log off script

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

Hi. I have a batch file that I want to run as a log off scrip for a couple
of users. My question is... Can I run a batch file @ log off or does it need
to be a VBS? Secondly can I have the VBS (if the first Q: is VBS) call the
batch file during shutoff?

Thanks,
2 answers Last reply
More about script
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

    you can do either..batch or vbs

    just know that logon/logoff scripts run under the context of the user.

    startup/shutdown scripts run under the context of system.

    "Peretz Stern" wrote:

    > Hi. I have a batch file that I want to run as a log off scrip for a couple
    > of users. My question is... Can I run a batch file @ log off or does it need
    > to be a VBS? Secondly can I have the VBS (if the first Q: is VBS) call the
    > batch file during shutoff?
    >

    > Thanks,

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

    On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:44:25 -0400, "Peretz Stern" <peretzstern@optonline.net> wrote:

    >Hi. I have a batch file that I want to run as a log off scrip for a couple
    >of users. My question is... Can I run a batch file @ log off or does it need
    >to be a VBS? Secondly can I have the VBS (if the first Q: is VBS) call the
    >batch file during shutoff?
    >

    >Thanks,

    You can use a batch (.bat or .cmd) file.

    See tip 5609 » How do I assign scripts in Windows 2000?
    in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

    See tip 8391 » How do I assign a logoff script to all users in my domain?

VBS Microsoft Active Directory Windows