Jody

Hi,
I have installed 2 new Windows 2003 SP1 DC's into an existing Windows 2000
SP4 AD forest which had only one server running in Windows 2000 mixed mode.I
ran ADPrep and installed the new DC's without any errors.
The problem is that on the 2 new 2003 servers there is no netlogon share
available and replication is not functioning correctly.
I raised the domain function level to Windows 2000 native and has made no
difference.

I first noticed the issue when I tried to move the Operation Master roles to
the new servers but were not able to as the only option in the list to move
the services to were the existing Win2k DC.

I then looked in AD sites and services and no replication links had been put
in place apart from the ones from the original server. I placed the new ones
in mnaully for the new servers. Still no joy.

In the event logs on the new servers Event 13508 and 13565 keep appearing
which tell me that replication is failing.
But I am intrigued as to why there are no netlogon shares on new DC's.

Has anyone ever had a similar problem as this is really frustrating as I
need to be rid of the old 2k server ASAP.

many thanks

Jody,

Please take a look at the following MSKB Article:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=257338

I realize that this article is for WIN2000 but it might just help you!

Also, for the event ids that you are getting please take a look at the
following links:

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=13508&eventno=349&source=NtFrs&phase=1

Specifically, take a look at the top where it mentions the incorrectly
configured Firewall on the WIN2003 SP1 Domain Controller.

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=13565&eventno=1980&source=NtFrs&phase=1

HTH,

--
Cary W. Shultz