Can't login after AD restoration

I've restored my DC from backup on different hardware successfuly, however, I
only can login with the administrator account. In AD console I can see all
the restored user accounts but I can't use any of them to login. I only have
one forest root machine and one DC. Please advice?!

You probably don't have the dc as a global catalog.

See: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313994

"Florencia" <Florencia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've restored my DC from backup on different hardware successfuly,
> however, I
> only can login with the administrator account. In AD console I can see all
> the restored user accounts but I can't use any of them to login. I only
> have
> one forest root machine and one DC. Please advice?!

it already has the GC

"" wrote:
> I've restored my DC from backup on different hardware
> successfuly, however, I
> only can login with the administrator account. In AD console I
> can see all
> the restored user accounts but I can't use any of them to
> login. I only have
> one forest root machine and one DC. Please advice?!

1 DC only in the forest...

any errors in the event logs?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-login-AD-restoration-ftopict406937.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1349812

I've one forest root (machineA) and one DC (machineB) all the operation
master rules seized to machineB

"Jorge_de_Almeida_Pinto" wrote:

> "" wrote:
> > I've restored my DC from backup on different hardware
> > successfuly, however, I
> > only can login with the administrator account. In AD console I
> > can see all
> > the restored user accounts but I can't use any of them to
> > login. I only have
> > one forest root machine and one DC. Please advice?!
>
> 1 DC only in the forest...
>
> any errors in the event logs?

> Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-login-AD-restoration-ftopict406937.html
> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1349812

Look in the Event Viewer and see if sysvol has come online. It sounds like
maybe the DC hasn't been able to share sysvol and become a DC.

Also run DCDIAG this should give you some info as well

Look for fail, error and warning errors.

If you don't have the tools installed load them from your install disk.

d:\i386\adminpak.msi (Server tools for remote management of servers)
d:\support\tools\setup.exe (Server Utilities)

Copy the following to a cmd file and run look for error, fail and warn
within the reports. Post any errors you can't figure out. make sure you
modify DC_Name to the name of a dc in your domain.

@echo off

c:
cd \
cd "program files\support tools"

del c:\dcdiag.log
dcdiag /e /c /v /s:DC_Name /f:c:\dcdiag.log
start c:\dcdiag.log