Twin Lamps: I want to free ALL of the slaves - where are t..

Anybody know of a master list or cheat-sheet that lists the locations of
all slaves in Morrowind? I want to free all the slaves that I can.

Thank you.
34 answers Last reply
More about twin lamps free slaves

    If you don't have it already, get Juniper's Twin Lamps. Among other
    things, that plugin will add an inn with a basement containing several
    Twin Lamps members and notes that list the location of most of the game's
    freeable slaves.

    --

    --

    Mail: marxistbastard666@yahoo.invalid
    MSN Messenger: marxistbastard666@yahoo.invalid

    Marxist ßastard wrote:

    > If you don't have it already, get Juniper's Twin Lamps. Among other
    > things, that plugin will add an inn with a basement containing several
    > Twin Lamps members and notes that list the location of most of the game's
    > freeable slaves.

    I tried here, but it doesn't work for me.

    http://thelys.free.fr/BrotherJuniper/juniper.htm

    ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message news:<411ABFE4.BC18AAB1@lauragoodwin.org>...
    > Marxist ßastard wrote:
    > >
    > > If you don't have it already, get Juniper's Twin Lamps. Among other
    > > things, that plugin will add an inn with a basement containing several
    > > Twin Lamps members and notes that list the location of most of the game's
    > > freeable slaves.
    >
    > I tried here, but it doesn't work for me.
    >
    > http://thelys.free.fr/BrotherJuniper/juniper.htm

    The main game is frustrating because you often can't tell whether it
    is impossible or just difficult to free a particular slave. I'm
    currently playing Nerena(sp?)'s Twin Lamps and slave Hunters mod.
    It's a very good mod and the author says he's got a way to free every
    slave he could find. (It's not always obvious how, though.)

    DeAnn wrote:

    > The main game is frustrating because you often can't tell whether it
    > is impossible or just difficult to free a particular slave. I'm
    > currently playing Nerena(sp?)'s Twin Lamps and slave Hunters mod.
    > It's a very good mod and the author says he's got a way to free every
    > slave he could find. (It's not always obvious how, though.)

    Where are they all, though? Some locations, please, anybody?

    FWIW, I still don't know where to find them. In past incarnations I ran
    into many in random caves, etc., but I certainly don't remember where
    they all are.

    I'm running the Twin Lamps Mod now (not Juniper's, the other one) and I
    understand that I have to free 15 slaves before I even get the password
    and can start. I have freed 13 so far, and all the others I know of
    can't be freed.

    I just need a couple of locations so I can free a couple more slaves and
    begin the Twin Lamps quests, so please help me out.

    I freed the Seyda Need and Rotheran ones so far.

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 20:55:00 -0400, ToolPackinMama
    <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

    >> If you don't have it already, get Juniper's Twin Lamps. Among other
    >> things, that plugin will add an inn with a basement containing several
    >> Twin Lamps members and notes that list the location of most of the
    >> game's freeable slaves.
    >
    > I tried here, but it doesn't work for me.
    >
    > http://thelys.free.fr/BrotherJuniper/juniper.htm

    TheLys has moved here
    http://thelys.org/

    There's a second Twin Lamps mod, too. It is called
    "Nevena's Twin Lamps and Slavehunters", available at
    http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/modcontrols/mods.asp
    It is better to start a new game with this mod, but I liked it better
    than Juniper's Twin Lamps. Get them both and decide for yourself.

    Bjoern

    > I just need a couple of locations so I can free a couple more slaves and
    > begin the Twin Lamps quests, so please help me out.
    >
    > I freed the Seyda Need and Rotheran ones so far.

    Check the caves right outside Gnisis when you leave via the entrance next to
    Fort Darius. Also, and you may be including these under the Seyda Neen
    ones, there is a cave on one of the islands near Seyda Neen that has slaves
    (the islands around where you find you know who's body).

    Sarah wrote:

    > "ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message
    >
    > > I just need a couple of locations so I can free a couple more slaves and
    > > begin the Twin Lamps quests, so please help me out.
    > >
    > > I freed the Seyda Need and Rotheran ones so far.
    >
    > Check the caves right outside Gnisis when you leave via the entrance next to
    > Fort Darius. Also, and you may be including these under the Seyda Neen
    > ones, there is a cave on one of the islands near Seyda Neen that has slaves
    > (the islands around where you find you know who's body).

