  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 8:17:02 AM

For a week now im having problems with two root domain controlelrs. At first
one domain controller was getting un responsive. When i tried to log on it
works ok, but through time, the log on time is getting longer and longer.
When i start Netdiag on first DC1 i get the folowing error :

Do NTLM authenticated LDAP call to 'DC2.root.local'.
[FATAL] Cannot do NTLM authenticated ldap_bind to 'DC2.root.local':
Timeout.
Do Negotiate authenticated LDAP call to 'DC2.root.local'.
[FATAL] Cannot do Negotiate authenticated ldap_bind to 'DC2.root.local':
Timeout.

DCdiag:

An Warning Event occured. EventID: 0x8000061E
Time Generated: 08/02/2005 14:29:01
(Event String could not be retrieved)
An Error Event occured. EventID: 0xC000051F
Time Generated: 08/02/2005 14:29:01
(Event String could not be retrieved)
......................... DC1 failed test kccevent

Aditional Error after chainging Infrastructure Master :
DCdiag :
Warning: DC2 is the Infrastructure Update Owner, but is not responding to
LDAP Bind

All other tests pass, inkluding DNS.

When i tried to log on on the secont controller, there are no problem loging
on. Tried to use firest DNS on DC1 then i set up network configuration, to
use DC2, i disable DNS on DC1 and so on no help.

Originaly there ware following FSMO rols on DC1 : Infrastructure master
Domain naming master and Schema master. I transfered Domain naming master and
Schema master. Situation did not change . Than i transfered Infrastructure
master and i transfered GC from DC2 to DC1, and simptoms start apearing on
DC2, but with DC1 was not better. So i switch Infrastructure master back to
DC1 and GC to DC2, but after two day situation is not better, both DCs are
now problematic.

Event log has fill up with the folowing errors :

DC1

Event Type: Error
Event Source: NETLOGON
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5783
Date: 5.8.2005
Time: 16:53:49
User: N/A
Computer: DC1
The session setup to the Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller
\\DCx2.domin1.root.local for the domain DOMIAN1 is not responsive. The
current RPC call from Netlogon on \\DC1 to \\ DCx2.domin1.root.local local
has been cancelled.

Some DNS errors :4004 and 4016

DC2
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 5.8.2005
Time: 20:16:45
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: DC2
Windows cannot establish a connection to root.local with (0).

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 5.8.2005
Time: 19:21:43
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: DC2
Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects . A message that
describes the reason for this was previously logged by this policy engine.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: NETLOGON
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5783
Date: 5.8.2005
Time: 16:38:20
User: N/A
Computer: DC2
The session setup to the Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller
\\DCy1.domain2.root.local for the domain HIDRIA-POLSKA is not responsive.
The current RPC call from Netlogon on \\DC2 to \\ DCy1.domain2.root.local has
been cancelled.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: NETLOGON
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5781
Date: 5.8.2005
Time: 19:04:27
User: N/A
Computer: DC2
Dynamic registration or deregistration of one or more DNS records failed
because no DNS servers are available.

Data:
0000: b4 05 00 00 ´...

More about : root domain controller ldap failure

Anonymous
August 6, 2005 5:35:46 PM

"" wrote:
> [...]
> Event ID: 5783
> Date: 5.8.2005
> Time: 16:38:20
> User: N/A
> Computer: DC2
> The session setup to the Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain
> Controller
> \DCy1.domain2.root.local for the domain HIDRIA-POLSKA is not
> responsive.
> The current RPC call from Netlogon on \DC2 to \
> DCy1.domain2.root.local has
> been cancelled.
>
> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: NETLOGON
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 5781
> Date: 5.8.2005
> Time: 19:04:27
> User: N/A
> Computer: DC2
> Dynamic registration or deregistration of one or more DNS

Have you seen:
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=5783&eventno...

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Root-doma...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1343707
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 3:42:15 PM

I’m going to remove and reinstall complete network component, including DNS,
WINS NetBIOS, TCP and so on reinstall network card and so on…

"Jorge_de_Almeida_Pinto" wrote:

> [...]
> > Event ID: 5783
> > Date: 5.8.2005
> > Time: 16:38:20
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: DC2
> > The session setup to the Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain
> > Controller
> > \DCy1.domain2.root.local for the domain HIDRIA-POLSKA is not
> > responsive.
> > The current RPC call from Netlogon on \DC2 to \
> > DCy1.domain2.root.local has
> > been cancelled.
> >
> > Event Type: Warning
> > Event Source: NETLOGON
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 5781
> > Date: 5.8.2005
> > Time: 19:04:27
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: DC2
> > Dynamic registration or deregistration of one or more DNS

August 18, 2005 3:49:02 AM

Nop the same errors