Jun 16, 2006
well yeah :)

My conore E6600 i built :

E6600 @ 3.4Ghz on stock cooling
Intel D975XBX << motherboard to soon change / got it free
ATI X1900XTX Crossfire setup
2GB OCZ DDR 2
620W OCZ PSU << very good PSU : )

I suggest you should get a better GPU : )
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102008

Also the DVD Rewriter isn't that great. See if you can get BenQ DW1640 because they are one of the best Burners : )

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
Not bad, you could get a Aspire Beast 680W on newegg.com for the same price as that Hyper 580. Only difference is that the Aspire is not SLi ready. Also do go with the x1800xt, you'll see a lot better results than a 7600GT. If your going to upgrade to DX10 though this year, then stick with the 7600GT.
Im pretty sure the IDE cables come with the motherboard, so you could save that extra 6-7 bucks. If it doesnt come with it, well you could buy that anywhere. Overall, looks good, have fun.

Suggested Changes:

Heatsink: Lose it unless you're going to be overclocking that E6600 past 3.2Ghz

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, Asus P5B, or Abit AB9 Pro

Video Card: With the money saved by losing the aftermarket CPU heatsink and switching motherboards, upgrade to an eVGA Geforce 7900GT KO Superclocked

Power Supply: Antec TruePower 550W <--- Even 550W is probably overkill for this build, especially if there won't be any overclocking involved.

DVD-ROM: Lose this altogether. There is no reason whatsoever for anyone to have more than one optical drive in their system.

Sound Card: Lose this as well. Unless you get one of the higher end Creative cards, like an X-Fi Platinum, you won't hear any appreciable difference in sound quality.

Misc: Lose the extra IDE cable. The board will come with all the cables you need.

The rest of it looks fine.

Penguin21512

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Suggested Changes:

Heatsink: Lose it unless you're going to be overclocking that E6600 past 3.2Ghz

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, Asus P5B, or Abit AB9 Pro

Video Card: With the money saved by losing the aftermarket CPU heatsink and switching motherboards, upgrade to an eVGA Geforce 7900GT KO Superclocked

Power Supply: Antec TruePower 550W <--- Even 550W is probably overkill for this build, especially if there won't be any overclocking involved.

DVD-ROM: Lose this altogether. There is no reason whatsoever for anyone to have more than one optical drive in their system.

Sound Card: Lose this as well. Unless you get one of the higher end Creative cards, like an X-Fi Platinum, you won't hear any appreciable difference in sound quality.

Misc: Lose the extra IDE cable. The board will come with all the cables you need.

I'm thinking of keeping the mobo, like the goodies it has, but still haven't read much reviews on the other three as of this morning, that'll change after I go to work, :) Also, will the 7900GT be better than that X1800XT? Lastly, i'd really like to get a better than stock cooler, is there anything maybe 1/2 the price or less than the Zalman that is suggested?

To copy CDs/DVDs?

You can do a direct CD/DVD copy with only one drive.... burning programs will read the source disk, make a disk image of it, then ask you to insert the blank disk. Then it burns the image it just made to the blank disk and deletes the image. The only thing difference between doing a direct cd/dvd copy with one drive, and two, is with two you aren't asked to insert a blank disk because it will detect the one in the other burner. Spending another $30 to avoid one dialog box isn't worth it IMO.....

Penguin21512

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Ok, update:

Went with the 7900GT, I think i'm keeping the Hiper PSU, love the look of it, and if it works good, then I don't mind a little extra $$. Changed the Zalman to the Ninja, dropped the DVD-ROM, easy to add later if necessary. I wanted the rounded IDE for a cleaner case, since the pictures on Newegg for the mobo show the regular IDE cables.

Ordered the mobo(P5W DH Deluxe) and memory already, will get the rest when the CPUs are ready. :)