    Dig this: I searched that cave high and low and picked the bodies of
    the denizen's clean, but I never could find the ding-dong KEY!.

    ToolPackinMama wrote:

    > I'm running the Twin Lamps Mod now (not Juniper's, the other one) and I
    > understand that I have to free 15 slaves before I even get the password
    > and can start.

    OK I finally met my quota, did a couple of little chores for Ms. Dren,
    and now I seem to have dead-ended. I thought the mod added all kinds of
    Twin lamps quests. So far, I'm pretty disappointed.

    ToolPackinMama wrote:

    > OK I finally met my quota, did a couple of little chores for Ms. Dren,
    > and now I seem to have dead-ended. I thought the mod added all kinds of
    > Twin lamps quests. So far, I'm pretty disappointed.

    Nevena's Twin Lamps mod, I should specify. Anybody reading this playing
    this mod? The mod is loaded and enabled, all right. The slave-hunter
    faction shows up, and etc.

    > ToolPackinMama wrote:
    >
    > > OK I finally met my quota, did a couple of little chores for Ms. Dren,
    > > and now I seem to have dead-ended. I thought the mod added all kinds of
    > > Twin lamps quests. So far, I'm pretty disappointed.
    >
    > Nevena's Twin Lamps mod, I should specify. Anybody reading this playing
    > this mod? The mod is loaded and enabled, all right. The slave-hunter
    > faction shows up, and etc.

    Okay -

    First off, make certain you have version 1.2 of Nevena's mod installed.
    This fixes a bunch of bugs that will lock you out of the main quest. In
    order to meet-up with the twin lamps, you have to go visit Ambika in
    Peligard. Once you are in her Apotechary shop, look around. You'll see a
    'dusty' letter near a table to your left as you enter. Pick it up. Ambika
    will then ask you to deliver the letter to her 'bestest' friend Aurora - do
    so and you'll start meeting all the various twin lamps operatives. The mail
    delivery will quickly turn into a courier service that will bounce you all
    over the island - but at the end, you'll be recoginzied as friendly to the
    Twin Lamps.

    That's how you get involved with the Twin Lamps. Its a little clunky way to
    start-up but I hope it will be fixed with version 2.

    Hope it helps some.

    --
    MJB

    Mr. Tin's Painting Workshop:
    http://web.newsguy.com/Mrtinsworkshop/

    MJB wrote:

    > First off, make certain you have version 1.2 of Nevena's mod installed.
    > This fixes a bunch of bugs that will lock you out of the main quest. In
    > order to meet-up with the twin lamps, you have to go visit Ambika in
    > Peligard. Once you are in her Apotechary shop, look around. You'll see a
    > 'dusty' letter near a table to your left as you enter.

    Thank you very much.

    > > Check the caves right outside Gnisis when you leave via the entrance
    next to
    > > Fort Darius. Also, and you may be including these under the Seyda Neen
    > > ones, there is a cave on one of the islands near Seyda Neen that has
    slaves
    > > (the islands around where you find you know who's body).
    >
    > Dig this: I searched that cave high and low and picked the bodies of
    > the denizen's clean, but I never could find the ding-dong KEY!.

    You mean the one on an island near Seyda Neen? It's sitting on top of a
    chest or table and it's very hard to see because the colour of the key is
    almost identical to what it's sitting on.

    On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:30:11 -0400, ToolPackinMama
    <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

    > ToolPackinMama wrote:
    >
    >> OK I finally met my quota, did a couple of little chores for Ms. Dren,
    >> and now I seem to have dead-ended. I thought the mod added all kinds of
    >> Twin lamps quests. So far, I'm pretty disappointed.
    >
    > Nevena's Twin Lamps mod, I should specify. Anybody reading this playing
    > this mod? The mod is loaded and enabled, all right. The slave-hunter
    > faction shows up, and etc.

    Did you talk to Im-Kilaya at the Argonian Mission in Ebonheart or Jobasha
    in Vivec's Foreign Quarter? There are a few new quest givers, for example
    a Khajiit in Pelagiad. Since the Twin Lamps isn't a public faction they
    operate undercover. You'll have to find them.

