Best Photo papers for printers

Is there a website listing the papers to use, and the ones to avoid,
with different inkjet printers?

Been using Jessops Photo Glossy with my Epson R800 and am very pleased
with results. Ran out when printing off loads of holiday snaps and put
some Kodak paper in. Got it on a buy one get one deal.

After just a few prints started to suffer from the classic Epson
serrated roller tram tracks. Bought some more Jessops and all OK.

Now the Jessops paper is resin coated, which may help?

What papers would be OK on the R800?

Richard
More about best photo papers printers

    Hi Richard,
    I assume you're in the UK if you use Jessops.
    Don't know about Epson printers as I am a Canon man myself.
    I use Fotojet Professional. from www.choicestationery.co.uk; (don't
    use the Fotojet website shop, it's much too expensive!!)
    Personally I prefer the heavyweight Satin, but they also do a glossy
    if that's what you want.

    Try FujiFilm Multijet Glossy, I've been using it on an Epson R200 with a
    continuous ink system, and I find it great especially at the great price
    from 7dayshop.com.
    It is just as good on my HP1220c.
    The only complaint I have with it is you can't print on the back, it won't
    take any form of printing unlike Epson and HP papers.

    David

    "Richard Taylor" <Richard_Taylor01@spamtrapyahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Is there a website listing the papers to use, and the ones to avoid, with
    > different inkjet printers?
    >
    > Been using Jessops Photo Glossy with my Epson R800 and am very pleased
    > with results. Ran out when printing off loads of holiday snaps and put
    > some Kodak paper in. Got it on a buy one get one deal.
    >
    > After just a few prints started to suffer from the classic Epson serrated
    > roller tram tracks. Bought some more Jessops and all OK.
    >
    > Now the Jessops paper is resin coated, which may help?
    >
    > What papers would be OK on the R800?
    >
    > Richard

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:18:57 +0100, Richard Taylor
    <Richard_Taylor01@spamtrapyahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    >Is there a website listing the papers to use, and the ones to avoid,
    >with different inkjet printers?
    >
    >Been using Jessops Photo Glossy with my Epson R800 and am very pleased
    >with results. Ran out when printing off loads of holiday snaps and put
    >some Kodak paper in. Got it on a buy one get one deal.
    >
    >After just a few prints started to suffer from the classic Epson
    >serrated roller tram tracks. Bought some more Jessops and all OK.
    >
    >Now the Jessops paper is resin coated, which may help?
    >
    >What papers would be OK on the R800?

    Just about anything. If you want a good selection online at good
    prices try:

    http://www.on-linepaper.co.uk/

    They have some papers at MX2 as well (you might like to try the
    Somerset papers):

    http://www.mx2.co.uk/

    As for names well, Hahnemuhle, Somerset, Permajet, Olmec, Ilford,
    Epson... I could go on but I'd have to make it a pdf. ;-)

    --

    Hecate - The Real One
    Hecate@newsguy.com

    > I use Fotojet Professional. from www.choicestationery.co.uk; (don't
    > use the Fotojet website shop, it's much too expensive!!)
    > Personally I prefer the heavyweight Satin, but they also do a glossy

    I second this. Fotojet (made by Folex) gives great results and is now my
    paper of choice.
    I also use Choicestationary for my supply. They also sell 6x4 boxes of 100.
    Although not stated on their site this is Folex Fotojet pro glossy - at
    least that's what I receive when I order it.

    --
    Patrick

    Hecate wrote:
    > On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:18:57 +0100, Richard Taylor
    > <Richard_Taylor01@spamtrapyahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    >

    >>Is there a website listing the papers to use, and the ones to avoid,
    >>with different inkjet printers?
    >>
    >>Been using Jessops Photo Glossy with my Epson R800 and am very pleased
    >>with results. Ran out when printing off loads of holiday snaps and put
    >>some Kodak paper in. Got it on a buy one get one deal.
    >>
    >>After just a few prints started to suffer from the classic Epson
    >>serrated roller tram tracks. Bought some more Jessops and all OK.
    >>
    >>Now the Jessops paper is resin coated, which may help?
    >>
    >>What papers would be OK on the R800?
    >>

    > Just about anything. If you want a good selection online at good
    > prices try:
    >
    > http://www.on-linepaper.co.uk/
    >
    > They have some papers at MX2 as well (you might like to try the
    > Somerset papers):
    >
    > http://www.mx2.co.uk/
    >
    > As for names well, Hahnemuhle, Somerset, Permajet, Olmec, Ilford,
    > Epson... I could go on but I'd have to make it a pdf. ;-)
    >
    > --
    >
    > Hecate - The Real One
    > Hecate@newsguy.com
    > Fashion: Buying things you don't need, with money
    > you don't have, to impress people you don't like...

