Creating AD groups based on share names.

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 1, 2005 2:26:37 AM

Hi everyone.

I'm just wondering if there is a script available or some other tool
that will create AD groups based on share names.

Cheers,
Owen.
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 1:27:31 PM

On 31 Aug 2005 22:26:37 -0700, schmierer2@shoalhaven.nsw.gov.au wrote:

>Hi everyone.
>
>I'm just wondering if there is a script available or some other tool
>that will create AD groups based on share names.
>
>Cheers,
>Owen.

If you explain in detail what you want tested and what you want created,
you would have a better chance of getting an answer.

ALso mention the O/S and service pack.
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 8:13:01 PM

Hi Jerold.

I'm wanting to create AD security groups, that are called the same or
similar to the share names that we have. Eg. we have a share on our
file server called Bacon, I want an AD group that is called something
like shr_bacon. And I want to do this for 150+ shares.

The domain is a windows 2003 domain, and I'm guessing I can run this
script from any computer in the domain which comprises of windows 2000
and windows xp. We have windows 2000 and windows 2003 servers.

Cheers,
Owen.
!