Will my P5ND2-SLI Deluxe support Intel Core Duo E6700 prcsr.

arsenito

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Hello, everybody. I wanted to know wheter my P5ND2-SLI Deluxe motherboard will support the upcomming 65 nanometre Intel Core Duo E6700 or E6800 processors. Looking at the specifications of the board seems like that it is capable of supporting the 1066MHz bus and it is compatible with the LGA775 socket. Although, will it be supported by the nForce 4 SLI chipset or not?
Thank you!

htoonthura

Distinguished
May 21, 2006
Hello, everybody. I wanted to know wheter my P5ND2-SLI Deluxe motherboard will support the upcomming 65 nanometre Intel Core Duo E6700 or E6800 processors. Looking at the specifications of the board seems like that it is capable of supporting the 1066MHz bus and it is compatible with the LGA775 socket. Although, will it be supported by the nForce 4 SLI chipset or not?
Thank you!

sorry to tell you buddy. it will not. i have the same board.

arsenito

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
That is very sad folks. I think that a simple BIOS update will resolve the incompatibility issue. The MB supports the same soket, it can handle the same introduced 1066Mhz FSB. Although the CPU will be built on a different (65nm) tech process. Will that make such a dramatic difference?

illinikevin

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2006
All components have limits of operation and the regulator may not be able to go that low. A hardware change may be required. Also according to Asus website that board isn't compatiable with 65nm dual core cpu's.

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
The only ASUS mobo's I know of that supports Conroe is the P5N32-SLI SE and the P5W-DH so yeah, you are out of luck. If you really want a Conroe though, wait a month for availability and for better mobo support.

arsenito

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Thanks to everyone who participates in the forum!!! I see you all as well as I am are passionately interested in this issue. I have contacted ASUS USA about the compatibility of the board with X6800 and E6700 Core Duo Processors and they told me that there will be no information availabe untill the actual release of the processors. Today is the official launch date, and no information still available. Although, so far browsing through the charts on asus.com, I found out what some of you did. Two column based chart with the dual core compatible m/b on the left and single core ones on the right. It is unfortunate, but the P5ND2-SLI was only present in the right column. :(
Let's all keep in touch and update each other about the progress.
Thank's to all again!