    Thanks all!

    Choice have a save the VAT offer this week, so I'll get some of their
    paper as well as cartridges. At least I'll have saved some money.

    I'll also try the Fuji.

    I've a feeling the epson printers need the resin coating.

    For those not aware, epson STILL use a roller with metal serrated wheels
    to precision place the paper. These wheels can dig into the paper
    surface and the ink then fails to fill the holes leaving "tram lines".

    Regards,
    Richard

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 10:46:21 +0100, Dickie mint
    <richard_taylorspam01@trapyahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    >Thanks all!
    >
    >Choice have a save the VAT offer this week, so I'll get some of their
    >paper as well as cartridges. At least I'll have saved some money.
    >
    >I'll also try the Fuji.
    >
    >I've a feeling the epson printers need the resin coating.
    >
    >For those not aware, epson STILL use a roller with metal serrated wheels
    >to precision place the paper. These wheels can dig into the paper
    >surface and the ink then fails to fill the holes leaving "tram lines".
    >
    >Regards,
    >Richard

    Yes. Look up "Pizza wheels" on Google for various methods to solve the
    problem. The easy way is a little gadget [produced by Permajet
    (www.permajet.com).

    --

    Hecate - The Real One
    Hecate@newsguy.com

    Dickie mint wrote:

    > I've a feeling the epson printers need the resin coating.
    >
    > For those not aware, epson STILL use a roller with metal serrated wheels
    > to precision place the paper. These wheels can dig into the paper
    > surface and the ink then fails to fill the holes leaving "tram lines".
    >
    > Regards,
    > Richard

    There is a row of serrated metal wheels that holds the paper down a few
    centimeters after it exits where the print heads run across. I think
    the tram lines happen after printing - not before. I have read
    somewhere that selecting RPM mode, but deselecting bi-directional
    printing slows the print down, allowing additional time between the
    print hitting the paper, and the fresh ink hitting the rollers.
    Ambient temperature, humidity, and absorbtion rate of the paper etc will
    influence the severity of this. It doesn't seem to be a problem with
    epson papers.

    I don't know of a specific list, and the problem is that Jessops, as an
    example doesn't make the paper they sell, so they might change their
    supplier at any time, and change the formulation.

    You may be able to get an educated list of suggestions of 3rd party
    papers that work well with your printer by directing the question to one
    of the several Epson specific Yahoo groups, simply because they will
    have more members using your printer.

    Art

    Richard Taylor wrote:

    > Is there a website listing the papers to use, and the ones to avoid,
    > with different inkjet printers?
    >
    > Been using Jessops Photo Glossy with my Epson R800 and am very pleased
    > with results. Ran out when printing off loads of holiday snaps and put
    > some Kodak paper in. Got it on a buy one get one deal.
    >
    > After just a few prints started to suffer from the classic Epson
    > serrated roller tram tracks. Bought some more Jessops and all OK.
    >
    > Now the Jessops paper is resin coated, which may help?
    >
    > What papers would be OK on the R800?
    >
    > Richard

    In Canada, Fuji markets (or at least did a few months back) two separate
    papers, one is designated for HP printers, the other for Epson, Canon
    and I believe, Lexmark.

    Art

    Arthur Entlich wrote:

    > I don't know of a specific list, and the problem is that Jessops, as
    > an example doesn't make the paper they sell, so they might change
    > their supplier at any time, and change the formulation.

    This is true of all 3rd party ink vendors also.

    Hecate wrote:

    > Yes. Look up "Pizza wheels" on Google for various methods to solve the
    > problem. The easy way is a little gadget [produced by Permajet
    > (www.permajet.com).

    Hmm £25 for a bit of metal plate, I think I'd rather spend the money on
    paper that does work OK!

    Thanks for that info though!

