Windows 2003 server DC directory Binding error

Hi,

i have a DC that i installed and placed on another location.
so, i just changed ip address and the name.
i think the problem started when i changed the name.
it replaces a previous server so i deleted the previous server in the domain
and i gave this server its name.
everything works fine, file replication is ok but i get errors 1030 and 1097
in event vieuwer but i can't find anything in windows knowledge base about my
problem.
KB is talking about a starting up server with this errors but my server
gives this errors even if it is started for hours.
there are also users connected to that server and they use it as fileserver
without problems.

this is also an error when i perfom dcdiag:

C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386>dcdiag

Domain Controller Diagnosis

Performing initial setup:
[SERVER20] Directory Binding Error -2146892976:
The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please
ensure
that you can contact the server that authenticated you.
This may limit some of the tests that can be performed.
Done gathering initial info.

Doing initial required tests

Testing server: Default-First-Site-Name\SERVER20
Starting test: Connectivity
[SERVER20] DsBindWithSpnEx() failed with error -2146892976,
The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security.
Please
ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you..
......................... SERVER20 failed test Connectivity

i only have this error on 2 servers and it started when i changed the name.
any ideas ?

thnx,

Verus.

Verus,

I am not sure why you changed the name. There was *probably* no reason to
do this......

I see in the dcdiag results that there is an SPN problem. Let's see all of
the dcdiag results....

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24012

http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

"Verus" <Verus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> i have a DC that i installed and placed on another location.
> so, i just changed ip address and the name.
> i think the problem started when i changed the name.
> it replaces a previous server so i deleted the previous server in the
> domain
> and i gave this server its name.
> everything works fine, file replication is ok but i get errors 1030 and
> 1097
> in event vieuwer but i can't find anything in windows knowledge base about
> my
> problem.
> KB is talking about a starting up server with this errors but my server
> gives this errors even if it is started for hours.
> there are also users connected to that server and they use it as
> fileserver
> without problems.
>
> this is also an error when i perfom dcdiag:
>
> C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386>dcdiag
>
> Domain Controller Diagnosis
>
> Performing initial setup:
> [SERVER20] Directory Binding Error -2146892976:
> The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please
> ensure
> that you can contact the server that authenticated you.
> This may limit some of the tests that can be performed.
> Done gathering initial info.
>
> Doing initial required tests
>
> Testing server: Default-First-Site-Name\SERVER20
> Starting test: Connectivity
> [SERVER20] DsBindWithSpnEx() failed with error -2146892976,
> The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security.
> Please
> ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you..
> ......................... SERVER20 failed test Connectivity
>

> i only have this error on 2 servers and it started when i changed the
> name.
> any ideas ?
>
> thnx,
>
> Verus.

Hi,

can you help me with this ? what kind of info do you need from dcdiag ?
can you let me know ?

thnx,
Verus