getting all the PCs in a Domain a specific user is logged in

Hi,

I have the following problem. I need to find out on which PCs a certain
user is currently logged in. Since the user is logged into a domain, I
think that the Domain Controller must have this information.

But I didn't find any API with which that would be possible. With the
ADSI Object IADSSession, I can only find out which user is remotely
logged in into a specific server, and only if this server is running a
Server OS (Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003).

Is there a way to get this information?

Regards
Marco
2 answers Last reply
More about getting domain specific user logged

    Marco Herrn wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have the following problem. I need to find out on which PCs a certain
    > user is currently logged in. Since the user is logged into a domain, I
    > think that the Domain Controller must have this information.
    >
    > But I didn't find any API with which that would be possible. With the
    > ADSI Object IADSSession, I can only find out which user is remotely
    > logged in into a specific server, and only if this server is running a
    > Server OS (Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003).
    >
    > Is there a way to get this information?

    Yes, there is but it's not easy way - only through gathering data from
    the event logs of this machines and analyzing it.

    Or deploying some solution like LimitLogon and gathering this data from
    its database.

    --
    Tomasz Onyszko
    http://www.w2k.pl

    As Tomasz said see:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2005/05/UtilitySpotlight/default.aspx

    "Tomasz Onyszko" <T.Onyszko_nospam_@w2k.pl> wrote in message
    > Marco Herrn wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have the following problem. I need to find out on which PCs a certain
    >> user is currently logged in. Since the user is logged into a domain, I
    >> think that the Domain Controller must have this information.
    >>
    >> But I didn't find any API with which that would be possible. With the
    >> ADSI Object IADSSession, I can only find out which user is remotely
    >> logged in into a specific server, and only if this server is running a
    >> Server OS (Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003).
    >>
    >> Is there a way to get this information?
    >
    > Yes, there is but it's not easy way - only through gathering data from the
    > event logs of this machines and analyzing it.
    >
    > Or deploying some solution like LimitLogon and gathering this data from
    > its database.
    >
    > --
    > Tomasz Onyszko
    > http://www.w2k.pl