spells, potions or even enhancements
> When you chose his skills, think of him as a healer
> or monk with combat experience, and keep as much
> of the armor, weapons or warrior skills in the miscellaneous
compartment.
> Agility, Acrobatics,
> Armorer, mercantile and speechcraft skills are more
> useful to him
>
> The crusader is a mercenary, and will work for a ruler
> a house or a temple. His choices would be any of
> the great houses, the legion, the fighters guild, the thieves guild
and/or
> the morag tong. He will see the importance of certain combat orientated
> potions and cures, but will distrust the rest
>
> Basically he is a warrior type and he will use enchantments and potions,
> but he will not make them himself. His majors will be longblade, marksman,
> mercantile, speechcraft, and heavy or medium armor
>
> As the knight is a healer with combat experience, the
> crusader is a thief with a mercenary mind. He is a
> professional hit man, a morag tong type with a conscience and principles
>
> All these comments are just suggestions. And the
> background stories used by me
>
> merlin

So I would not be able to jion the fighter's guild with a knight?

"Merlin" <bech_dokNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Sarah" <scrubbrush@DELrogers.comDEL> skrev i en meddelelse
> > "John Lynch, Jr." <nospam_jlynch@se.rr.com> wrote in message
> >
> > > I can't decide whether to make an imperial knight or an imperial
> crusader.
> > > Any suggestions?
> >
> > What factions do you want to join?
> > What backstory have you created for your character?
> >
> > Answering these might help you to decide which class to choose.
> >

> As far as background story goes, they are in the
> same league, almost. The knight is a goody-goody
> type, who is more affiliated with a cult or shrine than
> with a ruler or court (Acceptable factions will be
> imperial legion, imperial cult, temple and the mages
> guild. The rest belongs to the opposition entirely)
>
> He will hate thieves, morag tong and vampires.
> He will refuse to even consider magicka, in the form
> of spells, potions or even enhancements
> When you chose his skills, think of him as a healer
> or monk with combat experience, and keep as much
> of the armor, weapons or warrior skills in the miscellaneous
compartment.
> Agility, Acrobatics,
> Armorer, mercantile and speechcraft skills are more
> useful to him
>
> The crusader is a mercenary, and will work for a ruler
> a house or a temple. His choices would be any of
> the great houses, the legion, the fighters guild, the thieves guild
and/or
> the morag tong. He will see the importance of certain combat orientated
> potions and cures, but will distrust the rest
>
> Basically he is a warrior type and he will use enchantments and potions,
> but he will not make them himself. His majors will be longblade, marksman,
> mercantile, speechcraft, and heavy or medium armor
>
> As the knight is a healer with combat experience, the
> crusader is a thief with a mercenary mind. He is a
> professional hit man, a morag tong type with a conscience and principles
>
> All these comments are just suggestions. And the
> background stories used by me
>
> merlin

Another question. This is my first time palying the game. Which is an easier
charcater to start, a fighter or the knight/mercenary I was considering.

> So I would not be able to jion the fighter's guild with a knight?

Sure you can join them. You can join every guild and even every great
house you want with every character. But they are a wild bunch of
fighters, killing for fun and money and stuff. A knight would not WANT
to join them.
Of course you can join them in order to sooner or later become their new
leader... *g*

sarah

"Tobias Küster" <tobias.kuester@t-online.de> wrote in message

> Sure you can join them. You can join every guild and even every great
> house you want with every character. But they are a wild bunch of
> fighters, killing for fun and money and stuff. A knight would not WANT
> to join them.

Well, we are talking about a knight who has just been sprung from prison,
so...

MERLIN

"John Lynch, Jr." <nospam_jlynch@se.rr.com> skrev i en meddelelse

> "Merlin" <bech_dokNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "Sarah" <scrubbrush@DELrogers.comDEL> skrev i en meddelelse
> > > "John Lynch, Jr." <nospam_jlynch@se.rr.com> wrote in message

> > crusader.
> > >
> > > What factions do you want to join?
> > > What backstory have you created for your character?
> > >
> > > Answering these might help you to decide which class to choose.
> > >

> > As far as background story goes, they are in the

> > same league, almost. The knight is a goody-goody
> > type, who is more affiliated with a cult or shrine than
> > with a ruler or court (Acceptable factions will be
> > imperial legion, imperial cult, temple and the mages
> > guild. The rest belongs to the opposition entirely)
> >
> > He will hate thieves, morag tong and vampires.
> > He will refuse to even consider magicka, in the form
> > of spells, potions or even enhancements
> > When you chose his skills, think of him as a healer
> > or monk with combat experience, and keep as much
> > of the armor, weapons or warrior skills in the miscellaneous
> compartment.
> > Agility, Acrobatics,
> > Armorer, mercantile and speechcraft skills are more
> > useful to him
> >
> > The crusader is a mercenary, and will work for a ruler
> > a house or a temple. His choices would be any of
> > the great houses, the legion, the fighters guild, the thieves guild
> and/or
> > the morag tong. He will see the importance of certain combat
orientated
> > potions and cures, but will distrust the rest
> >
> > Basically he is a warrior type and he will use enchantments and
potions,
> > but he will not make them himself. His majors will be longblade,
marksman,
> > mercantile, speechcraft, and heavy or medium armor
> >
> > As the knight is a healer with combat experience, the
> > crusader is a thief with a mercenary mind. He is a
> > professional hit man, a morag tong type with a conscience and
principles

> > All these comments are just suggestions. And the
> > background stories used by me
> >
> > merlin
> >

> So I would not be able to jion the fighter's guild with a knight?

There are nothing in the game that prevents you from that. After all
the knight is a fighter- or warrior type. My suggestions has more to
do with strict role-playing, with letting a certain attitude or
personality
control how you play - like when you letting a mage avoid weapons
or armor, and only accept a staff The only limit the game imposes
on you, is that you can only join one of the great houses

merlin

John Lynch, Jr. wrote:

> Another question. This is my first time palying the game. Which
> is an easier charcater to start, a fighter or the
> knight/mercenary I was considering.

I'd try with a mix-class, like spellsword,
so that you can learn both the weapons' way
and the magic way into the game.
It would be very helpful.

Vilco