Upgrade headaches!

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
Arrrggghhh...

Start of rant:/
Looks like in order to upgrade to a newer platform I will have to get a new MB, to support the new CPU... And new RAM to support the new MB... And now, after the MB's start to become available, it appears that I will also have to upgrade to new HD's or buy two new DVD's that support SATA as most of the new LGA / AM2 platforms seem to only offer one PATA channel!

Why didn't they also change the pwr supply connector to force me to change the PSU as well?

Plus, It looks as if Vista will NOT support SLI, maybe not Xfire... So new dx 10 capable vid card(s) as well?
End of rant:/

chewbenator

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2006
You are in the same situation and I feel the way you do. I originally had 400 hundred dollars in upgrades thought out, but now that I've seen all the new tech out there that number has risen to 1300. Try not to worry about Vista now. If it doesn't support dual GPUs now then hopefully it will by release, and if not I'm sure the graphics suppliers will come up with some new tech that will make SLIXFIRE look like childrens toys. Oh wait... that would mean buying even more stuff.