    Bjoern Liffers wrote:

    > On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:30:11 -0400, ToolPackinMama
    > <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
    >
    > > ToolPackinMama wrote:
    > >
    > >> OK I finally met my quota, did a couple of little chores for Ms. Dren,
    > >> and now I seem to have dead-ended. I thought the mod added all kinds of
    > >> Twin lamps quests. So far, I'm pretty disappointed.
    > >
    > > Nevena's Twin Lamps mod, I should specify. Anybody reading this playing
    > > this mod? The mod is loaded and enabled, all right. The slave-hunter
    > > faction shows up, and etc.
    >
    > Did you talk to Im-Kilaya at the Argonian Mission in Ebonheart

    Yes, when I delivered that poor Hla Oad Kajiit. No new quest.

    > or Jobasha
    > in Vivec's Foreign Quarter?

    May I ask, do you KNOW that I should talk with him, or are you just
    guessing?

    > There are a few new quest givers, for example
    > a Khajiit in Pelagiad.

    Really?

    Sarah wrote:

    > "ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message
    >
    > > > Check the caves right outside Gnisis when you leave via the entrance
    > next to
    > > > Fort Darius. Also, and you may be including these under the Seyda Neen
    > > > ones, there is a cave on one of the islands near Seyda Neen that has
    > slaves
    > > > (the islands around where you find you know who's body).
    > >
    > > Dig this: I searched that cave high and low and picked the bodies of
    > > the denizen's clean, but I never could find the ding-dong KEY!.
    >
    > You mean the one on an island near Seyda Neen? It's sitting on top of a
    > chest or table and it's very hard to see because the colour of the key is
    > almost identical to what it's sitting on.

    That's what I figured, so I looked extra carefully at every flat surface
    in the place, but I just plain can't find it ~at all~.

    Maybe I'll go back with a find-key spell.

    ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message news:<411BEE6D.647C0D13@lauragoodwin.org>...
    > ToolPackinMama wrote:
    >
    > > I'm running the Twin Lamps Mod now (not Juniper's, the other one) and I
    > > understand that I have to free 15 slaves before I even get the password
    > > and can start.
    >
    > OK I finally met my quota, did a couple of little chores for Ms. Dren,
    > and now I seem to have dead-ended. I thought the mod added all kinds of
    > Twin lamps quests. So far, I'm pretty disappointed.

    SPOILERS.....

    Hmm, the mod DOES add all kinds of quests and interesting stuff.
    Since I routinely free slaves, I didn't have a problem getting to 15.
    some locations:

    1. The Dren plantation. Keys are on some of the guards (there is a
    note indicating that one of these guards is a pain to slaves). One of
    the slaves is part of another quest, though (it is obvious which one),
    a residual from the unmodded game. This is about 6 slaves.

    2. The smugglers cave by the Silt strider in Scyda Neen. This is 3
    slaves.

    3. A cave off the coast by Pelegiad (the cave on the side of town
    with the Argonian in the field, not the cave on the side with
    Ahnassi's house). This is 6 slaves.

    4. The cave south of Gnisis, on the road to Ald Velothi. The key is
    on the Orc guard, if I remember correctly. Certainly it is in that
    first room. I think this is 6 slaves. If the guard's body is gone,
    there may not be another key.

    5. The ~5 slaves you can buy and free in Tel Arune (sp?--the place in
    Zarmumble Bay that sells slaves to the PC.

    Presumeably, you get a bonus for taking the slaves to a safehouse.
    One such safehouse is the Argonian Mission in Ebonhart, which is "sort
    of" obvious if you've played the main game a lot (and taken escaped
    slaves there already).

    ToolPackinMama wrote:

    > Nevena's Twin Lamps mod, I should specify. Anybody reading this playing
    > this mod?

    I played through most quests of the mod recently. I had no serious
    problems. There are some minor hiccups, but I got no show-stopper which
    prevented me from following the quests.

    Concerning the tough-to-discover TwinLamps, I actually like this. They
    are operating in underground, so it would be a bit silly to have a
    questgiver sitting at Balmora marketplace. And you have to earn their trust.

    If you follow the deliver-letter series of quests, you will be shown
    around to the TwinLamps guildhouses. I suppose this quest was meant to
    do exactly this, introduce the player to their locations. This quest
    starts in the Pelagiad Apothecary. Each of the deliverey objects are
    TwinLamp questgivers.

