getting all the PCs in a Domain a specific user is logged in

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 17, 2005 9:10:38 PM

Hi,

I have the following problem. I need to find out on which PCs a certain
user is currently logged in. Since the user is logged into a domain, I
think that the Domain Controller must have this information.

But I didn't find any API with which that would be possible. With the
ADSI Object IADSSession, I can only find out which user is remotely
logged in into a specific server, and only if this server is running a
Server OS (Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003).

Is there a way to get this information?

Regards
Marco
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 9:27:48 PM

Marco Herrn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the following problem. I need to find out on which PCs a certain
> user is currently logged in. Since the user is logged into a domain, I
> think that the Domain Controller must have this information.
>
> But I didn't find any API with which that would be possible. With the
> ADSI Object IADSSession, I can only find out which user is remotely
> logged in into a specific server, and only if this server is running a
> Server OS (Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003).
>
> Is there a way to get this information?

Yes, there is but it's not easy way - only through gathering data from
the event logs of this machines and analyzing it.

Or deploying some solution like LimitLogon and gathering this data from
its database.

--
Tomasz Onyszko
http://www.w2k.pl