HPLJ2300D - Faint ghost of previous page on following page..

Hi

Just recently my printed pages are being spoiled by a faint ghost image from
parts of the previous page.

This most often happens when duplexing.

I've printed a cleaning page and run the cycle several times (using a new
cleaning sheet of course) but it makes no difference.

I wonder if it may be related to my toner cartridge getting low? I'm
informed there approx 400 pages left.

Can the roller deteriorate before the toner runs out?

I'm still on my first toner cartridge when I bought the printer in July 03.

Usage tells me I've printed 4930 A4 sheets and approx 72 envelope/A5 sheets.

If the hardware and software are telling me I have approx 400 sheets worth
of toner left shouldn't I be able to use it and expect the same print
quality as previous pages?

I guess HP wouldn't accept a warranty claim after almost 2yrs of use and
approaching the end of the expected 5000 page output of a cartridge?

Any thought son this?

Thanks

Ian

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Ian
The page count is so close to the cartridge life that I suspect you need to
replace the cartridge. The drum in the cartridge should last longer than the
toner unless it has been damaged or exposed to light for other than very short
periods, however the drum is nearly 2 years old and they do deteriorate. I am
however surprised that the problem occurs more with duplexing, it could be that
it is related to the paper going past the cartridge twice but warm on the
second pass, who knows, just guessing. Sounds like a cartridge problem to me.
Tony