schema change

Blake

I am trying to add a custom attribute to the AD - When I click OK I get a
popup box:

Error:
The role owner attribute could not be read

This is a Windows 2000 SP 4 DC - it is the only DC I have ever had on this
domain.

I have added attributes before with no problems.

Ideas?

Blake

Are you a member of the Schema Admins group? If not add your self and
logoff and log back on.

Paul Bergson wrote:

> Are you a member of the Schema Admins group? If not add your self and
> logoff and log back on.

In theory, if he isn't already a member of that group, it shouldn't even let him
start the process of adding an attribute as the option to create a new one would
be greyed out. That's how it has been in my experience with win2k3.

> --
>
> Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

> "Blake" <blake_duffey@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to add a custom attribute to the AD - When I click OK I get a
> >popup box:
> >
> > Error:
> > The role owner attribute could not be read
> >
> > This is a Windows 2000 SP 4 DC - it is the only DC I have ever had on this
> > domain.
> >
> > I have added attributes before with no problems.
> >
> > Ideas?
> >
> > Blake

Blake

I am logged on as the domain admin

Blake

"Paul Bergson" <pbergson@allete_nospam.com> wrote in message
> Are you a member of the Schema Admins group? If not add your self and
> logoff and log back on.
>
> --
>

> Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

> rights.
>

> "Blake" <blake_duffey@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I am trying to add a custom attribute to the AD - When I click OK I get a
>>popup box:
>>
>> Error:
>> The role owner attribute could not be read
>>
>> This is a Windows 2000 SP 4 DC - it is the only DC I have ever had on
>> this domain.
>>
>> I have added attributes before with no problems.
>>
>> Ideas?
>>
>> Blake

Blake

Agreed

As I said, I have done this process a couple times before with no problem.

I can't find much on the web on this error

:(

Blake