PQV2iSvc.exe is cluttering up my CPU

Every now and then I find that program running, called
by SYSTEM, using up 100% of my system's resources.
What is it, why do I need it, and how do I tell it
to stop doing that? Thanks.
--
William B. Lurie
4 answers Last reply

    Processes in Windows NT/2000/XP / PQV2iSvc.exe
    http://www.reger24.de/prozesse/PQV2iSvc.exe.php

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "William B. Lurie" <billurie@nospam.org> wrote in message
    > Every now and then I find that program running, called
    > by SYSTEM, using up 100% of my system's resources.
    > What is it, why do I need it, and how do I tell it
    > to stop doing that? Thanks.
    > --
    > William B. Lurie

    PQV2iSvc.exe is the Drive Image backup program which runs to produce backup
    images and possibly your "clones".

    It has been reincarnated as part of Norton Ghost in the 2005 version of
    Norton System Works.

    After creating a backup using Ghost 2005 I have found that PQV2iSvc does not
    close. It continues to use CPU resources and cannot be closed by using the
    End Task button in Windows Task Manager. Only a reboot makes it go away
    until the next backup.

    I am waiting a response from Symantec as to how this brand new bug can be
    fixed.

    Richard.

    Drive Image 7 or Ghost 9

    --