Weird thing happened after leveling up...

My Strength is maxed out at 100. I have some enchanted rings, amulets,
etc., that have brought my Strength up to 150. I went to sleep to level up
(this was a few hours ago - realtime, not game hours). I just noticed that
my Strength value is colored red, which usually means that an attribute has
been damaged. I took off all my enchantments, which brought Strength down
to 100, as expected, but the number was still red. I have a spell that
restores all my attributes by 10, and I cast it. My Strength went up to
110, but stayed red. After 5 casts of the spell, my Strength was 150 and
finally returned to white/undamaged. I put my enchantments back on and my
Strength was now 200! Somehow, when I leveled up, the game became convinced
that my base strength was actually equal to my base strength + strength
fortifications.
I took off my enchantments, did a "player->modstrength -50" command in
the console to bring my strength back to 100, put my enchantments back on,
and everything seemed back to normal. Anyone had something similar happen?
I have leveled up many times prior to this while wearing enchantments that
brought Strength over 100, and nothing like this ever happened.

--
Rick Cavalla
rac22@NO.erols.SPAM.com

"Rick Cavalla" <rac22@erols.com> wrote:

>My Strength is maxed out at 100. I have some enchanted rings, amulets,
>etc., that have brought my Strength up to 150. I went to sleep to level up
>(this was a few hours ago - realtime, not game hours). I just noticed that
>my Strength value is colored red, which usually means that an attribute has
>been damaged. I took off all my enchantments, which brought Strength down
>to 100, as expected, but the number was still red. I have a spell that
>restores all my attributes by 10, and I cast it. My Strength went up to
>110, but stayed red. After 5 casts of the spell, my Strength was 150 and
>finally returned to white/undamaged. I put my enchantments back on and my
>Strength was now 200! Somehow, when I leveled up, the game became convinced
>that my base strength was actually equal to my base strength + strength
>fortifications.
> I took off my enchantments, did a "player->modstrength -50" command in
>the console to bring my strength back to 100, put my enchantments back on,
>and everything seemed back to normal. Anyone had something similar happen?
>I have leveled up many times prior to this while wearing enchantments that
>brought Strength over 100, and nothing like this ever happened.

Yep. On one of my first characters, the game freaked and did it's
"I'm going to crash but I'm autosaving" thing while I was leaving
the level up screen. When I reloaded, my agility was 102, without
the benefit of any echantment.