Creating AD groups based on share names.

Hi everyone.

I'm just wondering if there is a script available or some other tool
that will create AD groups based on share names.

Cheers,
Owen.
2 answers Last reply
More about creating groups based share names

    On 31 Aug 2005 22:26:37 -0700, schmierer2@shoalhaven.nsw.gov.au wrote:

    >Hi everyone.
    >
    >I'm just wondering if there is a script available or some other tool
    >that will create AD groups based on share names.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >Owen.

    If you explain in detail what you want tested and what you want created,
    you would have a better chance of getting an answer.

    ALso mention the O/S and service pack.

    Hi Jerold.

    I'm wanting to create AD security groups, that are called the same or
    similar to the share names that we have. Eg. we have a share on our
    file server called Bacon, I want an AD group that is called something
    like shr_bacon. And I want to do this for 150+ shares.

    The domain is a windows 2003 domain, and I'm guessing I can run this
    script from any computer in the domain which comprises of windows 2000
    and windows xp. We have windows 2000 and windows 2003 servers.

    Cheers,
    Owen.

Microsoft Active Directory Windows