CD printing program recommendation

Hi everyone
I have Epson Stylus R200 CD printer which came with associated Epson
Print CD program. The biggest problem I find with it is printing track
titles so that they fit around the CD in a regular way. I cannot get
the effect of getting track titles to follow circular inner edge of CD.
The only way I get near this is formatting each title seperately in a
text box. This is very time consuming and still looks uneven. If I
format track titles together, they come out as a block and invariably
there are one or two that "disappear" into the inner hole area. Any
recommendations? - preferably free downloads :-)
9 answers Last reply
More about printing program recommendation

    I believe that SureThing software now supports the Epson R2/300 series
    of printers and they can accomplish this and much more.

    www.surething.com

    rosenmarsh@myfastmail.com wrote:

    >Hi everyone
    >I have Epson Stylus R200 CD printer which came with associated Epson
    >Print CD program. The biggest problem I find with it is printing track
    >titles so that they fit around the CD in a regular way. I cannot get
    >the effect of getting track titles to follow circular inner edge of CD.
    > The only way I get near this is formatting each title seperately in a
    >text box. This is very time consuming and still looks uneven. If I
    >format track titles together, they come out as a block and invariably
    >there are one or two that "disappear" into the inner hole area. Any
    >recommendations? - preferably free downloads :-)

    I have the r200 and you have to do it 0ne title at a time

    measekite wrote:
    > I believe that SureThing software now supports the Epson R2/300 series
    > of printers and they can accomplish this and much more.
    >
    > www.surething.com
    >

    > rosenmarsh@myfastmail.com wrote:
    >
    >> Hi everyone
    >> I have Epson Stylus R200 CD printer which came with associated Epson
    >> Print CD program. The biggest problem I find with it is printing track
    >> titles so that they fit around the CD in a regular way. I cannot get
    >> the effect of getting track titles to follow circular inner edge of CD.
    >> The only way I get near this is formatting each title seperately in a
    >> text box. This is very time consuming and still looks uneven. If I
    >> format track titles together, they come out as a block and invariably
    >> there are one or two that "disappear" into the inner hole area. Any
    >> recommendations? - preferably free downloads :-)

    Yes that is how I do it but really time consuming and still can look
    uneven. I have seen printed CDs where tracks follow edge of CD in a
    formatted block and they look so much better.

    John H. wrote:
    > I have the r200 and you have to do it 0ne title at a time
    >
    > measekite wrote:
    > > I believe that SureThing software now supports the Epson R2/300
    series
    > > of printers and they can accomplish this and much more.
    > >
    > > www.surething.com
    > >

    > > rosenmarsh@myfastmail.com wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi everyone
    > >> I have Epson Stylus R200 CD printer which came with associated
    Epson
    > >> Print CD program. The biggest problem I find with it is printing
    track
    > >> titles so that they fit around the CD in a regular way. I cannot
    get
    > >> the effect of getting track titles to follow circular inner edge
    of CD.
    > >> The only way I get near this is formatting each title seperately
    in a
    > >> text box. This is very time consuming and still looks uneven. If I
    > >> format track titles together, they come out as a block and
    invariably
    > >> there are one or two that "disappear" into the inner hole area.
    Any
    > >> recommendations? - preferably free downloads :-)

    thanks for this. I had trouble accessing www.surething.com. It is
    manufactured by Nova Delevopment. But surething was not shown in their
    website shop. I am in the UK - where would you recommend finding the
    product and ascertaining that it supports epson r200 and windows XP?
    measekite wrote:
    > I believe that SureThing software now supports the Epson R2/300
    series
    > of printers and they can accomplish this and much more.
    >
    > www.surething.com
    >

    > rosenmarsh@myfastmail.com wrote:
    >
    > >Hi everyone
    > >I have Epson Stylus R200 CD printer which came with associated Epson
    > >Print CD program. The biggest problem I find with it is printing
    track
    > >titles so that they fit around the CD in a regular way. I cannot get
    > >the effect of getting track titles to follow circular inner edge of
    CD.
    > > The only way I get near this is formatting each title seperately in
    > >text box. This is very time consuming and still looks uneven. If I
    > >format track titles together, they come out as a block and
    invariably
    > >there are one or two that "disappear" into the inner hole area. Any
    > >recommendations? - preferably free downloads :-)

    rosenmarsh@myfastmail.com wrote:

    >thanks for this. I had trouble accessing www.surething.com.

    I just clicked the link and it worked fine.