    Regards,

    Richard

    Arthur Entlich wrote:
    > I don't know of a specific list, and the problem is that Jessops, as an
    > example doesn't make the paper they sell, so they might change their
    > supplier at any time, and change the formulation.
    >
    > You may be able to get an educated list of suggestions of 3rd party
    > papers that work well with your printer by directing the question to one
    > of the several Epson specific Yahoo groups, simply because they will
    > have more members using your printer.
    >
    > Art

    Ta!

    I did some research on Google, and remember the roller problem from a
    few years back. Disappointing that Epson have done nothing to cure it.

    I will now email Jessops to check on how they specify their paper and
    look for specific Epson groups.

    Regards,
    Richard

    measekite wrote:

    > Arthur Entlich wrote:
    >
    >> I don't know of a specific list, and the problem is that Jessops, as
    >> an example doesn't make the paper they sell, so they might change
    >> their supplier at any time, and change the formulation.
    >

    > This is true of all 3rd party ink vendors also.

    Thanks for the info.

    Bearing that in mind I only buy Epson Ink for the R800.

    The older 880 seems OK on ink from Choice Stationery!

    Regards,
    Richard

    Richard Taylor wrote:

    > measekite wrote:
    >

    >> Arthur Entlich wrote:
    >>
    >>> I don't know of a specific list, and the problem is that Jessops, as
    >>> an example doesn't make the paper they sell, so they might change
    >>> their supplier at any time, and change the formulation.
    >>

    >> This is true of all 3rd party ink vendors also.
    >>

    > Thanks for the info.
    >
    > Bearing that in mind I only buy Epson Ink for the R800.

    I have seen a professional print from the R800 done on Epson Premium
    Glossy Paper. It look nice. Still, most people claim that dye base
    prints are more vibrant and provide more snap. For portraits that might
    no make a big difference.

    Have you tried Cost/Kirkland paper with OEM R800 or other non Epson
    papers? If so how do the results compare. It would get very expensive
    to use Epson pigmented inks and then have to use Epson papers to get the
    best results. And spending what the R800/1800 costs you would want to
    get the very best you can or why buy it.

    Also the Epson Premium Glossy seems heavier than non Epson Glossy.
    Could this be because of the extra weight of pigmented inks and the
    gloss optimizer?

    measekite wrote:

    > I have seen a professional print from the R800 done on Epson Premium
    > Glossy Paper. It look nice. Still, most people claim that dye base
    > prints are more vibrant and provide more snap. For portraits that might
    > no make a big difference.
    >
    > Have you tried Cost/Kirkland paper with OEM R800 or other non Epson
    > papers? If so how do the results compare. It would get very expensive
    > to use Epson pigmented inks and then have to use Epson papers to get the
    > best results. And spending what the R800/1800 costs you would want to
    > get the very best you can or why buy it.
    >
    > Also the Epson Premium Glossy seems heavier than non Epson Glossy.
    > Could this be because of the extra weight of pigmented inks and the
    > gloss optimizer?

    (Here in the UK) Jessops paper was rated No.1 in a magazine review last
    year. As Discount retailers they often have Buy one, get one free
    offers, which they did late last year. I bought 1 box of 50, getting
    another free. Thought 100 sheets was enough for ages. Until now! with
    300 photos to print from a jaunt around the world. Otherwise I'd be
    blissfully unaware of any problem. Hence the post!

    I don't want to go to the expense of running trials myself, and I'm not
    in the proper set up to comment expertly.

    I was hoping to gleam the collective experience of newsgroup folk.

    The thread replies here have been useful though, thanks to all.

    On Sun, 22 May 2005 19:01:07 +0100, Richard Taylor
    <Richard_Taylor01@spamtrapyahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    >Hecate wrote:
    >>

    >> Yes. Look up "Pizza wheels" on Google for various methods to solve the
    >> problem. The easy way is a little gadget [produced by Permajet
    >> (www.permajet.com).
    >

    >Hmm £25 for a bit of metal plate, I think I'd rather spend the money on
    >paper that does work OK!
    >
    >Thanks for that info though!

    You miss the point - it's not the paper it's the printer.

