Twin Lamps: I want to free ALL of the slaves - where are t..

Last response: in Video Games
August 12, 2004 12:11:59 AM

Anybody know of a master list or cheat-sheet that lists the locations of
all slaves in Morrowind? I want to free all the slaves that I can.

Thank you.

More about : twin lamps free slaves

Anonymous
August 12, 2004 12:32:39 AM

If you don't have it already, get Juniper's Twin Lamps. Among other
things, that plugin will add an inn with a basement containing several
Twin Lamps members and notes that list the location of most of the game's
freeable slaves.

--

--

Mail: marxistbastard666@yahoo.invalid
MSN Messenger: marxistbastard666@yahoo.invalid

Marxist ├častard wrote:

> If you don't have it already, get Juniper's Twin Lamps. Among other
> things, that plugin will add an inn with a basement containing several
> Twin Lamps members and notes that list the location of most of the game's
> freeable slaves.

I tried here, but it doesn't work for me.

http://thelys.free.fr/BrotherJuniper/juniper.htm
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 9:08:31 AM

ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message news:<411ABFE4.BC18AAB1@lauragoodwin.org>...
> Marxist ├častard wrote:
> >
> > If you don't have it already, get Juniper's Twin Lamps. Among other
> > things, that plugin will add an inn with a basement containing several
> > Twin Lamps members and notes that list the location of most of the game's
> > freeable slaves.
>
> I tried here, but it doesn't work for me.
>
> http://thelys.free.fr/BrotherJuniper/juniper.htm

The main game is frustrating because you often can't tell whether it
is impossible or just difficult to free a particular slave. I'm
currently playing Nerena(sp?)'s Twin Lamps and slave Hunters mod.
It's a very good mod and the author says he's got a way to free every
slave he could find. (It's not always obvious how, though.)
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 2:12:54 PM

DeAnn wrote:

> The main game is frustrating because you often can't tell whether it
> is impossible or just difficult to free a particular slave. I'm
> currently playing Nerena(sp?)'s Twin Lamps and slave Hunters mod.
> It's a very good mod and the author says he's got a way to free every
> slave he could find. (It's not always obvious how, though.)

Where are they all, though? Some locations, please, anybody?
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 4:06:39 PM

FWIW, I still don't know where to find them. In past incarnations I ran
into many in random caves, etc., but I certainly don't remember where
they all are.

I'm running the Twin Lamps Mod now (not Juniper's, the other one) and I
understand that I have to free 15 slaves before I even get the password
and can start. I have freed 13 so far, and all the others I know of
can't be freed.

I just need a couple of locations so I can free a couple more slaves and
begin the Twin Lamps quests, so please help me out.

I freed the Seyda Need and Rotheran ones so far.
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 4:24:50 PM

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 20:55:00 -0400, ToolPackinMama
<laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

>> If you don't have it already, get Juniper's Twin Lamps. Among other
>> things, that plugin will add an inn with a basement containing several
>> Twin Lamps members and notes that list the location of most of the
>> game's freeable slaves.
>
> I tried here, but it doesn't work for me.
>
> http://thelys.free.fr/BrotherJuniper/juniper.htm

TheLys has moved here
http://thelys.org/

There's a second Twin Lamps mod, too. It is called
"Nevena's Twin Lamps and Slavehunters", available at
http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/modcontrols/mods.asp
It is better to start a new game with this mod, but I liked it better
than Juniper's Twin Lamps. Get them both and decide for yourself.

Bjoern
August 12, 2004 8:42:07 PM

> I just need a couple of locations so I can free a couple more slaves and
> begin the Twin Lamps quests, so please help me out.
>
> I freed the Seyda Need and Rotheran ones so far.

Check the caves right outside Gnisis when you leave via the entrance next to
Fort Darius. Also, and you may be including these under the Seyda Neen
ones, there is a cave on one of the islands near Seyda Neen that has slaves
(the islands around where you find you know who's body).
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 10:12:46 PM

Sarah wrote:

> "ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message
>
> > I just need a couple of locations so I can free a couple more slaves and
> > begin the Twin Lamps quests, so please help me out.
> >
> > I freed the Seyda Need and Rotheran ones so far.
>
> Check the caves right outside Gnisis when you leave via the entrance next to
> Fort Darius. Also, and you may be including these under the Seyda Neen
> ones, there is a cave on one of the islands near Seyda Neen that has slaves
> (the islands around where you find you know who's body).

