Active Directory Errors

When I go to look at the operations manager and look under the RID i get an
error under operations master. But it shows the server and domain name under
where i can transfer the role. Under PDC and Infrastructure it also displays
the the server name in both operations master and role transfer. My question
is how come I get an error under the RID tab but no where else. I tried to
switch the roles hoping that would elminate the error msg but to no avail.
Its a Windows 2000 SP4 environment and 1 DC. Also I have noticed that my
GPO's are acting funny lately meaning I can't edit them or add new ones,
could this be part of my RID problem? Please help.
2 answers Last reply
More about active directory errors

    Sounds like you have a rid problem and possibly a sysvol problem.

    Try running dcdiag. Look for fail, error and warning errors.

    If you don't have the tools installed load them from your install disk.

    d:\i386\adminpak.msi (Server tools for remote management of servers)
    d:\support\tools\setup.exe (Server Utilities)

    Copy the following to a cmd file and run look for error, fail and warn
    within the reports. Post any errors you can't figure out. Make sure you
    modify DC_Name to the name of a dc in your domain.

    @echo off

    c:
    cd \
    cd "program files\support tools"

    del c:\dcdiag.log
    dcdiag /e /c /v /s:DC_Name /f:c:\dcdiag.log
    start c:\dcdiag.log

    See for more details

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/TechRef/1d4ce93c-54f2-4069-a708-251509c38837.mspx

    Ryan wrote:
    > When I go to look at the operations manager and look under the RID i get an
    > error under operations master. But it shows the server and domain name under
    > where i can transfer the role. Under PDC and Infrastructure it also displays
    > the the server name in both operations master and role transfer. My question
    > is how come I get an error under the RID tab but no where else. I tried to
    > switch the roles hoping that would elminate the error msg but to no avail.
    > Its a Windows 2000 SP4 environment and 1 DC. Also I have noticed that my
    > GPO's are acting funny lately meaning I can't edit them or add new ones,
    > could this be part of my RID problem? Please help.

    Check that replication is working.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

Active Directory Windows