Missing "Safely Remove Hardware Icon"

October 6, 2004 4:04:57 AM

I run XP Home on a Dell Dimension 4400 P4 machine. I
have an external USB 2.0 Maxtor hard drive attached.
Occasionally the "Safely Remove Hardware" Icon is missing
from the notification area. When I check on it in the
Taskbar Properties (Customize) list, it is listed
under "Past Items" even when Windows recognizes the
external hard drive. Is there a way to bring it back
into "Current Items" and get it to display in the
notification area?
Anonymous
October 6, 2004 5:08:41 PM

Right click on the Start button and select the Taskbar tab. Uncheck "Hide
inactive icons."

"Fred Hoffman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I run XP Home on a Dell Dimension 4400 P4 machine. I
> have an external USB 2.0 Maxtor hard drive attached.
> Occasionally the "Safely Remove Hardware" Icon is missing
> from the notification area. When I check on it in the
> Taskbar Properties (Customize) list, it is listed
> under "Past Items" even when Windows recognizes the
> external hard drive. Is there a way to bring it back
> into "Current Items" and get it to display in the
> notification area?
June 5, 2011 1:52:23 AM

Quote:

!