    I'm sure I havn't discovered all and every slave in Morrowind yet, but
    every slave I found so far could be freed with Nevena's mod. Though
    sometimes it's a bit tricky, but that doesn't mean impossible.
    A possible hiccup here is not related to the mod but the game engine: If
    for example a slave of the Arvel plantation wanders a bit far away and
    ends up in the Dren plantation cell, he needs the Dren slave key to be
    freed now, not anymore the Arvel key.

    The only slaves you cannot free the normal way are "special slaves",
    like that escaped Argonian in the middle of nowhere of the Ashlands, or
    the drug-mule Rabinna. Those have their own scripts, not the common
    slaveScript, but as they are still class "Slave" they get the dialog
    options, but those won't work properly because of their own script.

    Peter

    Peter Strempel wrote:

    > Concerning the tough-to-discover TwinLamps, I actually like this.

    IMHO it's kind of hard to enjoy playing a mod when you can't even get
    started with it.

    ToolPackinMama wrote:

    > Sarah wrote:
    >
    >>"ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message

    >>next to

    >>slaves

    >>>Dig this: I searched that cave high and low and picked the bodies of
    >>>the denizen's clean, but I never could find the ding-dong KEY!.
    >>
    >>You mean the one on an island near Seyda Neen? It's sitting on top of a
    >>chest or table and it's very hard to see because the colour of the key is
    >>almost identical to what it's sitting on.
    >

    > That's what I figured, so I looked extra carefully at every flat surface
    > in the place, but I just plain can't find it ~at all~.
    >
    > Maybe I'll go back with a find-key spell.

    Thats what I had to do and it still took awhile to find it.

    ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message news:<411BEE6D.647C0D13@lauragoodwin.org>...
    > ToolPackinMama wrote:
    >
    > > I'm running the Twin Lamps Mod now (not Juniper's, the other one) and I
    > > understand that I have to free 15 slaves before I even get the password
    > > and can start.
    >
    > OK I finally met my quota, did a couple of little chores for Ms. Dren,
    > and now I seem to have dead-ended. I thought the mod added all kinds of
    > Twin lamps quests. So far, I'm pretty disappointed.

    SPOILER SPACE

    There are many quests. I have just installed it and started it (that
    is, have not finished it), but I have been asked to do a number of
    quests for many people.

    One thing that got quests started was noticing the "undelivered mail"
    on the table of the new apothecary in Pelegiad. This is one way to
    start delivering mail between the major Twin Lamps cells. There may
    be other things that initiate the quest. This will let you know who
    the major players are.

    After you have freed enough slaves to get the Twin Lamps passphrase,
    each of these / most of these will start giving you additional quests.

    In addition, there is the little item of figuring out what is going on
    with the slave hunters. At some point, I got lucky asking about them
    and started getting info. Many legionaires, for example, will tell
    you they are working on trying to figure those guys out. The Morag
    Tong in Sadrith Mora also had a little info.

    I am currently trying a bunch of mods that add quest streams, so
    progress on Twin Lamps is slow for me.....but quite fun. One thing
    I've noticed about adding (so many) mods: I have to actually read the
    dialogue screens again as they contain a lot of useful information
    that I don't already know. Nerena's Twin Lamps and Slave Hunters is a
    full faction-type mod (perhaps two factions if you can follow the
    Slave Hunter route as an alternative). The only difficulty I've
    found is when I end up leading 6 or 9 or whatever number of slaves to
    a safehouse. I have needed to "tcl" on occasion to get someone
    unstuck. And "tcl" with lots of NPCs following you is a bit tricky
    (save first).

    DeAnn wrote:

    > Presumeably, you get a bonus for taking the slaves to a safehouse.

    Thanks very much. :)

    On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:59:53 -0400, ToolPackinMama
    <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

    > Bjoern Liffers wrote:
    >>
    >> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:30:11 -0400, ToolPackinMama wrote:
    >>
    >> Did you talk to Im-Kilaya at the Argonian Mission in Ebonheart
    >
    > Yes, when I delivered that poor Hla Oad Kajiit. No new quest.

    Strange. He gave me a quest to guide Ree-Jah (an Argonian west of
    the Erabenimsun Camp) to safety. The topic you need to address is
    "aid the Twin Lamps"

    >> or Jobasha in Vivec's Foreign Quarter?
    >
    > May I ask, do you KNOW that I should talk with him, or are you just
    > guessing?