Dig this: I searched that cave high and low and picked the bodies of
the denizen's clean, but I never could find the ding-dong KEY!.
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 10:25:49 PM

ToolPackinMama wrote:

> I'm running the Twin Lamps Mod now (not Juniper's, the other one) and I
> understand that I have to free 15 slaves before I even get the password
> and can start.

OK I finally met my quota, did a couple of little chores for Ms. Dren,
and now I seem to have dead-ended. I thought the mod added all kinds of
Twin lamps quests. So far, I'm pretty disappointed.
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 10:30:11 PM

ToolPackinMama wrote:

> OK I finally met my quota, did a couple of little chores for Ms. Dren,
> and now I seem to have dead-ended. I thought the mod added all kinds of
> Twin lamps quests. So far, I'm pretty disappointed.

Nevena's Twin Lamps mod, I should specify. Anybody reading this playing
this mod? The mod is loaded and enabled, all right. The slave-hunter
faction shows up, and etc.
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 10:30:12 PM

> ToolPackinMama wrote:
>
> > OK I finally met my quota, did a couple of little chores for Ms. Dren,
> > and now I seem to have dead-ended. I thought the mod added all kinds of
> > Twin lamps quests. So far, I'm pretty disappointed.
>
> Nevena's Twin Lamps mod, I should specify. Anybody reading this playing
> this mod? The mod is loaded and enabled, all right. The slave-hunter
> faction shows up, and etc.

Okay -

First off, make certain you have version 1.2 of Nevena's mod installed.
This fixes a bunch of bugs that will lock you out of the main quest. In
order to meet-up with the twin lamps, you have to go visit Ambika in
Peligard. Once you are in her Apotechary shop, look around. You'll see a
'dusty' letter near a table to your left as you enter. Pick it up. Ambika
will then ask you to deliver the letter to her 'bestest' friend Aurora - do
so and you'll start meeting all the various twin lamps operatives. The mail
delivery will quickly turn into a courier service that will bounce you all
over the island - but at the end, you'll be recoginzied as friendly to the
Twin Lamps.

That's how you get involved with the Twin Lamps. Its a little clunky way to
start-up but I hope it will be fixed with version 2.

Hope it helps some.

--
MJB

Mr. Tin's Painting Workshop:
http://web.newsguy.com/Mrtinsworkshop/
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 12:01:01 AM

MJB wrote:

> First off, make certain you have version 1.2 of Nevena's mod installed.
> This fixes a bunch of bugs that will lock you out of the main quest. In
> order to meet-up with the twin lamps, you have to go visit Ambika in
> Peligard. Once you are in her Apotechary shop, look around. You'll see a
> 'dusty' letter near a table to your left as you enter.

Thank you very much.
August 13, 2004 1:05:42 AM

> > Check the caves right outside Gnisis when you leave via the entrance
next to
> > Fort Darius. Also, and you may be including these under the Seyda Neen
> > ones, there is a cave on one of the islands near Seyda Neen that has
slaves
> > (the islands around where you find you know who's body).
>
> Dig this: I searched that cave high and low and picked the bodies of
> the denizen's clean, but I never could find the ding-dong KEY!.

You mean the one on an island near Seyda Neen? It's sitting on top of a
chest or table and it's very hard to see because the colour of the key is
almost identical to what it's sitting on.
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 4:42:13 AM

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:30:11 -0400, ToolPackinMama
<laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

> ToolPackinMama wrote:
>
>> OK I finally met my quota, did a couple of little chores for Ms. Dren,
>> and now I seem to have dead-ended. I thought the mod added all kinds of
>> Twin lamps quests. So far, I'm pretty disappointed.
>
> Nevena's Twin Lamps mod, I should specify. Anybody reading this playing
> this mod? The mod is loaded and enabled, all right. The slave-hunter
> faction shows up, and etc.

