HOW to remove ACTIVE Directory in Windows 2003

HI to all newsgroup users.

This is Anuj from India, I am new in this zone.

I am having some problem while removing active directory( in my windows2003
server). When I try to remove it through DCPROMO it gives me error.

Can anyone help me?

Waiting for any quick response.

Regards,
Anuj
3 answers Last reply
More about remove active directory windows 2003

    Anuj K Srivastava wrote:
    > HI to all newsgroup users.
    >
    > This is Anuj from India, I am new in this zone.
    >
    > I am having some problem while removing active directory( in my windows2003
    > server). When I try to remove it through DCPROMO it gives me error.
    >
    > Can anyone help me?

    What error ?

    --
    Tomasz Onyszko
    http://www.w2k.pl

    Hi Anuj,

    I have had similar problem before and, if I remember well, I tried
    restarting the server and ensured that it wasnt being accessed by the other
    controllers in the forest.

    Then I used the dcpromo /forceremoval
    which gracefully demoted the server afterwards.

    You should try and use the /forceremoval

    You could also check the internet link below:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;332199&sd=tech

    Hope this is helpful.

    Chukwuemeka David Emele

    Thanks Chukwuemeka David Emele

    I have successfully removed Active Directory, thanks for your help..

    It was really quick and helpful.

    "Chukwuemeka David Emele" <emekaOMOLOPE@nomail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Anuj,
    >
    > I have had similar problem before and, if I remember well, I tried
    > restarting the server and ensured that it wasnt being accessed by the
    other
    > controllers in the forest.
    >
    > Then I used the dcpromo /forceremoval
    > which gracefully demoted the server afterwards.
    >
    > You should try and use the /forceremoval
    >
    > You could also check the internet link below:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;332199&sd=tech
    >
    > Hope this is helpful.
    >
    > Chukwuemeka David Emele

Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Windows