Domain users can not change there password

Hiya all,

Windows2003 domain; XP/Windows2000 clients

Domain Users are not able to change there password anymore when there
password is expired. They get the error,
"Your password must be at leat 8 characters long etc.etc.
Its the same message when your password doesnt meet the password
requirements. We have tested this with many users and we are sure we
type the old and new password correctly.
We also remove the policy (from Domain Policy) but then the same error
occurs.

Domain admins are able to change there password
If I enable "user must change password at next logon" in AD U&C, then
the users are able to change there password
If a user do alt-ctrl-del then they are NOT able to change there
password
3 answers Last reply
More about domain users change password

    Make sure you have a domain policy that specifies the password length
    required and that you don't have password complexity enabled.

    The following will show you both.

    http://www.my-sanity.com/windows_2003_server.htm

    "ROnald" <r.balk@intrum.com> wrote in message
    > Hiya all,
    >
    > Windows2003 domain; XP/Windows2000 clients
    >
    > Domain Users are not able to change there password anymore when there
    > password is expired. They get the error,
    > "Your password must be at leat 8 characters long etc.etc.
    > Its the same message when your password doesnt meet the password
    > requirements. We have tested this with many users and we are sure we
    > type the old and new password correctly.
    > We also remove the policy (from Domain Policy) but then the same error
    > occurs.
    >
    > Domain admins are able to change there password
    > If I enable "user must change password at next logon" in AD U&C, then
    > the users are able to change there password
    > If a user do alt-ctrl-del then they are NOT able to change there
    > password

    Hi Paul,

    We disabled password complexity already...I even removed all password
    related policy settings. Even then the same error appears. On all our
    users.

    Ronald

    ROnald <r.balk@intrum.com> wrote:
    > Hi Paul,
    >
    > We disabled password complexity already...I even removed all password
    > related policy settings. Even then the same error appears. On all our
    > users.
    >
    > Ronald

    Did you actually disable the policy, or did you change it to not defined?
    You must disable the policy first.
    Check the local policy to see how it is configured.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

Domain Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Windows