Which first?

I am starting up morrowing agina (YEA!) but this time with all the
add-ons and such, just curious, are the major expansions, (bloodmoon
and tribunal) can they be readily played though with a starting
charicter, or should i play though the orignal part a bit before
heading out!

And PS, this by far seems to be the most balanced, good group on
usenet, you guys are up there with the nethack newsgroups....

Zach Edwardson wrote:

> I am starting up morrowing agina (YEA!) but this time with all the
> add-ons and such, just curious, are the major expansions, (bloodmoon
> and tribunal) can they be readily played though with a starting
> charicter, or should i play though the orignal part a bit before
> heading out!

Well, the natural way would be Morrowind main quest - Tribunal -
Bloodmoon. But you don't really need to play it in that order. The
difficulty is increasing, you won't survive Tribunal or Bloodmoon with a
level 5 character very long. Though it's quite possible to get your
character strong without touching the Morrowind main quest at all, and
then instantly venturing to Solstheim. As Morrowind is so open-ended,
the order of quests is basically irrelvant. That's one of the nice
aspects of that game in my opinion.

Though, as I only played through Tribunal once (unbelievable, but I
didn't find Tribunal so great), at the end of the storyline there are
pointers to being the Nerevarine. I am unsure how that develops if you
are not (yet). But this is at the very end of the Tribunal story, so
nothing stops you from starting it before finishing the Morrowind main
quest.

If you played the whole thing already, go and get some mods to see
something new.

The Illuminated Order is awesome:
http://www.hiredgoons.net/MWFiles/

More good stuff here:
http://www.thelys.org/

Cheers,
Peter

PS: Nethack... Fond memories. But never got any good at it. :)

> If you played the whole thing already, go and get some mods to see
> something new.
I love this game, but i never even started the main quest, too much
fun poking around other places, though i think i will go though a
house quest this time. Lots of playing time ahead of me :D

Checked out the mods, and now i have all the new bodies and faces,
which just adds to the factors letting you become addicted as well.
Thanks for the tip, off to morrowind ;)

> The Illuminated Order is awesome:
> http://www.hiredgoons.net/MWFiles/
>
> More good stuff here:
> http://www.thelys.org/
>

> Cheers,
> Peter
>
> PS: Nethack... Fond memories. But never got any good at it. :)
I have left a lot of bones files over the years myself