File access rights assignment

Hi,

Would anyone if access rights to folders / files can be assign using one of
the following methods?

- by Group Policy in Active Directory
- by using scripts or batch files

Thanks,
YMan
2 answers Last reply
More about file access rights assignment

    YMan wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Would anyone if access rights to folders / files can be assign using one of
    > the following methods?
    >
    > - by Group Policy in Active Directory
    yes - You can define security template and then import it into GPO

    > - by using scripts or batch files

    Yes, You can use cacls.exe in the batch file or script permissions

    --
    Tomasz Onyszko
    http://www.w2k.pl

    Tomasz,

    I have always liked xcacls better than cacls. But both will work. Just
    incase anyone is interested here is some information on xcacls:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/existing/xcacls-o.asp
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=318754

    And the new 'fix' for xcacls is available. Here is some information on
    that:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0ad33a24-0616-473c-b103-c35bc2820bda&DisplayLang=en
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=825751

    And, in my HTAs that I have created I tend to use SetACL. Here is some
    information on that tool:

    http://setacl.sourceforge.net/

    --
    Cary W. Shultz
    Roanoke, VA 24012

    http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
    http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

    "Tomasz Onyszko" <T.Onyszko_nospam_@w2k.pl> wrote in message
    > YMan wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Would anyone if access rights to folders / files can be assign using one
    >> of the following methods?
    >>
    >> - by Group Policy in Active Directory
    > yes - You can define security template and then import it into GPO
    >
    >> - by using scripts or batch files
    >
    > Yes, You can use cacls.exe in the batch file or script permissions
    >

    > --
    > Tomasz Onyszko
    > http://www.w2k.pl

Policy Microsoft Active Directory Windows