Home Folder does not attach after moving Active Directory ..

Hi,

After using a vbscript to move users in Active Directory (win2k sp4)
and setting a new home folder for those users, the home folder is no
longer automatically attached when a user logs on. When changing the
home folder through a script again, the home folder value does indeed
change, but still no home folder is attached. Only after applying the
current home folder through the apply button (and not even chosing to
set full control to the already existing home folder dialog) seems to
solve the problem, as if some kind of 'pending' flag is reset. Of
course I don't feel like applying aprox. 1500 users like this! Newly
created users through a vbscript do not suffer from this problem and
get their home folders attached witout a problem, so only the moved
users seem to suffer. Any ideas as to why this happened after the move,
or as to get them attached without going through the applying process?

Greettings,
Gesture.
3 answers Last reply
More about home folder attach moving active directory

    I had the same problem in the past ... and I still haven't found the answer.
    (only by doing Apply from AD Users&Computers).

    --
    Andrei Ungureanu
    www.eventid.net

    "gesture" <glukken@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > After using a vbscript to move users in Active Directory (win2k sp4)
    > and setting a new home folder for those users, the home folder is no
    > longer automatically attached when a user logs on. When changing the
    > home folder through a script again, the home folder value does indeed
    > change, but still no home folder is attached. Only after applying the
    > current home folder through the apply button (and not even chosing to
    > set full control to the already existing home folder dialog) seems to
    > solve the problem, as if some kind of 'pending' flag is reset. Of
    > course I don't feel like applying aprox. 1500 users like this! Newly
    > created users through a vbscript do not suffer from this problem and
    > get their home folders attached witout a problem, so only the moved
    > users seem to suffer. Any ideas as to why this happened after the move,
    > or as to get them attached without going through the applying process?
    >
    > Greettings,
    > Gesture.

    I do have the same problem. I used dsadd to create the user accounts with the
    correct home folder parameters. Permissions are set correctly and I can
    manually map the home folder on the client with the same path thas is listed
    in the user properties under profile. Since I have 2500 accounts it would
    take me days to click APPLY for every user. This seems to be a common
    problem. I hope someone has a solution in place. Any help would be
    appreciated.

    Andre

    "Andrei Ungureanu" wrote:

    > I had the same problem in the past ... and I still haven't found the answer.
    > (only by doing Apply from AD Users&Computers).
    >

    > --
    > Andrei Ungureanu
    > www.eventid.net
    > Free Windows event logs reports
    > http://www.altairtech.ca/evlog/
    >
    > "gesture" <glukken@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > After using a vbscript to move users in Active Directory (win2k sp4)
    > > and setting a new home folder for those users, the home folder is no
    > > longer automatically attached when a user logs on. When changing the
    > > home folder through a script again, the home folder value does indeed
    > > change, but still no home folder is attached. Only after applying the
    > > current home folder through the apply button (and not even chosing to
    > > set full control to the already existing home folder dialog) seems to
    > > solve the problem, as if some kind of 'pending' flag is reset. Of
    > > course I don't feel like applying aprox. 1500 users like this! Newly
    > > created users through a vbscript do not suffer from this problem and
    > > get their home folders attached witout a problem, so only the moved
    > > users seem to suffer. Any ideas as to why this happened after the move,
    > > or as to get them attached without going through the applying process?
    > >
    > > Greettings,
    > > Gesture.

    Same problem here as well, have been looking for a solution for five months
    now.

    Jeff

    "aleitenberger" wrote:

    > I do have the same problem. I used dsadd to create the user accounts with the
    > correct home folder parameters. Permissions are set correctly and I can
    > manually map the home folder on the client with the same path thas is listed
    > in the user properties under profile. Since I have 2500 accounts it would
    > take me days to click APPLY for every user. This seems to be a common
    > problem. I hope someone has a solution in place. Any help would be
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Andre
    >
    > "Andrei Ungureanu" wrote:
    >
    > > I had the same problem in the past ... and I still haven't found the answer.
    > > (only by doing Apply from AD Users&Computers).
    > >

    > > --
    > > Andrei Ungureanu
    > > www.eventid.net
    > > Free Windows event logs reports
    > > http://www.altairtech.ca/evlog/
    > >
    > > "gesture" <glukken@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > After using a vbscript to move users in Active Directory (win2k sp4)
    > > > and setting a new home folder for those users, the home folder is no
    > > > longer automatically attached when a user logs on. When changing the
    > > > home folder through a script again, the home folder value does indeed
    > > > change, but still no home folder is attached. Only after applying the
    > > > current home folder through the apply button (and not even chosing to
    > > > set full control to the already existing home folder dialog) seems to
    > > > solve the problem, as if some kind of 'pending' flag is reset. Of
    > > > course I don't feel like applying aprox. 1500 users like this! Newly
    > > > created users through a vbscript do not suffer from this problem and
    > > > get their home folders attached witout a problem, so only the moved
    > > > users seem to suffer. Any ideas as to why this happened after the move,
    > > > or as to get them attached without going through the applying process?
    > > >
    > > > Greettings,
    > > > Gesture.

VBScript Microsoft Active Directory Windows