Default Domain Controllers Group Policy

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 7, 2005 3:33:12 PM

By mistake an domain administrator deleted the Default Domain Controllers
GP, then he recreated a new one and named it equal, but I was checking in
another domain the GP original and I found that we lose all the "User Rights
Assigment" in
Computer Configuration -Local Settings, all the options are "Not Defined" .

What Can I do now ? May I setting up the groups and users equal to the
Default Domain Controllers GP of another domain only changing obviously the
domain name specifications.

Thanks any comments !!!
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 1:35:38 AM

"" wrote:
> By mistake an domain administrator deleted the Default Domain
> Controllers
> GP, then he recreated a new one and named it equal, but I was
> checking in
> another domain the GP original and I found that we lose all
> the "User Rights
> Assigment" in
> Computer Configuration -Local Settings, all the options are
> "Not Defined" .
>
> What Can I do now ? May I setting up the groups and users
> equal to the
> Default Domain Controllers GP of another domain only changing
> obviously the
> domain name specifications.
>
> Thanks any comments !!!

As the other posted already mentioned use can use a tool to recreate
the GPO. However the tool will recreate the GPO with the default
settings as if you just installed AD on the first server. So, my
question is: did you make your own changes to the GPO? If yes and it
is important to get those back and it is not documented you might be
better off if you restored the GPO. You can restore the GPO using the
system state but it is way better to backup and restore GPOs using the
Group policy Management Console
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/gpmc/default...

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Default-D...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1345420