Adding Group Permissions to Remote Server in Windows 2003 ..

jonah

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2004

I have created a single Windows 2003 Domain Controller for a new domain in a
new forest and successfully added a Windows 2003 member server to that
domain. When I logon to the member server as a domain administrator, even
though I can fully acess shares on the domain controller from the member
server that are only accessible by a domain admin, when I attempt to add
domain global groups or users to NTFS directories on the member server, the
member server cannot find these users or groups. I have tried several global
groups on the domain controller without the member server being able to find
them. My domain admin account is the owner of the directories and files on
the member server.

Is this member server pointing to the same dns server as the DC? This
sounds like a DNS issue on the client.