HOW to remove ACTIVE Directory in Windows 2003

HI to all newsgroup users.

This is Anuj from India, I am new in this zone.

I am having some problem while removing active directory( in my windows2003
server). When I try to remove it through DCPROMO it gives me error.

Can anyone help me?

Waiting for any quick response.

Regards,
Anuj

Anuj K Srivastava wrote:
> HI to all newsgroup users.
>
> This is Anuj from India, I am new in this zone.
>
> I am having some problem while removing active directory( in my windows2003
> server). When I try to remove it through DCPROMO it gives me error.
>
> Can anyone help me?

What error ?

--
Tomasz Onyszko
http://www.w2k.pl

Hi Anuj,

I have had similar problem before and, if I remember well, I tried
restarting the server and ensured that it wasnt being accessed by the other
controllers in the forest.

Then I used the dcpromo /forceremoval
which gracefully demoted the server afterwards.

You should try and use the /forceremoval

You could also check the internet link below:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;332199&sd=tech

Hope this is helpful.

Chukwuemeka David Emele

Thanks Chukwuemeka David Emele

I have successfully removed Active Directory, thanks for your help..

It was really quick and helpful.