    Concerning Jobasha, I'm just guessing. According to the mod's readme file,
    he has been changed. Concerning Im-Kilaya, I'm absolutely sure. I've
    done a few quests for him.

    >> There are a few new quest givers, for example
    >> a Khajiit in Pelagiad.
    >
    > Really?

    Yes, that Khajiit is an Apothecary named Ambika. She has her own house
    in northern Pelagiad. I have done a quest for her, too.

    Maybe you don't get all the quests, because you are just starting to
    liberate slaves. I started this mod at a time when my character had already
    freed more than 100 slaves.

    Bjoern Liffers wrote:

    > On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:59:53 -0400, ToolPackinMama
    > <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
    >
    > > Bjoern Liffers wrote:
    > >>
    > >> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:30:11 -0400, ToolPackinMama wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Did you talk to Im-Kilaya at the Argonian Mission in Ebonheart
    > >
    > > Yes, when I delivered that poor Hla Oad Kajiit. No new quest.
    >
    > Strange. He gave me a quest to guide Ree-Jah (an Argonian west of
    > the Erabenimsun Camp) to safety. The topic you need to address is
    > "aid the Twin Lamps"

    OK, thank you.

    Bjoern Liffers wrote:

    > Yes, that Khajiit is an Apothecary named Ambika. She has her own house
    > in northern Pelagiad. I have done a quest for her, too.

    Do more than one quests for her. She is absolutely awesome. As her
    storyline develops, you notice that kitten has some problems. A real
    interesting twist here created by the author. However, she and my
    Khajiit Morag Tong assassin are best friends. :*)

    Peter

    On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:59:45 +0200, Peter Strempel
    <peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > Bjoern Liffers wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, that Khajiit is an Apothecary named Ambika. She has her own house
    >> in northern Pelagiad. I have done a quest for her, too.
    >
    > Do more than one quests for her. She is absolutely awesome. As her
    > storyline develops, you notice that kitten has some problems.

    Sounds familiar. There's another kitten with problems in Pelagiad.

    > A real interesting twist here created by the author. However,
    > she and my Khajiit Morag Tong assassin are best friends. :*)

    I'll look into it, but I'd better be careful: Ahnassi might get jealous.
    Especially since I'm playing an Argonian whose species is said to be
    "fiercly loyal" :-)

    Bjoern

    Bjoern Liffers wrote:

    > Ahnassi might get jealous.
    > Especially since I'm playing an Argonian

    Argonian ? Smooth moves ??

    Did you cast a blind spell on Ahnassi, or Damage Intelligence?

    SCNR,

    Peter

    On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 14:15:42 +0200, Peter Strempel
    <peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >> Ahnassi might get jealous.
    >> Especially since I'm playing an Argonian
    >
    > Argonian ? Smooth moves ??

    Just as smooth as a Khajiit's moves. Both walk a little funny, so maybe I
    reminded Ahnassi of herself...

    > Did you cast a blind spell on Ahnassi, or Damage Intelligence?

    No - but since you mentioned it: Do you know the "Cult of the Clouds" mod?
    One of their members did exactly that - he lost his wedding ring and tried
    to fool his wife by forging it and adding a blind 80% spell to it.
    :-D

    > SCNR

    It's OK, I enjoy playing an Argonian: I love to walk into a Slavehunter,
    receive the usual "Now, where did you escape?" greeting and then scare the
    hell out of him by using the persuade/intimidate dialogue. Those people
    don't seem to expect a lizard to bite back...

    Bjoern

    Bjoern Liffers wrote:

    > No - but since you mentioned it: Do you know the "Cult of the Clouds" mod?

    Nope. I think I saw it somewhere (Thelepolis modlist probably), but
    havn't tried yet.

    > It's OK, I enjoy playing an Argonian: I love to walk into a Slavehunter,
    > receive the usual "Now, where did you escape?" greeting and then scare the
    > hell out of him by using the persuade/intimidate dialogue. Those people
    > don't seem to expect a lizard to bite back...

