PQV2iSvc.exe is cluttering up my CPU

a b à CPUs
October 6, 2004 1:36:19 PM

Every now and then I find that program running, called
by SYSTEM, using up 100% of my system's resources.
What is it, why do I need it, and how do I tell it
to stop doing that? Thanks.
--
William B. Lurie
Anonymous

Processes in Windows NT/2000/XP / PQV2iSvc.exe
http://www.reger24.de/prozesse/PQV2iSvc.exe.php

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"William B. Lurie" wrote:

| Every now and then I find that program running, called
| by SYSTEM, using up 100% of my system's resources.
| What is it, why do I need it, and how do I tell it
| to stop doing that? Thanks.
| --
| William B. Lurie
October 7, 2004 12:05:57 AM

"William B. Lurie" <billurie@nospam.org> wrote in message
news:o Y9N3l6qEHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Every now and then I find that program running, called
> by SYSTEM, using up 100% of my system's resources.
> What is it, why do I need it, and how do I tell it
> to stop doing that? Thanks.
> --
> William B. Lurie

PQV2iSvc.exe is the Drive Image backup program which runs to produce backup
images and possibly your "clones".

It has been reincarnated as part of Norton Ghost in the 2005 version of
Norton System Works.

After creating a backup using Ghost 2005 I have found that PQV2iSvc does not
close. It continues to use CPU resources and cannot be closed by using the
End Task button in Windows Task Manager. Only a reboot makes it go away
until the next backup.

I am waiting a response from Symantec as to how this brand new bug can be
fixed.

Richard.
a b à CPUs
October 7, 2004 3:59:39 AM

Drive Image 7 or Ghost 9

--

Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

"William B. Lurie" <billurie@nospam.org> wrote in message
news:o Y9N3l6qEHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Every now and then I find that program running, called
> by SYSTEM, using up 100% of my system's resources.
> What is it, why do I need it, and how do I tell it
> to stop doing that? Thanks.
> --
> William B. Lurie
Anonymous