Computers cannot log on to domain

javier

We have a Windows 2000 Domain with a mix of domain members that range
from 2000 Pro, XP Pro and 2003 Server. As of Monday I noticed the
following error on two 2003 Server that are running as member servers.

"This computer could not authenticate with
\\domaincontrollername.domain.com, a Windows domain controller for
domain <Domain Name>, and therefore this computer might deny logon
requests. This inability to authenticate might be caused by another
computer on the same network using the same name or the password for
this computer account is not recognized. If this message appears again,
contact your system administrator."

Event ID 3210

I removed the machines from the domain and added them back in and there
was no problem. However, I checked both systems this morning and one of
them returned the same error again. It seems to only happen on 2003
servers. as anyone run into this before?

Thanks,

Javier

Hi Javier!
I have the exactly same problem. We have a Windows 2003 Domain with 2 DC's.
Last week we had a problem and lost two of our servers. I had to restore
them, and after solving other problems I discovered that I can't login, with
one of my restored servers, into my DOMAIN. The other one was a DC and the
server is up and running.
This server only had MS Exchange and it was the main server of my Anti-Virus.
I already read many documentation about this NETLOGON Event ID 3210. Like
this article from MS Knowledge Base:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325850

There is also an error reported in my Domain controlers: EVENT ID 5722.

I tried it all, none worked for me. Anything that I tryed resulted in
"Access denied".
Now, after restart, my server have 3 main errors, apart of some exchange
errors since I haven't restored the Exchange BD's yet, in my event log:

WARNING LSASRV, ID 40960 (c000006d): this is about kerberos (kerberos
services are ok in my DC's).

ERROR NETLOGON, ID 3210 (c000022): error in the computer account password
couldn't reset it with netdom.exe

ERROR SERVICES CONTROL MANAGER, ID 7024: Certificate services specific error
2148081683 (c80092013)

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance,

Martim

"Javier" wrote:

> We have a Windows 2000 Domain with a mix of domain members that range
> from 2000 Pro, XP Pro and 2003 Server. As of Monday I noticed the
> following error on two 2003 Server that are running as member servers.
>
> "This computer could not authenticate with
> \\domaincontrollername.domain.com, a Windows domain controller for
> domain <Domain Name>, and therefore this computer might deny logon
> requests. This inability to authenticate might be caused by another
> computer on the same network using the same name or the password for
> this computer account is not recognized. If this message appears again,
> contact your system administrator."
>
> Event ID 3210
>
> I removed the machines from the domain and added them back in and there
> was no problem. However, I checked both systems this morning and one of
> them returned the same error again. It seems to only happen on 2003
> servers. as anyone run into this before?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Javier

This could deal with restricting anonymous access. Has this been changed at
all?

See:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;246261

Also check on eventid.net on the 3210 error. It has several users who have
had this error and may have solutions that help you out.

"Javier" <rojasj@gmail.com> wrote in message
> We have a Windows 2000 Domain with a mix of domain members that range
> from 2000 Pro, XP Pro and 2003 Server. As of Monday I noticed the
> following error on two 2003 Server that are running as member servers.
>
> "This computer could not authenticate with
> \\domaincontrollername.domain.com, a Windows domain controller for
> domain <Domain Name>, and therefore this computer might deny logon
> requests. This inability to authenticate might be caused by another
> computer on the same network using the same name or the password for
> this computer account is not recognized. If this message appears again,
> contact your system administrator."
>
> Event ID 3210
>
> I removed the machines from the domain and added them back in and there
> was no problem. However, I checked both systems this morning and one of
> them returned the same error again. It seems to only happen on 2003
> servers. as anyone run into this before?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Javier

javier

Hey folks,

There's not much info on MS's site about this particular problem.
Resetting the machine account isn't a good idea of the server that's
bumped is an Exchange box. Has anyone heard about a fix for this
problem? By the way, I noticed this happened after I ran Windows Update
and installed all the "Critical" patches. By any chances have this also
happened to anyone after they patched a server?

KJ

Carefully examine your environment(s) for replication errors and
specifically kerberos if this problem is recurring.

Also might have a look at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325850 for Windows
2003 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260575 for
Windows 2000 domains though they are essentially the same.

--
/kj
> Hey folks,
>
> There's not much info on MS's site about this particular problem.
> Resetting the machine account isn't a good idea of the server that's
> bumped is an Exchange box. Has anyone heard about a fix for this
> problem? By the way, I noticed this happened after I ran Windows Update
> and installed all the "Critical" patches. By any chances have this also
> happened to anyone after they patched a server?

Hi thanks for your help! But as I said before netdome.exe just kept
responding: access denied.
I will delete that computer account from AD.

Now I'll have to install exchange server...and then restore mailboxes and
public folders.................

:(

"kj" wrote:

> Carefully examine your environment(s) for replication errors and
> specifically kerberos if this problem is recurring.
>
> Also might have a look at
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325850 for Windows
> 2003 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260575 for
> Windows 2000 domains though they are essentially the same.
>

> --
> /kj
> "Javier" <rojasj@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > There's not much info on MS's site about this particular problem.
> > Resetting the machine account isn't a good idea of the server that's
> > bumped is an Exchange box. Has anyone heard about a fix for this
> > problem? By the way, I noticed this happened after I ran Windows Update
> > and installed all the "Critical" patches. By any chances have this also
> > happened to anyone after they patched a server?

javier

Hey guys how much disk space do your DC's have on the C Drive? I spoke
with Dell's GOld Support folks and this seems to be a common error when
a DC is low on disk space.

TRENDING THREADS