    --

    Hecate - The Real One
    Hecate@newsguy.com

    On Sun, 22 May 2005 20:25:43 +0100, Richard Taylor
    <Richard_Taylor01@spamtrapyahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    >measekite wrote:
    >

    >> I have seen a professional print from the R800 done on Epson Premium
    >> Glossy Paper. It look nice. Still, most people claim that dye base
    >> prints are more vibrant and provide more snap. For portraits that might
    >> no make a big difference.
    >>
    >> Have you tried Cost/Kirkland paper with OEM R800 or other non Epson
    >> papers? If so how do the results compare. It would get very expensive
    >> to use Epson pigmented inks and then have to use Epson papers to get the
    >> best results. And spending what the R800/1800 costs you would want to
    >> get the very best you can or why buy it.
    >>
    >> Also the Epson Premium Glossy seems heavier than non Epson Glossy.
    >> Could this be because of the extra weight of pigmented inks and the
    >> gloss optimizer?
    >

    >(Here in the UK) Jessops paper was rated No.1 in a magazine review last
    >year.

    Too thin. Not particularly good coating. YMMV.

    --

    Hecate - The Real One
    Hecate@newsguy.com

    Look up the pizza wheel issue on MIS ink web site. Last year I read of a
    correction for one of the Epson printers that cost just a few cents. Small
    stainless washers that raised the Pizza wheel assembly slightly.

    Burt wrote:

    >Look up the pizza wheel issue on MIS ink web site. Last year I read of a
    >correction for one of the Epson printers that cost just a few cents. Small
    >stainless washers that raised the Pizza wheel assembly slightly.

    I heard it mentioned ( do not know if it was accurate ) that the cure
    for the pizza wheel problem is Epson ink on Epson paper. That is a
    costly cure. Not so much the ink but not being able to select other
    papers. Epson papers are quite good.

    measekite wrote:

    > Also the Epson Premium Glossy seems heavier than non Epson Glossy.
    > Could this be because of the extra weight of pigmented inks and the
    > gloss optimizer?

    I would think not! The total weight of the ink and optimiser on a sheet
    would be best measured in milligrams per m2 after the ink has dried.

    Richard Taylor wrote:

    > Arthur Entlich wrote:
    >
    >> I don't know of a specific list, and the problem is that Jessops, as
    >> an example doesn't make the paper they sell, so they might change
    >> their supplier at any time, and change the formulation.
    >>
    >> You may be able to get an educated list of suggestions of 3rd party
    >> papers that work well with your printer by directing the question to
    >> one of the several Epson specific Yahoo groups, simply because they
    >> will have more members using your printer.
    >>
    >> Art
    >

    > Ta!
    >
    > I did some research on Google, and remember the roller problem from a
    > few years back. Disappointing that Epson have done nothing to cure it.
    >
    > I will now email Jessops to check on how they specify their paper and
    > look for specific Epson groups.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Richard

    If you want to save a few bucks on paper (but remember that even with
    OEM Epsom Paper at normal retail price, the paper cost is less than half
    of the ink cost), then Lyson Pro Colour Photo Gloss seems okay on an
    R1800. I have had no problems with it.

    It isn't necessarily disappointing that Epson haven't "done anything to
    cure it".
    Read you manual, and please direct me to anything that Epson, or any
    other consumer inkjet manufacturers say that fully endorse use of their
    printers with third party papers. You have just found out that the
    reason for this isn't all cynical profiteering.
    Epson's ink technology is quite different from most others - for very
    specific reasons. I have no doubt that they are aware of the "problem",
    and their "decision" "not to cure it" is based on sound technical reasoning.

    If you want to persist in using unsuitable papers, then have you tried
    the suggestion to disable bi-directional printing to slow the speed down?

    Frederick wrote:

    > Richard Taylor wrote:
    >
    >> Arthur Entlich wrote:
    >>
    >>> I don't know of a specific list, and the problem is that Jessops, as
    >>> an example doesn't make the paper they sell, so they might change
    >>> their supplier at any time, and change the formulation.

    Just like a 3rd party ink vendor. Same philosophy.

    measekite wrote:

    > Arthur Entlich wrote:
    >
    >> I don't know of a specific list, and the problem is that Jessops, as
    >> an example doesn't make the paper they sell, so they might change
    >> their supplier at any time, and change the formulation.
    >

    > This is true of all 3rd party ink vendors also.

