How to allow grant,,permission an specific assigned user/g..

Hi,

I disabled the permission to add workstation to the domain per
Authenticated group years
ago due to the problem that users keep joinning their workstation to the
domain.

However, we now have more member in IT, we might limit the right not to give
them the domain admin right, so we look ways to reactivate to assign an
user/group to be able to
add workstation to domain without limited times (previously was 10 times to
add workstation,
which I removed). Now I don't remember where to look for re-enabling it. Can
someone help?

Thanks,
J.H
3 answers Last reply
More about grant permission specific assigned user

    You need to modify the ms-DS-MachineAccountQuota in the AD schema

    See the following article:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;243327

    Jason Silva

    "J.H" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I disabled the permission to add workstation to the domain per
    > Authenticated group years
    > ago due to the problem that users keep joinning their workstation to the
    > domain.
    >
    > However, we now have more member in IT, we might limit the right not to give
    > them the domain admin right, so we look ways to reactivate to assign an
    > user/group to be able to
    > add workstation to domain without limited times (previously was 10 times to
    > add workstation,
    > which I removed). Now I don't remember where to look for re-enabling it. Can
    > someone help?
    >

    > Thanks,
    > J.H

    Thanks,

    Do you where to re-activate to allow the assigned user/group to join
    workstation to
    the domain??

    thanks,
    J.H
    "JSilva" <JSilva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > You need to modify the ms-DS-MachineAccountQuota in the AD schema
    >
    > See the following article:
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;243327
    >
    > Jason Silva
    >
    > "J.H" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I disabled the permission to add workstation to the domain per
    > > Authenticated group years
    > > ago due to the problem that users keep joinning their workstation to the
    > > domain.
    > >
    > > However, we now have more member in IT, we might limit the right not to
    give
    > > them the domain admin right, so we look ways to reactivate to assign an
    > > user/group to be able to
    > > add workstation to domain without limited times (previously was 10 times
    > > add workstation,
    > > which I removed). Now I don't remember where to look for re-enabling it.
    Can
    > > someone help?
    > >

    > > Thanks,
    > > J.H

    go into group policy security settings. There is an entry for add
    workstations to domain. You canspecify what group you would like to allow.

    "J.H" wrote:

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Do you where to re-activate to allow the assigned user/group to join
    > workstation to
    > the domain??
    >
    > thanks,
    > J.H
    > "JSilva" <JSilva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > You need to modify the ms-DS-MachineAccountQuota in the AD schema
    > >
    > > See the following article:
    > >
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;243327
    > >
    > > Jason Silva
    > >
    > > "J.H" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > I disabled the permission to add workstation to the domain per
    > > > Authenticated group years
    > > > ago due to the problem that users keep joinning their workstation to the
    > > > domain.
    > > >
    > > > However, we now have more member in IT, we might limit the right not to
    > give
    > > > them the domain admin right, so we look ways to reactivate to assign an
    > > > user/group to be able to
    > > > add workstation to domain without limited times (previously was 10 times
    > > > add workstation,
    > > > which I removed). Now I don't remember where to look for re-enabling it.
    > Can
    > > > someone help?
    > > >

    > > > Thanks,
    > > > J.H

Domain Workstations Active Directory Windows