Default Domain Controllers Group Policy

By mistake an domain administrator deleted the Default Domain Controllers
GP, then he recreated a new one and named it equal, but I was checking in
another domain the GP original and I found that we lose all the "User Rights
Assigment" in
Computer Configuration -Local Settings, all the options are "Not Defined" .

What Can I do now ? May I setting up the groups and users equal to the
Default Domain Controllers GP of another domain only changing obviously the
domain name specifications.

Thanks any comments !!!
2 answers Last reply
More about default domain controllers group policy

    "" wrote:
    > By mistake an domain administrator deleted the Default Domain
    > Controllers
    > GP, then he recreated a new one and named it equal, but I was
    > checking in
    > another domain the GP original and I found that we lose all
    > the "User Rights
    > Assigment" in
    > Computer Configuration -Local Settings, all the options are
    > "Not Defined" .
    >
    > What Can I do now ? May I setting up the groups and users
    > equal to the
    > Default Domain Controllers GP of another domain only changing
    > obviously the
    > domain name specifications.
    >
    > Thanks any comments !!!

    As the other posted already mentioned use can use a tool to recreate
    the GPO. However the tool will recreate the GPO with the default
    settings as if you just installed AD on the first server. So, my
    question is: did you make your own changes to the GPO? If yes and it
    is important to get those back and it is not documented you might be
    better off if you restored the GPO. You can restore the GPO using the
    system state but it is way better to backup and restore GPOs using the
    Group policy Management Console
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/gpmc/default.mspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0a6d4c24-8cbd-4b35-9272-dd3cbfc81887&displaylang=en

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Default-Domain-Controllers-Group-Policy-ftopict405746.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1345420

    http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/41878/41878.html
    for windows 2000 try these:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=226243
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/1/8/618ecc9d-2edd-42fe-9a53-7f1971154697/recreatedefpol.exe

    --
    Andrei Ungureanu
    www.eventid.net

    "Misaro" <Misaro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > By mistake an domain administrator deleted the Default Domain Controllers
    > GP, then he recreated a new one and named it equal, but I was checking in
    > another domain the GP original and I found that we lose all the "User
    > Rights
    > Assigment" in
    > Computer Configuration -Local Settings, all the options are "Not Defined"
    > .
    >
    > What Can I do now ? May I setting up the groups and users equal to the
    > Default Domain Controllers GP of another domain only changing obviously
    > the
    > domain name specifications.
    >
    > Thanks any comments !!!

Default Domain Active Directory Windows