Sign in with
Your question

Atrix PSU and replacement

Last response: in Components
July 22, 2006 1:08:37 PM

Hey guys, recently my computer keeps turning itself off (instantly) and i think its a problem with my power supply. It is an atrix 550w, are atrix really that lame? ive heard bad things about them. Also if i were to get a replacement are PSU's hard/easy to install? thank you :) 

oh and do any of you recommend any cool power cables, like ones that glow lol.

my psu = http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=604820

More about : atrix psu replacement

July 22, 2006 2:12:17 PM

Quote:
Hey guys, recently my computer keeps turning itself off (instantly) and i think its a problem with my power supply. It is an atrix 550w, are atrix really that lame? ive heard bad things about them. Also if i were to get a replacement are PSU's hard/easy to install? thank you :) 

I have not used an Atrix PS and don't remember reading any reviews. but if you want a strong 550 watt PS, I'd recommend the new mushkin. It's not really difficult to install a PS but it can be a bit of an involved process. One key is to use finesse rather than force to unplug and replug the cables. On my gaming rig, I have to pull the mobo to get the PS out but it still takes just a few minutes. There are cases that allow for easy access to the PS such as the Lian Li 60B Plus. Sorry, I can't help you with glowing cables...
July 22, 2006 3:25:52 PM

Quote:

I have not used an Atrix PS and don't remember reading any reviews. but if you want a strong 550 watt PS, I'd recommend the new mushkin. It's not really difficult to install a PS but it can be a bit of an involved process. One key is to use finesse rather than force to unplug and replug the cables. On my gaming rig, I have to pull the mobo to get the PS out but it still takes just a few minutes. There are cases that allow for easy access to the PS such as the Lian Li 60B Plus. Sorry, I can't help you with glowing cables...

yeh, on these forums glowing things are usually bad because they are gimmicks to get u to buy crap.
Related resources
July 23, 2006 12:10:29 AM

Quote:
yeh, on these forums glowing things are usually bad because they are gimmicks to get u to buy crap.

That or it's 9-cm's charred beans glowing after being owned once more for posting an Inquirer article.
July 23, 2006 12:34:07 AM

what are these beans you speak of :lol: 
July 23, 2006 12:47:38 AM

Quote:
what are these beans you speak of :lol: 

Black, charred, tiny beans. No bacon, just beans.
July 23, 2006 1:16:51 AM

ah, yes those beans
!