    Oh, ditto. I'm enjoying my Khajiit with a similar background at the
    moment. One of Ambikas quests, the third or forth, involves a pretty
    bloodbath (the Corner Club bloodbath is Kindergarten compared to that),
    where you can absolutely live your aggressions against that slavehunter
    scum. :*)

    I didn't use the persuade/taunt trick. That's for weaklings. The fine
    was hefty, though, and the way to the closest thieves guild a
    professional guard evasion maneuveur. Mephala bless that Ring of the
    Khajiit and a mediocre Illusion skill.

    As a sidenote, something I never understood: When you finish the thieves
    guild quests for one of the Masterminds, they say "If you have a price
    on your head, I will care for it...". So I went with my ~4000 gc fine to
    Sugar-Lisps, and she got pissed at me, so I had to pay myself downstairs
    at the nice uncle Breton. Empty promises or what?

    Peter

    On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 00:47:42 +0200, Peter Strempel
    <peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >> But since you mentioned it: Do you know the "Cult of the Clouds" mod?
    >
    > Nope. I think I saw it somewhere (Thelepolis modlist probably), but
    > havn't tried yet.

    I can only recommend it. The rewards are a bit too valuable for what they
    ask of you (it's mostly powers or abilities), but I like the possibility of
    controlling the weather. And it adds a fast travel option to the Sheogorad
    Region.

    >> It's OK, I enjoy playing an Argonian: I love to walk into a
    >> Slavehunter,
    >> receive the usual "Now, where did you escape?" greeting and then scare
    >> the hell out of him by using the persuade/intimidate dialogue. Those
    >> people don't seem to expect a lizard to bite back...
    >
    > Oh, ditto. I'm enjoying my Khajiit with a similar background at the
    > moment. One of Ambikas quests, the third or forth, involves a pretty
    > bloodbath (the Corner Club bloodbath is Kindergarten compared to that),
    > where you can absolutely live your aggressions against that slavehunter
    > scum. :*)

    I'll have to do that quest in the near future. Right now I'm testing
    quite a few mods and get distracted easily.

    > I didn't use the persuade/taunt trick. That's for weaklings.

    Correct, but I have a reputation as Morag Tong Grandmaster. As long as I
    can't write my own writs I have at least to pretend to have a reason to
    kill anyone.

    > As a sidenote, something I never understood: When you finish the thieves
    > guild quests for one of the Masterminds, they say "If you have a price
    > on your head, I will care for it...". So I went with my ~4000 gc fine to
    > Sugar-Lisps, and she got pissed at me, so I had to pay myself downstairs
    > at the nice uncle Breton. Empty promises or what?

    Yes. It's always the secretaries that take care of your bounty. The Guild
    Chiefs don't help at all, even if you are Master Thief.

    Bjoern

    Bjoern Liffers <bjoernhenning.liffers@dialup.fh-aachen.de> wrote in message news:<opscqw75m6036b7o@News.CIS.DFN.DE>...
    > On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 00:47:42 +0200, Peter Strempel
    > <peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I'll have to do that quest in the near future. Right now I'm
    testing
    > quite a few mods and get distracted easily.

    Playing a group of new mods at the same time has a nifty
    advantage: it adds a fair amount of uncertainty about what is going
    on. I'm doing something similar--and have no idea why every now and
    then someone suddenly attacks me. Is it part of Myth and Murder?
    Slave-Hunters? FTG? Seekers? Cool stuff; it reminds me of when I
    first started this game. And if you can't find something or someone,
    you can just move on to someone or something else that you can't find
    either!

    On 15 Aug 2004 06:20:28 -0700, DeAnn <von.sagrillo@verizon.net> wrote:

    > Bjoern Liffers <bjoernhenning.liffers@dialup.fh-aachen.de> wrote in
    >> I'll have to do that quest in the near future. Right now I'm
    >> testing quite a few mods and get distracted easily.
    >>
    > Playing a group of new mods at the same time has a nifty
    > advantage: it adds a fair amount of uncertainty about what is going
    > on.

    Oh yes, I like that, too. However, it complicates removing a single mod,
    if I don't like it. If the mod has been included in the savegame, there
    are always little conflicts when removing it, like remaining map
    entries of uninstalled areas.

    > I'm doing something similar--and have no idea why every now and
    > then someone suddenly attacks me. Is it part of Myth and Murder?
    > Slave-Hunters? FTG? Seekers?