    I think we've been through this at least half a dozen times. You know
    the expression "flogging a dead horse..."

    I just recently was informed by someone who spoke to Formula in
    California about who they supply ink to. Apparently, they are the major
    supplier for dye colorant ink to the 3rd party filled cartridge
    manufacturers, most of which come from Asia (China).

    So, chances are, if your buy a "made in China" cartridge, it is more
    likely to have their ink in it, than not.

    Art

    Arthur Entlich wrote:

    > measekite wrote:
    >

    >> Arthur Entlich wrote:
    >>
    >>> I don't know of a specific list, and the problem is that Jessops, as
    >>> an example doesn't make the paper they sell, so they might change
    >>> their supplier at any time, and change the formulation.
    >>

    >> This is true of all 3rd party ink vendors also.
    >>

    > I think we've been through this at least half a dozen times. You know
    > the expression "flogging a dead horse..."
    >
    > I just recently was informed by someone who spoke to Formula in
    > California about who they supply ink to. Apparently, they are the
    > major supplier for dye colorant ink to the 3rd party filled cartridge
    > manufacturers, most of which come from Asia (China).
    >
    > So, chances are, if your buy a "made in China" cartridge, it is more
    > likely to have their ink in it, than not.
    >
    > Art

    I spoke to a well known ink vendor's purhasing agent (I will not
    disclose who they are) who told me in confidence who their Chinese
    supplier is and it is not Sensinent. They went to an engineering house
    in Denver who formulated a product that they have produced and filled in
    China. They are going to consider Sensinent here.
  25. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    I didn't state that every Chinese cartridge manufacturer is using
    Sensient's Formulab inks, but many, in fact, possible most, are. I
    understand the "rainbow" cartridges coming out of China use their inks
    and having used them myself, I can say that the color rendition and
    basic qualities are quite similar to Epson OEM dye inks.

    In my case, the savings were very substantial, in fact, the filled
    cartridges cost less than buying fluid inks from most local vendors.

    Art

    From Sensient's website:

    Desktop Printing

    Sensient's Formulabs division supplies a limitless range of inks
    specially formulated for use in desktop inkjet printing applications.
    Designed for use in business, home and educational settings, our aqueous
    pigmented inks and dyes can be modified to fit custom ink delivery
    systems and other special requirements.

    Our fully-equipped laboratories allow for timely, quality ink
    development; consistent, high-quality ink performance is assured through
    our rigorous product development procedures and standards criteria.

    Formulabs Services Customer Benefits

    Exact color matching - Predictable print performance

    Reduced foam formulas - Trouble-free cartridge filling

    Tested cartridge compatibility
    and long shelf life - Quality performance over time

    Evaluation of international
    media - Proven performance on commonly
    available materials

    Dedicated desktop technical
    support team - Expedient, effective troubleshooting

    Experienced selection,
    sourcing and balancing of
    raw materials - Sharp text, minimal color bleed, and

    drying time

    measekite wrote:

    > Arthur Entlich wrote:
    >

    >> measekite wrote:

    >>> This is true of all 3rd party ink vendors also.
    >>>

    >> I think we've been through this at least half a dozen times. You know
    >> the expression "flogging a dead horse..."
    >>
    >> I just recently was informed by someone who spoke to Formula in
    >> California about who they supply ink to. Apparently, they are the
    >> major supplier for dye colorant ink to the 3rd party filled cartridge
    >> manufacturers, most of which come from Asia (China).
    >>
    >> So, chances are, if your buy a "made in China" cartridge, it is more
    >> likely to have their ink in it, than not.
    >>
    >> Art
    >

    > I spoke to a well known ink vendor's purhasing agent (I will not
    > disclose who they are) who told me in confidence who their Chinese
    > supplier is and it is not Sensinent. They went to an engineering house
    > in Denver who formulated a product that they have produced and filled in
    > China. They are going to consider Sensinent here.
  26. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Arthur Entlich wrote:

    > I didn't state that every Chinese cartridge manufacturer is using
    > Sensient's Formulab inks, but many, in fact, possible most, are. I
    > understand the "rainbow" cartridges coming out of China use their inks
    > and having used them myself, I can say that the color rendition and
    > basic qualities are quite similar to Epson OEM dye inks.