    >It is
    >manufactured by Nova Delevopment. But surething was not shown in their
    >website shop. I am in the UK - where would you recommend finding the
    >product and ascertaining that it supports epson r200 and windows XP?
    >measekite wrote:
    >

    >>I believe that SureThing software now supports the Epson R2/300
    >>

    >series
    >

    >>of printers and they can accomplish this and much more.
    >>
    >>www.surething.com
    >>

    >>rosenmarsh@myfastmail.com wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi everyone
    >>>I have Epson Stylus R200 CD printer which came with associated Epson
    >>>Print CD program. The biggest problem I find with it is printing
    >>>

    >track
    >

    >>>titles so that they fit around the CD in a regular way. I cannot get
    >>>the effect of getting track titles to follow circular inner edge of
    >>>

    >CD.
    >

    >>>The only way I get near this is formatting each title seperately in

    >>>text box. This is very time consuming and still looks uneven. If I
    >>>format track titles together, they come out as a block and
    >>>

    >invariably
    >

    >>>there are one or two that "disappear" into the inner hole area. Any
    >>>recommendations? - preferably free downloads :-)

    I have the same printer and find that the software that comes with the
    hardware is just too basic. Personally, I use the Corel Draw! suite to
    design my labels. There are many alternatives, most of 'em better than the
    software provided with the printer. Corel Draw!, which I use and Adobe
    Photoshop, both of which are quite pricey. There's Paint Shop Pro which does
    an excellent job and is much less expensive than either Corel or Adobe. Then
    there's Gimp for Windows, a graphics manipulation probram that has all the
    power of the expensive suites and is absolutely free to download and use. Be
    aware that there is a serious learing curve to all these alternatives.

    The bottom line is this: Don't use the software that came with your printer
    to design your labels ... it is too weak. Design your labels in some other
    software suite and import them as backgrounds into the Epson printCD
    program.

    Colon Terminus wrote:
    > I have the same printer and find that the software that comes with
    the
    > hardware is just too basic. Personally, I use the Corel Draw! suite
    > design my labels. There are many alternatives, most of 'em better
    than the
    > software provided with the printer. Corel Draw!, which I use and
    Adobe
    > Photoshop, both of which are quite pricey. There's Paint Shop Pro
    which does
    > an excellent job and is much less expensive than either Corel or
    Adobe. Then
    > there's Gimp for Windows, a graphics manipulation probram that has
    all the
    > power of the expensive suites and is absolutely free to download and
    use. Be
    > aware that there is a serious learing curve to all these
    alternatives.

    > The bottom line is this: Don't use the software that came with your
    printer
    > to design your labels ... it is too weak. Design your labels in some
    other
    > software suite and import them as backgrounds into the Epson printCD
    > program.
    >

    >Thanks for this - I will try it out as it free. My main concern is to
    get track titles following edge of CD so hopefully Gimp can do this!

    > Colon Terminus wrote:
    > > I have the same printer and find that the software that comes with
    > the
    > > hardware is just too basic. Personally, I use the Corel Draw! suite
    > > design my labels. There are many alternatives, most of 'em better
    > than the
    > > software provided with the printer. Corel Draw!, which I use and
    > Adobe
    > > Photoshop, both of which are quite pricey. There's Paint Shop Pro
    > which does
    > > an excellent job and is much less expensive than either Corel or
    > Adobe. Then
    > > there's Gimp for Windows, a graphics manipulation probram that has
    > all the
    > > power of the expensive suites and is absolutely free to download and
    > use. Be
    > > aware that there is a serious learing curve to all these
    > alternatives.
    > >
    > > The bottom line is this: Don't use the software that came with your
    > printer
    > > to design your labels ... it is too weak. Design your labels in some
    > other
    > > software suite and import them as backgrounds into the Epson printCD
    > > program.
    > >

    > >Thanks for this - I will try it out as it free. My main concern is to
    > get track titles following edge of CD so hopefully Gimp can do this!

    Oh, Gimp can do this.
    Try spiralling (?sp) the track titles from the outer edge in toward the
    center.
    Looks pretty cool, especially with an interesting background.

    I use Acoustica CD/DVD label maker. I've tried just about everyone and keep
    going back to Acoustica. Does everything you could want
    http://www.acoustica.com/ for a trial version. And it does support the
    r200/300

    <rosenmarsh@myfastmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone
    > I have Epson Stylus R200 CD printer which came with associated Epson
    > Print CD program. The biggest problem I find with it is printing track
    > titles so that they fit around the CD in a regular way. I cannot get
    > the effect of getting track titles to follow circular inner edge of CD.
    > The only way I get near this is formatting each title seperately in a
    > text box. This is very time consuming and still looks uneven. If I
    > format track titles together, they come out as a block and invariably
    > there are one or two that "disappear" into the inner hole area. Any
    > recommendations? - preferably free downloads :-)

Printers CD-Rom Peripherals Product