How do you raise your alchemy without training
It is one of my major skills.

"Metis Artist" <Talisa(remove)@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> How do you raise your alchemy without training
> It is one of my major skills.

You raise it by use. There are at least two books that also will raise it.

Get the best equipment you can afford and find. There is master-level
equipment in Balmora and one Grandmaster piece. How high is your
intellect? The higher the better as you will create more potions and less
fizzles. Many alchemists have repeating supplies of components of one or
more potions. Make them and sell excess back to alchemist.

My current character is a female Argonian who is emphasizing her magical
skills. She has alchemy as a major skill. Don't think whe ever trained in
it. If she did it was only once. Now at level 33 she has 80 in alchemy.
She needs a high alchemy score to advance in the Mage Guild. At this point
she is mostly interested in potions that fortify as she is not very strong
or agile. She also likes telekinesis spells. Noone mentions this but they
are very useful in reaching things beyond her reach but visible.

Thirinel

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 03:33:45 GMT, "Metis Artist"
<Talisa(remove)@shaw.ca> wrote:

>How do you raise your alchemy without training
>It is one of my major skills.

Alchemy is mainly raised by making potions. You can also raise it by
eating ingredients, but this only raises it at 1/4 the rate that potion
creation does.
--
Greg Johnson
Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.

"Metis Artist" <Talisa(remove)@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> How do you raise your alchemy without training
> It is one of my major skills.

If you're lazy, and simply want to play around with your own old school
chemistry set:

1: Get a bucketload of raw materials, crab meat, scales, etc. Cheap and/or
free is best
2: Scrounge together enough moolah to splash out on the master/Grandmaster
"starter kit".
3: If you're going the Mage's guild route, well, things are easier. Do the
dammned legwork to the alchemist kitty (Kjiet, whatever) then sell anything
costly potionwise to her, and train. (Yeah, Train. So I find it useful,
especially if you're starting out at 10 Achemy.)
3: Find that daft wood elf enchantress bint in the Mage's Guild (Balmora)
and sell your backpack full of useless scrolls (That you'd have plundered
from various smuggler caves - you can't tell me that having 90+ scrolls of
"Soul-Gem-Feeder-R-Us" is in any way useful.) to get money to train, repeat.
3a: - This is a reasonable way to dump and recover some of the value in
regards to the high-cost but heavy equipment you've been lugging around,
Dewemer make good but _weighty_ stuff.
4: Get your skill up, then start making potions, flogging them off to the
nice lady (Whatsherface of the White Haven) in Balmora, not forgetting to
dicker a little in the price to boost your Merchantile Skillz.
5: Surprisingly quickly, you have a bucketload of potions (some useful), $$$
and a decent Alchemy rating.

Neh.

-A friend in need is a friend to be avoided, a problem shared is a problem
doubled and a stitch in time saves none.