Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

schema change

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
August 10, 2005 2:50:29 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

I am trying to add a custom attribute to the AD - When I click OK I get a
popup box:

Error:
The role owner attribute could not be read

This is a Windows 2000 SP 4 DC - it is the only DC I have ever had on this
domain.

I have added attributes before with no problems.

Ideas?

Blake

More about : schema change

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 5:20:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

Are you a member of the Schema Admins group? If not add your self and
logoff and log back on.

--


Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


"Blake" <blake_duffey@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:eiNnarbnFHA.1204@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I am trying to add a custom attribute to the AD - When I click OK I get a
>popup box:
>
> Error:
> The role owner attribute could not be read
>
> This is a Windows 2000 SP 4 DC - it is the only DC I have ever had on this
> domain.
>
> I have added attributes before with no problems.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Blake
>
>
>
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 3:53:12 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

Paul Bergson wrote:

> Are you a member of the Schema Admins group? If not add your self and
> logoff and log back on.
>

In theory, if he isn't already a member of that group, it shouldn't even let him
start the process of adding an attribute as the option to create a new one would
be greyed out. That's how it has been in my experience with win2k3.

>
> --
>
> Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> "Blake" <blake_duffey@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:eiNnarbnFHA.1204@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> >I am trying to add a custom attribute to the AD - When I click OK I get a
> >popup box:
> >
> > Error:
> > The role owner attribute could not be read
> >
> > This is a Windows 2000 SP 4 DC - it is the only DC I have ever had on this
> > domain.
> >
> > I have added attributes before with no problems.
> >
> > Ideas?
> >
> > Blake
> >
> >
> >
Related resources
August 11, 2005 8:55:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

I am logged on as the domain admin

Blake

"Paul Bergson" <pbergson@allete_nospam.com> wrote in message
news:ezKQtgdnFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Are you a member of the Schema Admins group? If not add your self and
> logoff and log back on.
>
> --
>
>
> Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
>
>
> "Blake" <blake_duffey@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:eiNnarbnFHA.1204@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>I am trying to add a custom attribute to the AD - When I click OK I get a
>>popup box:
>>
>> Error:
>> The role owner attribute could not be read
>>
>> This is a Windows 2000 SP 4 DC - it is the only DC I have ever had on
>> this domain.
>>
>> I have added attributes before with no problems.
>>
>> Ideas?
>>
>> Blake
>>
>>
>>
>
>
August 11, 2005 8:56:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

Agreed

As I said, I have done this process a couple times before with no problem.

I can't find much on the web on this error

:( 

Blake

"Brandon McCombs" <bmccombs@ma.rr.com> wrote in message
news:42FA93C7.70239A59@ma.rr.com...
>
>
> Paul Bergson wrote:
>
>> Are you a member of the Schema Admins group? If not add your self and
>> logoff and log back on.
>>
>
> In theory, if he isn't already a member of that group, it shouldn't even
> let him
> start the process of adding an attribute as the option to create a new one
> would
> be greyed out. That's how it has been in my experience with win2k3.
>
>>
>> --
>>
>> Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>> rights.
>>
>> "Blake" <blake_duffey@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:eiNnarbnFHA.1204@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> >I am trying to add a custom attribute to the AD - When I click OK I get
>> >a
>> >popup box:
>> >
>> > Error:
>> > The role owner attribute could not be read
>> >
>> > This is a Windows 2000 SP 4 DC - it is the only DC I have ever had on
>> > this
>> > domain.
>> >
>> > I have added attributes before with no problems.
>> >
>> > Ideas?
>> >
>> > Blake
>> >
>> >
>> >
>
!