MB 42C/108F CASE HAS NO INTAKE ONLY EXHAUST. IS THIS WHY???

Omid

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2005
Ok i have a compaq presario

Temps are as follows at half load

CPU 60c
MB 42c
HD 1 43c
HD 2 37c

My computer has only a CPU fan and an exhaust fan

My exhaust fan runs at 1100 then steps up to 2000

Do i need an intake?

Omid

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2005
No offence asshole but when i am getting 80c full load on a pentium 4 550 i dont really fancy spending a grand on a new pc so why dont you stop trying to be smart and go fuck yourself ;)

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
No offence ******* but when i am getting 80c full load on a pentium 4 550 i dont really fancy spending a grand on a new pc so why dont you stop trying to be smart and go **** yourself ;)

..wow.....i did nothing but state facts and i get insulted...

and please...decent flame...I mean...c'mon 2 curse words and telling me to go screw my self...you can do better.

People like you are the scum of our society. You are a freakin red neck sitting next to a lame ass Compaq making thread like this one sigh.

Oh, might i add. DONT MAKE 2 THREADS ABOUT THE SAME TOPIC.

Beyond that. I request no one help this assh0le.

sluhkid720

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
i dont know what your compaq case looks like but you could probably put some bumbers onthe bottom that raise it up from the desk a little and then cut an air intake into the bottom of the case in the area where the front intake would normally be. that would keep the case looking nice to.
Another option assuming the compaq parts would fit would be to buy a new case and transfering everything to it. Agian this is assuming the parts would fit (they most likely wont)

No offence ******* but when i am getting 80c full load on a pentium 4 550 i dont really fancy spending a grand on a new pc so why dont you stop trying to be smart and go **** yourself ;)

WTF.
all he said was you can't add a fan and that you have NOTHING to worry about.
A quick google will confirm this....

On the topic HP/Compaq run computers just in specs to keep it quieter(i have yet to see one get unstable as a result). If it is not unstable i would not worry. Also the P4 will clock it self down if it feels it is too hot.

make sure it is all clean in there and as long as it is stable don't worry.

Omid

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2005
Thanks it is a standard compaq presario case as used on all current models. Micro atx with a silver power button in the model . It is an SR Series. I think the hot air build up is just way too much in there. Is there any way of attaching one to the holey metal inside with cable ties?

sluhkid720

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
i dont know if cable ties would work but maybe you could superglue a fan in there(no guarantees on that). I wouldnt recommand putting a fan in that way though but since you have holes in the front of the case maybe your exhaust fan just isnt good enough. Buy a better fan for the exhaust to replace the compaq case fan(ask around the forum for a good fan). try it out if your temps are better than your problems solved. If not you could superglue that compaq fan to work as an air intake(if thats even the problem). You shouldnt need an intake fan if your exhaust fan is strong enough. I have a system with the following specs(homebuilt though):
P4 3.2 ghz northwood(much cooler than prescoot) stock intel cooler 35 idle/ 43 load
2 hard drives
1 optical drive
geforce fx 5950
sound blaster audigy
two 80mm rear exhaust fans(antec one speed fans) plus the fan on my psu

I have no intake fan and in a case full of holes you shouldnt either

If these fixes dont lower your temps dont worry about it. its prebuilt and has a warranty dont do anything stupid that would ruin a stable pc and viod the warranty

Omid

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2005
metal chassis is full of small 2.5ish mm diameter holes but when the case facia goes over it leaves only slits at the bottom away from the holes

-
-
-
-
]
]
]

Its like that the colon things are just blocking plastic dashes are holes dots are slits lol

DaveUK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
I can think of at least three ways to improve the airflow/temps in your case... wait make that four.

But I'm not going to tell you.

After your flame on Pengwin (although distinctly lacking in wit) I think your time would be better spent in anger management classes than on this forum. The guy knows what hes talking about, just because it wasn't what you wanted to hear doesn't make him wrong.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
I can think of at least three ways to improve the airflow/temps in your case... wait make that four.

After your flame on Pengwin (although distinctly lacking in wit) I think your time would be better spent in anger management classes than on this forum.

lol. ty.