    Or "Morrowind Comes Alive, Wilderness NPCs". That seems to consist only
    of naked barbarians that attack on sight. By the way: If you like the
    Seekers mod, you'll love Illuminated Order. I played that one before I
    started Seekers. That resulted in me uninstalling Seekers.

    > Cool stuff; it reminds me of when I first started this game.
    > And if you can't find something or someone, you can just move on to
    > someone or something else that you can't find either!

    That really is fascinating. Until I started playing mods I thought I
    knew every city and (nearly) every NPC. Now, there are so much more
    options, quests and little surprises. For example, I thought I cleared
    out Galom Daeus. Imagine my surprise on a recent visit, when a Berne
    Elder appeared out of nothing and attacked me. And the greater the
    surprise to see him rise from the (un)dead right after he hit the
    ground! I completely forgot that I would need a wooden stake to
    finish him. That fight was the first after a long time to raise my
    adrenalin.

    Bjoern

    Bjoern Liffers <bjoernhenning.liffers@dialup.fh-aachen.de> wrote in message news:<opsctryen1036b7o@News.CIS.DFN.DE>...
    > On 15 Aug 2004 06:20:28 -0700, DeAnn <von.sagrillo@verizon.net> wrote:
    >> That really is fascinating. Until I started playing mods I thought
    > knew every city and (nearly) every NPC. Now, there are so much more
    > options, quests and little surprises. For example, I thought I cleared
    > out Galom Daeus. Imagine my surprise on a recent visit, when a Berne
    > Elder appeared out of nothing and attacked me. And the greater the
    > surprise to see him rise from the (un)dead right after he hit the
    > ground! I completely forgot that I would need a wooden stake to
    > finish him. That fight was the first after a long time to raise my
    > adrenalin.
    >
    > Bjoern

    Sounds cool. Which mod is the vampire from (I.O.?) I have
    Illuminated Order installed, but hadn't swung by 8 plates to start
    it....well, I go by 8 plates but it is to entertain patrons. (I am
    looking for more drums.)

    On 16 Aug 2004 14:06:37 -0700, DeAnn <von.sagrillo@verizon.net> wrote:

    >> That really is fascinating. Until I started playing mods I thought
    >> I knew every city and (nearly) every NPC. Now, there are so much more
    >> options, quests and little surprises. For example, I thought I cleared
    >> out Galom Daeus. Imagine my surprise on a recent visit, when a Berne
    >> Elder appeared out of nothing and attacked me. And the greater the
    >> surprise to see him rise from the (un)dead right after he hit the
    >> ground! I completely forgot that I would need a wooden stake to
    >> finish him. That fight was the first after a long time to raise my
    >> adrenalin.
    >
    > Sounds cool. Which mod is the vampire from (I.O.?)

    I believe it is from "Vampire Realism v1.2". I installed that together
    with "Vampire Upgrade v1.2" and "Vampire Embrace v2.1", so it could be
    from any of those three. I highly recommend installing all three mods
    if you wish to improve "life" as a vampire. With those mods active
    (and perhaps "Suran Underworld" for a certain amulet) the game really
    becomes playable as a vampire. You can seduce other NPCs to donate their
    blood (they will slowly get addicted to it), create your own vampire
    minions, and much more.
    But there are new difficulties as well: Restore health won't work for
    vampires anymore, which makes sense for undead creatures. You really need
    to absorb other creatures' health. To kill a vampire you must use a wooden
    stake, otherwise he will recover completely in the same moment you give him
    the final blow. (Which I forgot at the first encounter. I can tell you, it
    was a hell of a fight. This Ancient Vampire Armor is beyond Daedric.)
    Vampire Hunters might come after you, Temple interiors cause pain to
    vampires, but as a small compensation traders will now serve vampires if
    their disposition is high enough. NPCs will give quests to a vampire, but
    it isn't easy to raise their disposition high enough. And if you fail to
    persuade them... They'll attack you.

    > I have Illuminated Order installed, but hadn't swung by 8 plates to start
    > it....well, I go by 8 plates but it is to entertain patrons. (I am
    > looking for more drums.)

    I believe there are only two kinds of drums in the game: drums and
    guar skin drums. If you need more variation, add a lute or download
    a furniture mod to add a harpsichord or 6th house bells.

    Bjoern

Games Video Games Product