Did you talk to Im-Kilaya at the Argonian Mission in Ebonheart or Jobasha
in Vivec's Foreign Quarter? There are a few new quest givers, for example
a Khajiit in Pelagiad. Since the Twin Lamps isn't a public faction they
operate undercover. You'll have to find them.
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 4:42:14 AM

Bjoern Liffers wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:30:11 -0400, ToolPackinMama
> <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
>
> > ToolPackinMama wrote:
> >
> >> OK I finally met my quota, did a couple of little chores for Ms. Dren,
> >> and now I seem to have dead-ended. I thought the mod added all kinds of
> >> Twin lamps quests. So far, I'm pretty disappointed.
> >
> > Nevena's Twin Lamps mod, I should specify. Anybody reading this playing
> > this mod? The mod is loaded and enabled, all right. The slave-hunter
> > faction shows up, and etc.
>
> Did you talk to Im-Kilaya at the Argonian Mission in Ebonheart

Yes, when I delivered that poor Hla Oad Kajiit. No new quest.

> or Jobasha
> in Vivec's Foreign Quarter?

May I ask, do you KNOW that I should talk with him, or are you just
guessing?

> There are a few new quest givers, for example
> a Khajiit in Pelagiad.

Really?
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 5:02:38 AM

Sarah wrote:

> "ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message
>
> > > Check the caves right outside Gnisis when you leave via the entrance
> next to
> > > Fort Darius. Also, and you may be including these under the Seyda Neen
> > > ones, there is a cave on one of the islands near Seyda Neen that has
> slaves
> > > (the islands around where you find you know who's body).
> >
> > Dig this: I searched that cave high and low and picked the bodies of
> > the denizen's clean, but I never could find the ding-dong KEY!.
>
> You mean the one on an island near Seyda Neen? It's sitting on top of a
> chest or table and it's very hard to see because the colour of the key is
> almost identical to what it's sitting on.

That's what I figured, so I looked extra carefully at every flat surface
in the place, but I just plain can't find it ~at all~.

Maybe I'll go back with a find-key spell.
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 9:05:10 AM

ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message news:<411BEE6D.647C0D13@lauragoodwin.org>...
> ToolPackinMama wrote:
>
> > I'm running the Twin Lamps Mod now (not Juniper's, the other one) and I
> > understand that I have to free 15 slaves before I even get the password
> > and can start.
>
> OK I finally met my quota, did a couple of little chores for Ms. Dren,
> and now I seem to have dead-ended. I thought the mod added all kinds of
> Twin lamps quests. So far, I'm pretty disappointed.

SPOILERS.....

Hmm, the mod DOES add all kinds of quests and interesting stuff.
Since I routinely free slaves, I didn't have a problem getting to 15.
some locations:

1. The Dren plantation. Keys are on some of the guards (there is a
note indicating that one of these guards is a pain to slaves). One of
the slaves is part of another quest, though (it is obvious which one),
a residual from the unmodded game. This is about 6 slaves.

2. The smugglers cave by the Silt strider in Scyda Neen. This is 3
slaves.

3. A cave off the coast by Pelegiad (the cave on the side of town
with the Argonian in the field, not the cave on the side with
Ahnassi's house). This is 6 slaves.

4. The cave south of Gnisis, on the road to Ald Velothi. The key is
on the Orc guard, if I remember correctly. Certainly it is in that
first room. I think this is 6 slaves. If the guard's body is gone,
there may not be another key.

5. The ~5 slaves you can buy and free in Tel Arune (sp?--the place in
Zarmumble Bay that sells slaves to the PC.

Presumeably, you get a bonus for taking the slaves to a safehouse.
One such safehouse is the Argonian Mission in Ebonhart, which is "sort
of" obvious if you've played the main game a lot (and taken escaped
slaves there already).
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 9:22:01 AM

ToolPackinMama wrote:

> Nevena's Twin Lamps mod, I should specify. Anybody reading this playing
> this mod?

I played through most quests of the mod recently. I had no serious
problems. There are some minor hiccups, but I got no show-stopper which
prevented me from following the quests.

Concerning the tough-to-discover TwinLamps, I actually like this. They
are operating in underground, so it would be a bit silly to have a
questgiver sitting at Balmora marketplace. And you have to earn their trust.

If you follow the deliver-letter series of quests, you will be shown
around to the TwinLamps guildhouses. I suppose this quest was meant to
do exactly this, introduce the player to their locations. This quest
starts in the Pelagiad Apothecary. Each of the deliverey objects are
TwinLamp questgivers.