    I believe PC World says otherwise. If that were truethen why are there
    so many low grade inks out their screwing up printers?

    > In my case, the savings were very substantial, in fact, the filled
    > cartridges cost less than buying fluid inks from most local vendors.

    And who's filled carts do you buy?

    > Art
    >
    > From Sensient's website:
    >
    > Desktop Printing
    >
    > Sensient's Formulabs division supplies a limitless range of inks
    > specially formulated for use in desktop inkjet printing applications.
    > Designed for use in business, home and educational settings, our
    > aqueous pigmented inks and dyes can be modified to fit custom ink
    > delivery systems and other special requirements.
    >
    > Our fully-equipped laboratories allow for timely, quality ink
    > development; consistent, high-quality ink performance is assured
    > through our rigorous product development procedures and standards
    > criteria.
    >
    > Formulabs Services Customer Benefits
    >
    > Exact color matching - Predictable print performance
    >
    > Reduced foam formulas - Trouble-free cartridge filling
    >
    > Tested cartridge compatibility
    > and long shelf life - Quality performance over time
    >
    > Evaluation of international
    > media - Proven performance on commonly
    > available materials
    >
    > Dedicated desktop technical
    > support team - Expedient, effective troubleshooting
    >
    > Experienced selection,
    > sourcing and balancing of
    > raw materials - Sharp text, minimal color bleed, and
    > drying time
    >
    > measekite wrote:
    >

    >> Arthur Entlich wrote:

    >>> I think we've been through this at least half a dozen times. You
    >>> know the expression "flogging a dead horse..."
    >>>
    >>> I just recently was informed by someone who spoke to Formula in
    >>> California about who they supply ink to. Apparently, they are the
    >>> major supplier for dye colorant ink to the 3rd party filled
    >>> cartridge manufacturers, most of which come from Asia (China).
    >>>
    >>> So, chances are, if your buy a "made in China" cartridge, it is more
    >>> likely to have their ink in it, than not.
    >>>
    >>> Art
    >>

    >> I spoke to a well known ink vendor's purhasing agent (I will not
    >> disclose who they are) who told me in confidence who their Chinese
    >> supplier is and it is not Sensinent. They went to an engineering
    >> house in Denver who formulated a product that they have produced and
    >> filled in China. They are going to consider Sensinent here.

  27. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > Arthur Entlich wrote:
    >
    >> I didn't state that every Chinese cartridge manufacturer is using
    >> Sensient's Formulab inks, but many, in fact, possible most, are. I
    >> understand the "rainbow" cartridges coming out of China use their inks
    >> and having used them myself, I can say that the color rendition and basic
    >> qualities are quite similar to Epson OEM dye inks.
    >
    > I believe PC World says otherwise. If that were truethen why are there so
    > many low grade inks out their screwing up printers?

    Implication is that 1) most inks are low grade and 2) these inks all screw
    up printers. No proof or sources stated. No experience behind your
    statement. Only your bias and attempt to disuade new potential third party
    ink users. The way you have worded this statement/question is akin to the
    question, "so, when did you stop beating your wife." Only source I've seen
    you present is an old PC mag article, Consumer's article, and an older
    Wilhelm research project, none of which did tests on the inks mentioned by
    experienced users on this and other forums. I trust that Consumers is
    unbiased, but I can tell you of several purchases I've made based on their
    recommendations that proved to be poor choices.

    >> In my case, the savings were very substantial, in fact, the filled
    >> cartridges cost less than buying fluid inks from most local vendors.
    >

    > And who's filled carts do you buy?
    >

    >> Art
    >>
    >> From Sensient's website:
    >>
    >> Desktop Printing
    >>
    >> Sensient's Formulabs division supplies a limitless range of inks
    >> specially formulated for use in desktop inkjet printing applications.
    >> Designed for use in business, home and educational settings, our aqueous
    >> pigmented inks and dyes can be modified to fit custom ink delivery
    >> systems and other special requirements.
    >>
    >> Our fully-equipped laboratories allow for timely, quality ink
    >> development; consistent, high-quality ink performance is assured through
    >> our rigorous product development procedures and standards criteria.
    >>
    >> Formulabs Services Customer Benefits
    >>
    >> Exact color matching - Predictable print performance
    >>
    >> Reduced foam formulas - Trouble-free cartridge filling
    >>
    >> Tested cartridge compatibility
    >> and long shelf life - Quality performance over time
    >>
    >> Evaluation of international
    >> media - Proven performance on commonly
    >> available materials
    >>
    >> Dedicated desktop technical
    >> support team - Expedient, effective troubleshooting
    >>
    >> Experienced selection,
    >> sourcing and balancing of
    >> raw materials - Sharp text, minimal color bleed, and
    >> drying time
    >>
    >> measekite wrote:

