mouse problem

I just bought this game. I installed it and the cursor lags behind the mouse
by about half a second. it makes the game almost unplayable because it take
about 6 seconds to get the cursor over the point I am trying to click on.
I move the mouse and wait half a second to see where it goes then move it
again and wait it is horrible. is their a fix?

This happened to me with Uru. The fix? More memory. How much memory do
you have, and what other programs do you have running while playing
Morrowind?