Win7 64bit Doesn't Connect To Certain Websites

MdntRdr

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Okay, I have a Win7 64 bit build that I've ran into connectivity problems with. I can get on some websites, cannot get onto others. Can get to the home page on some, but no further such as here, I can get to the main forum page, but then I cannot get into threads. Some sites, such as newegg, can't even get onto them.

So far I've tried different browsers, including downgrading from FF4 to a FF3 version. IE8, Chrome, same issues. I have reason to believe that it's within the PC itself, whether it's software or hardware. I'm on my netbook right now running FF4 and don't have the same problems. I've even shut off the firewall and there is no other firewall or anti-virus on the PC.

Any ideas?

There are a number of malware programs that can cause this to happen. Or maybe you just have a crap internet provider?

BACKUP ALL your files to a thumb drive, DVD, online backup if necessary....DO THIS FIRST!

Reload windows 7 by inserting the installation disk, select "upgrade"
this fixes the OS without erasing the personal files.

Delete all free security programs, install a professional all in one security system. Update this and scan entire computer.

Don't download a bunch of browsers, free programs, and free antivirus. This creates lots of problems.

You must use a real antivirus security program. If not more problems will happen.

MdntRdr

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
ISP is good. Like I said, this is only my new built computer I'm having problems on. I can't even load this specific page on it, I'm using my Netbook on the same ISP and router.

There is absolutely nothing on the PC right now in the way of third party firewalls, security programs or anything else of that ilk.

This was a fresh OS install on all brand new equipment.

Obtain and install Panda Internet Security, Norton, or Kapersky internet security, on a disk. Activate, update, and scan entire computer.

Malware bytes has been recommended as a free download, activate install, update and scan entire computer.
It does not update itself or prevent future infections automatically. It is feasible in a computer that is already infected.

But the virus if present may prevent you from connecting to any sites to download security programs, which may only leave you with buying an antivirus on a disk and loading it.

But as I said, reloading windows 7 as an upgrade will usually cure it in combination with security.

dougtidwell

Honorable
May 14, 2012
I have the same issues on a New PC just received from my distributor.

I have also research this extensively.
The advice given by soundguruman is of no use,
he falls back to the line REINSTALL. Baloney!

If I find a solution I will report back here, if do please do the same.

Thanks
Doug