Sign in with
Your question

PSU query

Last response: in Components
July 23, 2006 4:46:49 PM

Hi, just reading thru threads trying to identify a good PSU for my new build. Came across a comment that suggested a PSU 'wasn't dual core compatible'.

Please can anyone explain what this means?

Thanks
b14

PS thinking of either the Seasonic S12 430W or the Fortron Blue Storm 400W with a E6300.....not a gaming PC.

More about : psu query

July 23, 2006 5:18:06 PM

Quote:
Hi, just reading thru threads trying to identify a good PSU for my new build. Came across a comment that suggested a PSU 'wasn't dual core compatible'.

Please can anyone explain what this means?

Thanks
b14

PS thinking of either the Seasonic S12 430W or the Fortron Blue Storm 400W with a E6300.....not a gaming PC.

which dumbass said that?

that seasonic or FSP will be fine.
July 23, 2006 5:43:23 PM

To my knowledge the only thing that makes a PSU not dual core compatible is that it doesnt have enough wattage. However if that is the case then you have other things to worry about. In short you will be fine.
Related resources
July 23, 2006 5:44:19 PM

To my knowledge the only thing that makes a PSU not dual core compatible is that it doesnt have enough wattage. However if that is the case then you have other things to worry about. In short you will be fine. But if you can you may want to get some more watts so you have plenty for your graphics card.
a b ) Power supply
July 23, 2006 5:54:50 PM

I only checked out the seasonic if you go with that you should be fine. The big thing when buying psu's is to make sure your mobo, psu, and case all work well together. Any Conroe mobo should work with that psu.

Just make sure your case has good ventilation for that PSU and you're good to go. I'm cautious of the 120mm fan PSUs, as most cases don't have vent holes for them.
July 23, 2006 6:53:15 PM

the 120mm fan PSU's generally cool better because they pull air off the CPu and vent it out the back of the PSU.
July 23, 2006 7:57:03 PM

Many thanks for the responses. I'm thinking of the Lian Li PC 7 Plus case with my E6300. Yet to decide on the mobo, but thinking of an Intel one simply because most comments suggest they are very stable. I'll choose the mobo when the Intel Dual Core processors have been out a few weeks. I'll read the threads and reviews to see which is best for me.
cheers
B14desman
July 23, 2006 10:37:14 PM

Quote:
Many thanks for the responses. I'm thinking of the Lian Li PC 7 Plus case with my E6300. Yet to decide on the mobo, but thinking of an Intel one simply because most comments suggest they are very stable. I'll choose the mobo when the Intel Dual Core processors have been out a few weeks. I'll read the threads and reviews to see which is best for me.
cheers
B14desman

stick with the 965x and 975x chipsets. if u want to use dual gfx etc. 875x if u want a good single card rig 965x is good.
!