Running a Radeon x300 and a GeForce 6600gt at the same time.

mgoh99

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
I finally got my A8R-MVP to post with both video cards. The radeon is in the main slot and alghout windows picks up the 6600GT (in device manager) I cant get it to display anything on the monitor.

Any thoughts?

mgoh99

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
i dont know that's why i posted it. I just want to have my monitor and my high def TV running different resolution and i don't know how to do it.

technician

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2005
8) I think your problem could be because they won't be using the same driver. See, ATI cards use Catalyst which comes with HYDRAVISION for multi-monitors, and nVidia has Forceware with(i dont remember) for their multi-screen setup. So even though windows boots them together, you may not get them to actually work together. Hopefully someone who has gotten a RADEON and GeFORCE to work together like that and can tell you how they did it, but i'd just sell both cards to some body and get a better card cause you CAN run different RESOLUTIONS as well as different CONTENT on each monitor with the ATI AVIVO and GEFORCE 7 cards, or so they advertise.

mgoh99

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
i get the following message in the windows display settings:

"The current graphics display driver cannot be used. It was written for a previous version of Windows, and is no longer compatible with this version of Windows

The system has started using the default VGA driver..."

I have the latest nvidia drivers.

TRENDING THREADS