AD in read only mode?

"" wrote:
> Is it possible?
>
> O.

can you explain what you want to acchieve? this is not enough info

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-AD-read-mode-ftopict407589.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1352658

only interested in architecture details.But NT4 has some feature such as
"environment lock down" or so which probably allows them to be switched to
read only mode. But neither this information is for sure from my point of
view.

O.

Ondrej Sevecek wrote:
> only interested in architecture details.But NT4 has some feature such as
> "environment lock down" or so which probably allows them to be switched to
> read only mode. But neither this information is for sure from my point of
> view.

NT has a read only DC becopuse of it replication model. AD uses
multimaster replication and every DC can make a change to the AD. Read
only mode AFAIR is planned in some next version.

As jorge said - give us some details what do You want to achive, becouse
there may be another soutlion. For example If You need LDAP server
with read only access to AD users data ADAM synchronized with AD can be
a way to go for You.

--
Tomasz Onyszko
http://www.w2k.pl

it was only that I am interested in AD design principles. But thanks for the
ADAM notice, I have already forget about it. Will try the system.
Many thanks anyway.
O.