Omid

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2005

After your flame on Pengwin (although distinctly lacking in wit) I think your time would be better spent in anger management classes than on this forum. The guy knows what hes talking about, just because it wasn't what you wanted to hear doesn't make him wrong.

Sorry for offending your fellow love bird. What is it? Assholes must be buy one get one free today.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006

Sorry for offending your fellow love bird. What is it? Assholes must be buy one get one free today.

ZOMG!!! It was witty!!!

First. I do complement you on your knowledge of birds as a Penguin is a bird.

Second..what happened to cursing? You're a red neck, curse, its what you do.

Lasty. Aww....i hope ur CPU burns and dies so you have to buy a new one. :lol:

have fun cooling that..woo 80 degrees celsuis, 176 degrees Fahrenheit...mmmm...toasty

Omid

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2005
Ok first of all i aint a redneck but hey call me that if you wanna!

Second of all i have the exact same rig next to me in another machine

3rd of all i have the same rig boxed up therefore having 2 back up systems

I have 2 other of these cpu ;)

So hey i hope it burns too!

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
I do want to factor this is..

Since I am flaming a some what imcompetent, (EDIT: he denyed being a red neck...danm), baboon. take a look at this.

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/Socket-775-Heatsink-ftopict187043.html

his post. Posts number 20 and beyond. If anyone under stood that please. Do tell. I cant figure it out.

Omid: How come ur ambients are so low? mine is 42 c??

Person1: I presume you mean your idle temps are 42C.

Anyway, I don't think you need that big a case to run a Ninja. It fits into all the cases I have here (from cheapo no-name to Lian-Li)

Omid: yea but i dont mean the cpu i mean the northbridge

my cpu is idle 66 load 70

...exactly..so if anyone actually understands "red neck" let me know.

Thanks in advance.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
Ok first of all i aint a redneck but hey call me that if you wanna!

Second of all i have the exact same rig next to me in another machine

3rd of all i have the same rig boxed up therefore having 2 back up systems

I have 2 other of these cpu ;)

So hey i hope it burns too!

Then why are you posting if you have SOOOOO many computers?? *cough*liar*cough*

also i just noticed...

MB 42C/108F CASE HAS NO INTAKE ONLY EXHAUST. IS THIS WHY

thats the name of the topic...how does that make sense?..especially the "is this why" part..

Omid

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2005
No ur actually arguing with a 16 year old and hey you go ahead and waste ur time with that mr.clever. im the incompetent baboon. youre the intellect here

Nice speakin 2 ya!

Omid

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2005
Clearly you have issues identifying grammar such as question marks as you missed out all 3.

Youre right im lying. Im out to impress all you sexy 16 year old ladies with the fact that i have 5 Pentium 4 550s in my house that are worth about 100pounds each!

Lets face it when you got 1000USD these days youve just made it!. Girls are going to be chucking themselves at you!

Omid

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2005
Ok this is my last post.

I just want to take this oppurtunity to inform you sir that i am here to discuss computer related issues not take english lessons or practice my grammar or spelling.

Thank you for your concern regarding this matter

I wish you all the best for the future

Regards

Omid

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2005
Ok this is my last post.

I just want to take this opportunity to inform you sir that I am here to discuss computer related issues not take english lessons or practice my grammar or spelling.

Regards

Spot the difference ;)

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
Clearly you have issues identifying grammar such as question marks as you missed out all 3.

I did?

Youre right im lying. Im out to impress all you sexy 16 year old ladies with the fact that i have 5 Pentium 4 550s in my house that are worth about 100pounds each!

Actually tomorrow those P4 550's value will decrease. Going from ~$290 to ~$150, both USD. Enjoy your Prescotts.

Lets face it when you got 1000USD these days youve just made it!. Girls are going to be chucking themselves at you!

Yup. Up until the point that 1000USD runs out.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
Ok this is my last post.

I just want to take this opportunity to inform you sir that I am here to discuss computer related issues not take english lessons or practice my grammar or spelling.

Regards

Spot the difference ;)

Yup. I still got it. I have yet to loose one of these. I must say, "die_noobs" did put up the best fight so far.