Tuniq Tower 120 or Aquagate Mini 120 for my E6600 Conroe ??

Adon

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Just as the title suggests... I'm upgrading to the E6600 Core 2 Duo (Conroe) and I'm wondering if I should get this $60 Tuniq Tower this seems like its the ultimate air cooling solution to the Conroe CPU's
or should I buy this $110 water cooler Aquagate Mini 120 it is a water cooling solution, but it doesnt necessarily mean that its better than the Tuniq...
the Tuniq just came out so its brand new technology as opposed to the Aquagate mini which is about over a year old now...
I really actually got no clue which solution would keep my Conroe ice cold, thats why I'm here asking you guys....
your input is appreciated...

Artmic

Distinguished
May 27, 2002
You wont' find a Tuniq Tower 120 until early Sept 2006 most likely.
Rumor is that their Machine that makes em is broken lol

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Tuniq Towers are impossible to find atm - I'm pretty sure they're incompatible with some mobos as well; the Scythe Ninja fits fairly snug onto the D975XBX, but comparing the Ninja to the Tuniq in pictures I'm fairly certain that the Tower wouldn't fit.

Look at the Ninja, it's cheap and real good.

JollyTime

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
I was also looking for a Tuniq Tower for my E6600, but then by chance I stumbled upon a review of the new version of Thermaltake's Big Typhoon, which now has the suffix VX. The BT VX looks really impressive from these tests, considering the reviews and praise the old version got.

I'm thinking of replacing the 120 mm fan with a better one as soon as it hits the shelves.

Review of Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX

Product info on TT homepage

Does anyone know when it's out? I'm dying to get one.