    >>> I spoke to a well known ink vendor's purhasing agent (I will not
    >>> disclose who they are) who told me in confidence who their Chinese
    >>> supplier is and it is not Sensinent. They went to an engineering house
    >>> in Denver who formulated a product that they have produced and filled in
    >>> China. They are going to consider Sensinent here.

  28. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Burt wrote:

    >>Arthur Entlich wrote:
    >>

    >>>I didn't state that every Chinese cartridge manufacturer is using
    >>>Sensient's Formulab inks, but many, in fact, possible most, are. I
    >>>understand the "rainbow" cartridges coming out of China use their inks
    >>>and having used them myself, I can say that the color rendition and basic
    >>>qualities are quite similar to Epson OEM dye inks.
    >>>

    >>I believe PC World says otherwise. If that were truethen why are there so
    >>many low grade inks out their screwing up printers?
    >>

    >Implication is that 1) most inks are low grade and 2) these inks all screw
    >up printers. No proof or sources stated. No experience behind your
    >statement. Only your bias and attempt to disuade new potential third party
    >ink users.

    ATTN: NG READERS THESE ARE THE MEMBERS OF THE AFTERMARKET CLUB

    >The way you have worded this statement/question is akin to the
    >question, "so, when did you stop beating your wife." Only source I've seen
    >you present is an old PC mag article, Consumer's article, and an older
    >Wilhelm research project, none of which did tests on the inks mentioned by
    >experienced users on this and other forums. I trust that Consumers is
    >unbiased, but I can tell you of several purchases I've made based on their
    >recommendations that proved to be poor choices.
    >

    >>>In my case, the savings were very substantial, in fact, the filled
    >>>cartridges cost less than buying fluid inks from most local vendors.
    >>>

    >>And who's filled carts do you buy?
    >>

    >>>Art
    >>>
    >>>From Sensient's website:
    >>>
    >>>Desktop Printing
    >>>
    >>>Sensient's Formulabs division supplies a limitless range of inks
    >>>specially formulated for use in desktop inkjet printing applications.
    >>>Designed for use in business, home and educational settings, our aqueous
    >>>pigmented inks and dyes can be modified to fit custom ink delivery
    >>>systems and other special requirements.
    >>>
    >>>Our fully-equipped laboratories allow for timely, quality ink
    >>>development; consistent, high-quality ink performance is assured through
    >>>our rigorous product development procedures and standards criteria.
    >>>
    >>>Formulabs Services Customer Benefits
    >>>
    >>>Exact color matching - Predictable print performance
    >>>
    >>>Reduced foam formulas - Trouble-free cartridge filling
    >>>
    >>>Tested cartridge compatibility
    >>>and long shelf life - Quality performance over time
    >>>
    >>>Evaluation of international
    >>>media - Proven performance on commonly
    >>> available materials
    >>>
    >>>Dedicated desktop technical
    >>>support team - Expedient, effective troubleshooting
    >>>
    >>>Experienced selection,
    >>>sourcing and balancing of
    >>>raw materials - Sharp text, minimal color bleed, and
    >>> drying time

  29. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > Burt wrote:
    >
    >>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >>>I believe PC World says otherwise. If that were truethen why are there
    >>>so many low grade inks out their screwing up printers?
    >>>

    >>Implication is that 1) most inks are low grade and 2) these inks all screw
    >>up printers. No proof or sources stated. No experience behind your
    >>statement. Only your bias and attempt to disuade new potential third
    >>party ink users.
    >
    > ATTN: NG READERS THESE ARE THE MEMBERS OF THE AFTERMARKET CLUB

    And you are the sole member of the misinformation, libel, and foul language
    club. Anyone who wants to join the Aftermarket club is certainly welcome.
    The good news is that, not only are there no dues or initiation fees, you
    actually save a ton of money in this club.

