Watch Out Vonage-There's a New Sheriff In Town!

I signed up for service from VoIPTelco.net and it's great! My new
number & telephone adapter were issued right away. I wanted to be sure
that they were as good as they say they are so I asked questions up
front and they answered me very promptly. Having been with Vonage in
the past, I wanted to see how they compared. The service is
outstanding and quite affordable! I really think that these guys will
soon be a force to be reckoned with in the world of Broadband Phone
Service, and I strongly recommend that everyone check them out.

Their website is:
http://www.voiptelco.net

CW

Why would someone go for voiptelco when everything is available from a
well known brand for the same cost?

Sekhar wrote:
> Why would someone go for voiptelco when everything is available from a
> well known brand for the same cost?

Why would someone go to a local restaurant when everything is available
from a well known brand like McDonald's for the same cost?...Personal
Preference, that's why.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention some other reasons why VoIPTelco is better
than "The well known brand":

No Set-up fees
First Month Free
No Cancellation Fees
And they have an excellent Referral Program!

Like I said, I love the service.

Sekhar wrote:

> Why would someone go for voiptelco when everything is available from a
> well known brand for the same cost?

Sekhar:

I was wondering if you are genuinely interested on getting an answer or
if your are just asking a rhetorical question.

Are you defending Vonage? If positive, have you ever been a Vonage
subscriber?

IMHO, Vonage wants to be the Microsoft of the VoIP business: they are
arrogant, and use illegal practices. Additionally, their service is
clearly directed to non-tech types, and they don't want you to use
anything other than their approved hardware.

They are very happy to receive you as a subscriber, but if you try to
disconnect the service, there will be no human being to take your call.

They offer a money back, but then they still charge your credit card.
A friend of mine used the Amex facility that allows you to repudiate a
fraudulent charge, after trying for days to get out from their service.
Like the maffia, it's easy to get in, but impossible to get out.

-Ramon

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

This is not true! I canceled Vonage because of techical issues and not
only did I speak to a person, but I didn't have to send the hardware
back and they refund the disconnect fee (the person did give me a hard
time and tried to get me to stay with them). The reason I canceled
Vonage is because I couldn't get to their tec support to resovle the 3
major problems that I was having:

1.) Couldn't get to the voice mail from my phone
2.) Had to keep power cycling their adapter at least every other day
3.) Calls would come in but you could not hear them (this was happing
radomly), however, never had out going calls never had that problem

I switched to Packet8 and was having simular problems however they have
better tec support and the problem was my router.

Voange will be good for anyone that has a single computer, however, if
you have a home network and are trying to use it remotely stay away
form Vonage.

Packet8 has their problems as well though. Caller ID is just Number ID
and you have to use 11 digits to call localy. Anonymous Call Blocking
is cumbersome the feature that I wanted out of Vonage

Ramon F Herrera wrote:
> Sekhar wrote:
>
> > Why would someone go for voiptelco when everything is available from a
> > well known brand for the same cost?
>
> Sekhar:
>
> I was wondering if you are genuinely interested on getting an answer or
> if your are just asking a rhetorical question.
>
> Are you defending Vonage? If positive, have you ever been a Vonage
> subscriber?
>
> IMHO, Vonage wants to be the Microsoft of the VoIP business: they are
> arrogant, and use illegal practices. Additionally, their service is
> clearly directed to non-tech types, and they don't want you to use
> anything other than their approved hardware.
>
> They are very happy to receive you as a subscriber, but if you try to
> disconnect the service, there will be no human being to take your call.
>
> They offer a money back, but then they still charge your credit card.
> A friend of mine used the Amex facility that allows you to repudiate a
> fraudulent charge, after trying for days to get out from their service.
> Like the maffia, it's easy to get in, but impossible to get out.
>
> -Ramon

Quality of support service was what I was looking for too and I really
found what I was looking for with http://www.voiptelco.net. I get
answers to my questions. And even if they don't know right away, they
do the research, get the answer and get right back to me with it. I
Love It!

Hey Claywebb! What is your connection with voiptelco.net? Are you
their chief marketing officer or #1 evanglist or what? I like
http://sunrocket.com myself. It is everything you've described of that
other company and $10 less a month to boot. -Matt Johnson

DC

Very interesting, as I use Digital Voice. Check their website, looks kinda
the exact same with some changes...
<claywebb@zwallet.com> wrote in message
> I signed up for service from VoIPTelco.net and it's great! My new
> number & telephone adapter were issued right away. I wanted to be sure
> that they were as good as they say they are so I asked questions up
> front and they answered me very promptly. Having been with Vonage in
> the past, I wanted to see how they compared. The service is
> outstanding and quite affordable! I really think that these guys will
> soon be a force to be reckoned with in the world of Broadband Phone
> Service, and I strongly recommend that everyone check them out.
>
> Their website is:
> http://www.voiptelco.net
>
> CW

DC

oops forgot the website... www.digitalvoice.ca
"dc" <removedeliriou5@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Very interesting, as I use Digital Voice. Check their website, looks
kinda
> the exact same with some changes...
> <claywebb@zwallet.com> wrote in message
> > I signed up for service from VoIPTelco.net and it's great! My new
> > number & telephone adapter were issued right away. I wanted to be sure
> > that they were as good as they say they are so I asked questions up
> > front and they answered me very promptly. Having been with Vonage in
> > the past, I wanted to see how they compared. The service is
> > outstanding and quite affordable! I really think that these guys will
> > soon be a force to be reckoned with in the world of Broadband Phone
> > Service, and I strongly recommend that everyone check them out.
> >
> > Their website is:
> > http://www.voiptelco.net
> >
> > CW

1. Please note: This is only if you purchase the Annual Service for
$200. If you go with the montly service, you will pay $24.95. Let's
make sure that we compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges.

2. No, I'm not an evanglist, just another satisfied customer.