I'm sure I havn't discovered all and every slave in Morrowind yet, but
every slave I found so far could be freed with Nevena's mod. Though
sometimes it's a bit tricky, but that doesn't mean impossible.
A possible hiccup here is not related to the mod but the game engine: If
for example a slave of the Arvel plantation wanders a bit far away and
ends up in the Dren plantation cell, he needs the Dren slave key to be
freed now, not anymore the Arvel key.

The only slaves you cannot free the normal way are "special slaves",
like that escaped Argonian in the middle of nowhere of the Ashlands, or
the drug-mule Rabinna. Those have their own scripts, not the common
slaveScript, but as they are still class "Slave" they get the dialog
options, but those won't work properly because of their own script.

Peter
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 9:22:02 AM

Peter Strempel wrote:

> Concerning the tough-to-discover TwinLamps, I actually like this.

IMHO it's kind of hard to enjoy playing a mod when you can't even get
started with it.
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 11:03:37 AM

ToolPackinMama wrote:

> Sarah wrote:
>
>>"ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message

>>next to

>>slaves

>>>Dig this: I searched that cave high and low and picked the bodies of
>>>the denizen's clean, but I never could find the ding-dong KEY!.
>>
>>You mean the one on an island near Seyda Neen? It's sitting on top of a
>>chest or table and it's very hard to see because the colour of the key is
>>almost identical to what it's sitting on.
>

> That's what I figured, so I looked extra carefully at every flat surface
> in the place, but I just plain can't find it ~at all~.
>
> Maybe I'll go back with a find-key spell.

Thats what I had to do and it still took awhile to find it.
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 1:14:04 PM

ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message news:<411BEE6D.647C0D13@lauragoodwin.org>...
> ToolPackinMama wrote:
>
> > I'm running the Twin Lamps Mod now (not Juniper's, the other one) and I
> > understand that I have to free 15 slaves before I even get the password
> > and can start.
>
> OK I finally met my quota, did a couple of little chores for Ms. Dren,
> and now I seem to have dead-ended. I thought the mod added all kinds of
> Twin lamps quests. So far, I'm pretty disappointed.

SPOILER SPACE

There are many quests. I have just installed it and started it (that
is, have not finished it), but I have been asked to do a number of
quests for many people.

One thing that got quests started was noticing the "undelivered mail"
on the table of the new apothecary in Pelegiad. This is one way to
start delivering mail between the major Twin Lamps cells. There may
be other things that initiate the quest. This will let you know who
the major players are.

After you have freed enough slaves to get the Twin Lamps passphrase,
each of these / most of these will start giving you additional quests.

In addition, there is the little item of figuring out what is going on
with the slave hunters. At some point, I got lucky asking about them
and started getting info. Many legionaires, for example, will tell
you they are working on trying to figure those guys out. The Morag
Tong in Sadrith Mora also had a little info.

I am currently trying a bunch of mods that add quest streams, so
progress on Twin Lamps is slow for me.....but quite fun. One thing
I've noticed about adding (so many) mods: I have to actually read the
dialogue screens again as they contain a lot of useful information
that I don't already know. Nerena's Twin Lamps and Slave Hunters is a
full faction-type mod (perhaps two factions if you can follow the
Slave Hunter route as an alternative). The only difficulty I've
found is when I end up leading 6 or 9 or whatever number of slaves to
a safehouse. I have needed to "tcl" on occasion to get someone
unstuck. And "tcl" with lots of NPCs following you is a bit tricky
(save first).
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 2:15:12 PM

DeAnn wrote:

> Presumeably, you get a bonus for taking the slaves to a safehouse.

Thanks very much. :)
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 7:47:21 PM

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:59:53 -0400, ToolPackinMama
<laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

> Bjoern Liffers wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:30:11 -0400, ToolPackinMama wrote:
>>
>> Did you talk to Im-Kilaya at the Argonian Mission in Ebonheart
>
> Yes, when I delivered that poor Hla Oad Kajiit. No new quest.