    >>The way you have worded this statement/question is akin to the question,
    >>"so, when did you stop beating your wife." Only source I've seen you
    >>present is an old PC mag article, Consumer's article, and an older Wilhelm
    >>research project, none of which did tests on the inks mentioned by
    >>experienced users on this and other forums. I trust that Consumers is
    >>unbiased, but I can tell you of several purchases I've made based on their
    >>recommendations that proved to be poor choices.

    >>>And who's filled carts do you buy?

  30. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Burt wrote:

    >>Burt wrote:
    >>

    >>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >>>Implication is that 1) most inks are low grade and 2) these inks all screw
    >>>up printers. No proof or sources stated. No experience behind your
    >>>statement. Only your bias and attempt to disuade new potential third
    >>>party ink users.
    >>>

    >>ATTN: NG READERS THESE ARE THE MEMBERS OF THE AFTERMARKET CLUB
    >>

    >And you are the sole member of the misinformation, libel, and foul language
    >club. Anyone who wants to join the Aftermarket club is certainly welcome.
    >The good news is that, not only are there no dues or initiation fees, you
    >actually save a ton of money in this club.

    foonzah

    >>>The way you have worded this statement/question is akin to the question,
    >>>"so, when did you stop beating your wife." Only source I've seen you
    >>>present is an old PC mag article, Consumer's article, and an older Wilhelm
    >>>research project, none of which did tests on the inks mentioned by
    >>>experienced users on this and other forums. I trust that Consumers is
    >>>unbiased, but I can tell you of several purchases I've made based on their
    >>>recommendations that proved to be poor choices.

  31. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    First of all, I am not convinced "so many" 3rd party inks are "screwing
    up printers". As you have been told by at least a dozen people, both
    OEM and 3rd party inks clog printers. It's the nature of the technology.

    I have bought several "brands" of ink cartridges, but I use a lot of the
    Rainbow boxed one for dye inks. They look about an generic as they
    come, and I don't even think they have an address on them. They do
    mention having been made in China.

    Rumor is they use Formulab inks. I have found them reliable, less
    likely to cause clogs than the OEM inks, and showing good color
    equivalence. I can't attest to fade resistance, as I have not done long
    enough samples, and they would be very unscientific.

    Art

    measekite wrote:

    > Arthur Entlich wrote:
    >
    >> I didn't state that every Chinese cartridge manufacturer is using
    >> Sensient's Formulab inks, but many, in fact, possible most, are. I
    >> understand the "rainbow" cartridges coming out of China use their inks
    >> and having used them myself, I can say that the color rendition and
    >> basic qualities are quite similar to Epson OEM dye inks.
    >

    > I believe PC World says otherwise. If that were truethen why are there
    > so many low grade inks out their screwing up printers?
    >

    >> In my case, the savings were very substantial, in fact, the filled
    >> cartridges cost less than buying fluid inks from most local vendors.
    >

    > And who's filled carts do you buy?
    >

    >> Art
    >>
    >> From Sensient's website:
    >>
    >> Desktop Printing
    >>
    >> Sensient's Formulabs division supplies a limitless range of inks
    >> specially formulated for use in desktop inkjet printing applications.
    >> Designed for use in business, home and educational settings, our
    >> aqueous pigmented inks and dyes can be modified to fit custom ink
    >> delivery systems and other special requirements.
    >>
    >> Our fully-equipped laboratories allow for timely, quality ink
    >> development; consistent, high-quality ink performance is assured
    >> through our rigorous product development procedures and standards
    >> criteria.
    >>
    >> Formulabs Services Customer Benefits
    >>
    >> Exact color matching - Predictable print performance
    >>
    >> Reduced foam formulas - Trouble-free cartridge filling
    >>
    >> Tested cartridge compatibility
    >> and long shelf life - Quality performance over time
    >>
    >> Evaluation of international
    >> media - Proven performance on commonly
    >> available materials
    >>
    >> Dedicated desktop technical
    >> support team - Expedient, effective troubleshooting
    >>
    >> Experienced selection,
    >> sourcing and balancing of
    >> raw materials - Sharp text, minimal color bleed, and
    >> drying time

Printers Photo Epson Peripherals Product