Sign in with
Your question

A8N32SLI Deluxe Video Issue/XP Installation issue

Last response: in Overclocking
July 23, 2006 3:41:59 AM

Just bought the board along with an EVGA Geforce 7600 GT KO. Unable to get a response for the monitor with this card in the PCI Express x16 slot. Has two slots, neither works. I've plugged in an old regular PCI card and it works fine. I've done everything under the sun to try and get it to work so I might be missing something or it's a faulty card. Taking any suggestions. Also when trying to install windows xp, after it copies the setup files and reboots it gives me the blue screen that says it isn't ACPI. Never had this issue before.
July 24, 2006 12:03:54 PM

What BIOS are you running. Version 1205 added support for 7900 series. This may cure you video problem.
July 24, 2006 5:03:54 PM

Yea I should have listed that, I did update to 1302 on my bios. I think it's just a faulty card. I'll know in a couple days when my next one arrives though. Thanks for the response
Related resources
July 24, 2006 5:19:06 PM

OK good luck. Also have you got ACPI enabled in the BIOS under the power tab?
July 24, 2006 6:10:10 PM

The ACPI is a common issue with this board. I had to go and enable the parallel port and disable the USB legacy. After that, I could install Win XP and it works fine.
July 26, 2006 10:48:45 AM

I may be way off base here. But have you tried installing XP with a Slipstream version of XP with SP2 on the CD?

I have a different MB (Intel D975XBX). When I first got the MB a couple months ago I used my slipstream XP and everything went fine. But a couple weeks ago, I wanted to reinstall XP with the original CD (for personal reasons I won't address now) and found a simular problem. XP would NOT install. When I went back to the slipstream CD with SP2 everything works fine.

I am just wondering if these new MBs don't require a newer version of XP with SP2 installed?
!