alex

I'm using a Windows 2000 Server and I am unable to open AD Users and Groups.
I get the message "The Authentication mechanism is unknown" If I restart the
server, AD works fine about 10-15 mins, the only other thing on the server is
Office 2002.

Any idea's anyone?

"" wrote:
> I'm using a Windows 2000 Server and I am unable to open AD
> Users and Groups.
> I get the message "The Authentication mechanism is unknown" If
> I restart the
> server, AD works fine about 10-15 mins, the only other thing
> on the server is
> Office 2002.
>
> Any idea's anyone?

what is in the event logs?

run: DCDIAG /V

DCDIAG is available from the support tools or resource kit (always
forget which one!)

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-AD-Users-Computers-ftopict407001.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1350060

Jorge,

From the Support Tools! And it is usually a better idea to use the Support
Tools from the Service Pack CD-Media or from the MS web site than the
Support Tools that come on the WIN2000 Server CD-Media ( it is a bit older
and there were problems with a couple of the utilities! ).

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24012

http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com