Strange. He gave me a quest to guide Ree-Jah (an Argonian west of
the Erabenimsun Camp) to safety. The topic you need to address is
"aid the Twin Lamps"

>> or Jobasha in Vivec's Foreign Quarter?
>
> May I ask, do you KNOW that I should talk with him, or are you just
> guessing?

Concerning Jobasha, I'm just guessing. According to the mod's readme file,
he has been changed. Concerning Im-Kilaya, I'm absolutely sure. I've
done a few quests for him.

>> There are a few new quest givers, for example
>> a Khajiit in Pelagiad.
>
> Really?

Yes, that Khajiit is an Apothecary named Ambika. She has her own house
in northern Pelagiad. I have done a quest for her, too.

Maybe you don't get all the quests, because you are just starting to
liberate slaves. I started this mod at a time when my character had already
freed more than 100 slaves.
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 7:47:22 PM

Bjoern Liffers wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:59:53 -0400, ToolPackinMama
> <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
>
> > Bjoern Liffers wrote:
> >>
> >> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:30:11 -0400, ToolPackinMama wrote:
> >>
> >> Did you talk to Im-Kilaya at the Argonian Mission in Ebonheart
> >
> > Yes, when I delivered that poor Hla Oad Kajiit. No new quest.
>
> Strange. He gave me a quest to guide Ree-Jah (an Argonian west of
> the Erabenimsun Camp) to safety. The topic you need to address is
> "aid the Twin Lamps"

OK, thank you.
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 7:59:45 PM

Bjoern Liffers wrote:

> Yes, that Khajiit is an Apothecary named Ambika. She has her own house
> in northern Pelagiad. I have done a quest for her, too.

Do more than one quests for her. She is absolutely awesome. As her
storyline develops, you notice that kitten has some problems. A real
interesting twist here created by the author. However, she and my
Khajiit Morag Tong assassin are best friends. :*)

Peter
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 4:23:05 AM

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:59:45 +0200, Peter Strempel
<peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Bjoern Liffers wrote:
>
>> Yes, that Khajiit is an Apothecary named Ambika. She has her own house
>> in northern Pelagiad. I have done a quest for her, too.
>
> Do more than one quests for her. She is absolutely awesome. As her
> storyline develops, you notice that kitten has some problems.

Sounds familiar. There's another kitten with problems in Pelagiad.

> A real interesting twist here created by the author. However,
> she and my Khajiit Morag Tong assassin are best friends. :*)

I'll look into it, but I'd better be careful: Ahnassi might get jealous.
Especially since I'm playing an Argonian whose species is said to be
"fiercly loyal" :-)

Bjoern
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 6:15:42 PM

Bjoern Liffers wrote:

> Ahnassi might get jealous.
> Especially since I'm playing an Argonian

Argonian ? Smooth moves ??

Did you cast a blind spell on Ahnassi, or Damage Intelligence?

SCNR,

Peter
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 12:47:19 AM

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 14:15:42 +0200, Peter Strempel
<peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Ahnassi might get jealous.
>> Especially since I'm playing an Argonian
>
> Argonian ? Smooth moves ??

Just as smooth as a Khajiit's moves. Both walk a little funny, so maybe I
reminded Ahnassi of herself...

> Did you cast a blind spell on Ahnassi, or Damage Intelligence?

No - but since you mentioned it: Do you know the "Cult of the Clouds" mod?
One of their members did exactly that - he lost his wedding ring and tried
to fool his wife by forging it and adding a blind 80% spell to it.
:-D

> SCNR

It's OK, I enjoy playing an Argonian: I love to walk into a Slavehunter,
receive the usual "Now, where did you escape?" greeting and then scare the
hell out of him by using the persuade/intimidate dialogue. Those people
don't seem to expect a lizard to bite back...

Bjoern
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 4:47:42 AM

Bjoern Liffers wrote:

> No - but since you mentioned it: Do you know the "Cult of the Clouds" mod?

Nope. I think I saw it somewhere (Thelepolis modlist probably), but
havn't tried yet.

> It's OK, I enjoy playing an Argonian: I love to walk into a Slavehunter,
> receive the usual "Now, where did you escape?" greeting and then scare the
> hell out of him by using the persuade/intimidate dialogue. Those people
> don't seem to expect a lizard to bite back...

Oh, ditto. I'm enjoying my Khajiit with a similar background at the
moment. One of Ambikas quests, the third or forth, involves a pretty
bloodbath (the Corner Club bloodbath is Kindergarten compared to that),
where you can absolutely live your aggressions against that slavehunter
scum. :*)

I didn't use the persuade/taunt trick. That's for weaklings. The fine
was hefty, though, and the way to the closest thieves guild a
professional guard evasion maneuveur. Mephala bless that Ring of the
Khajiit and a mediocre Illusion skill.

As a sidenote, something I never understood: When you finish the thieves
guild quests for one of the Masterminds, they say "If you have a price
on your head, I will care for it...". So I went with my ~4000 gc fine to
Sugar-Lisps, and she got pissed at me, so I had to pay myself downstairs
at the nice uncle Breton. Empty promises or what?

Peter
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 5:37:07 AM

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 00:47:42 +0200, Peter Strempel
<peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> But since you mentioned it: Do you know the "Cult of the Clouds" mod?
>
> Nope. I think I saw it somewhere (Thelepolis modlist probably), but
> havn't tried yet.

I can only recommend it. The rewards are a bit too valuable for what they
ask of you (it's mostly powers or abilities), but I like the possibility of
controlling the weather. And it adds a fast travel option to the Sheogorad
Region.

>> It's OK, I enjoy playing an Argonian: I love to walk into a
>> Slavehunter,
>> receive the usual "Now, where did you escape?" greeting and then scare
>> the hell out of him by using the persuade/intimidate dialogue. Those
>> people don't seem to expect a lizard to bite back...
>
> Oh, ditto. I'm enjoying my Khajiit with a similar background at the
> moment. One of Ambikas quests, the third or forth, involves a pretty
> bloodbath (the Corner Club bloodbath is Kindergarten compared to that),
> where you can absolutely live your aggressions against that slavehunter
> scum. :*)

I'll have to do that quest in the near future. Right now I'm testing
quite a few mods and get distracted easily.

> I didn't use the persuade/taunt trick. That's for weaklings.

Correct, but I have a reputation as Morag Tong Grandmaster. As long as I
can't write my own writs I have at least to pretend to have a reason to
kill anyone.

> As a sidenote, something I never understood: When you finish the thieves
> guild quests for one of the Masterminds, they say "If you have a price
> on your head, I will care for it...". So I went with my ~4000 gc fine to
> Sugar-Lisps, and she got pissed at me, so I had to pay myself downstairs
> at the nice uncle Breton. Empty promises or what?

Yes. It's always the secretaries that take care of your bounty. The Guild
Chiefs don't help at all, even if you are Master Thief.

Bjoern
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 10:20:28 AM

Bjoern Liffers <bjoernhenning.liffers@dialup.fh-aachen.de> wrote in message news:<opscqw75m6036b7o@News.CIS.DFN.DE>...
> On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 00:47:42 +0200, Peter Strempel
> <peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I'll have to do that quest in the near future. Right now I'm
testing
> quite a few mods and get distracted easily.

Playing a group of new mods at the same time has a nifty
advantage: it adds a fair amount of uncertainty about what is going
on. I'm doing something similar--and have no idea why every now and
then someone suddenly attacks me. Is it part of Myth and Murder?
Slave-Hunters? FTG? Seekers? Cool stuff; it reminds me of when I
first started this game. And if you can't find something or someone,
you can just move on to someone or something else that you can't find
either!
Anonymous
August 16, 2004 6:36:04 PM

On 15 Aug 2004 06:20:28 -0700, DeAnn <von.sagrillo@verizon.net> wrote:

> Bjoern Liffers <bjoernhenning.liffers@dialup.fh-aachen.de> wrote in
>> I'll have to do that quest in the near future. Right now I'm
>> testing quite a few mods and get distracted easily.
>>
> Playing a group of new mods at the same time has a nifty
> advantage: it adds a fair amount of uncertainty about what is going
> on.

Oh yes, I like that, too. However, it complicates removing a single mod,
if I don't like it. If the mod has been included in the savegame, there
are always little conflicts when removing it, like remaining map
entries of uninstalled areas.

> I'm doing something similar--and have no idea why every now and
> then someone suddenly attacks me. Is it part of Myth and Murder?
> Slave-Hunters? FTG? Seekers?

Or "Morrowind Comes Alive, Wilderness NPCs". That seems to consist only
of naked barbarians that attack on sight. By the way: If you like the
Seekers mod, you'll love Illuminated Order. I played that one before I
started Seekers. That resulted in me uninstalling Seekers.

> Cool stuff; it reminds me of when I first started this game.
> And if you can't find something or someone, you can just move on to
> someone or something else that you can't find either!

That really is fascinating. Until I started playing mods I thought I
knew every city and (nearly) every NPC. Now, there are so much more
options, quests and little surprises. For example, I thought I cleared
out Galom Daeus. Imagine my surprise on a recent visit, when a Berne
Elder appeared out of nothing and attacked me. And the greater the
surprise to see him rise from the (un)dead right after he hit the
ground! I completely forgot that I would need a wooden stake to
finish him. That fight was the first after a long time to raise my
adrenalin.

Bjoern
Anonymous
August 16, 2004 6:36:05 PM

Bjoern Liffers <bjoernhenning.liffers@dialup.fh-aachen.de> wrote in message news:<opsctryen1036b7o@News.CIS.DFN.DE>...
> On 15 Aug 2004 06:20:28 -0700, DeAnn <von.sagrillo@verizon.net> wrote:
>> That really is fascinating. Until I started playing mods I thought
> knew every city and (nearly) every NPC. Now, there are so much more
> options, quests and little surprises. For example, I thought I cleared
> out Galom Daeus. Imagine my surprise on a recent visit, when a Berne
> Elder appeared out of nothing and attacked me. And the greater the
> surprise to see him rise from the (un)dead right after he hit the
> ground! I completely forgot that I would need a wooden stake to
> finish him. That fight was the first after a long time to raise my
> adrenalin.
>
> Bjoern

Sounds cool. Which mod is the vampire from (I.O.?) I have
Illuminated Order installed, but hadn't swung by 8 plates to start
it....well, I go by 8 plates but it is to entertain patrons. (I am
looking for more drums.)
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 3:50:19 AM

On 16 Aug 2004 14:06:37 -0700, DeAnn <von.sagrillo@verizon.net> wrote:

>> That really is fascinating. Until I started playing mods I thought
>> I knew every city and (nearly) every NPC. Now, there are so much more
>> options, quests and little surprises. For example, I thought I cleared
>> out Galom Daeus. Imagine my surprise on a recent visit, when a Berne
>> Elder appeared out of nothing and attacked me. And the greater the
>> surprise to see him rise from the (un)dead right after he hit the
>> ground! I completely forgot that I would need a wooden stake to
>> finish him. That fight was the first after a long time to raise my
>> adrenalin.
>
> Sounds cool. Which mod is the vampire from (I.O.?)

I believe it is from "Vampire Realism v1.2". I installed that together
with "Vampire Upgrade v1.2" and "Vampire Embrace v2.1", so it could be
from any of those three. I highly recommend installing all three mods
if you wish to improve "life" as a vampire. With those mods active
(and perhaps "Suran Underworld" for a certain amulet) the game really
becomes playable as a vampire. You can seduce other NPCs to donate their
blood (they will slowly get addicted to it), create your own vampire
minions, and much more.
But there are new difficulties as well: Restore health won't work for
vampires anymore, which makes sense for undead creatures. You really need
to absorb other creatures' health. To kill a vampire you must use a wooden
stake, otherwise he will recover completely in the same moment you give him
the final blow. (Which I forgot at the first encounter. I can tell you, it
was a hell of a fight. This Ancient Vampire Armor is beyond Daedric.)
Vampire Hunters might come after you, Temple interiors cause pain to
vampires, but as a small compensation traders will now serve vampires if
their disposition is high enough. NPCs will give quests to a vampire, but
it isn't easy to raise their disposition high enough. And if you fail to
persuade them... They'll attack you.

> I have Illuminated Order installed, but hadn't swung by 8 plates to start
> it....well, I go by 8 plates but it is to entertain patrons. (I am
> looking for more drums.)

I believe there are only two kinds of drums in the game: drums and
guar skin drums. If you need more variation, add a lute or download
a furniture mod to add a harpsichord or 6th house bells.

Bjoern
!