Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Setting Special User Permissions

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 8:08:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

I have set some permissions at the top of our Active Directory tree, I can
see them flowing down to all the sub-ordinate OU's, however, the rights are
not being assigned to the user accounts within the OU's. Upon investigation,
the users are not receiving the permissions because the "Inherit from parent
the permission entries that apply to child objects" has not been selected. We
have around 700 accounts like this that I need to change. Is there a way of
globally selecting this rather than manually doing each user account.
September 2, 2005 11:40:24 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

"Mark Casemore" <MarkCasemore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:251538C7-DA7A-4B18-81B2-323851AE7140@microsoft.com...
>I have set some permissions at the top of our Active Directory tree, I can
> see them flowing down to all the sub-ordinate OU's, however, the rights
> are
> not being assigned to the user accounts within the OU's. Upon
> investigation,
> the users are not receiving the permissions because the "Inherit from
> parent
> the permission entries that apply to child objects" has not been selected.
> We
> have around 700 accounts like this that I need to change. Is there a way
> of
> globally selecting this rather than manually doing each user account.


I thik you can use admodify for this
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 6:03:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

I have looked at ADMODIFY and at first I thought it answered what I was
after, unfortunately it doesn't. What I am after is setting the switch
"Allow inheritable permissions from parent to propogate to this object"
globally for all users within active directory, I am assigning groups and the
users are not picking up the new permissions.

"Barry" wrote:

>
> "Mark Casemore" <MarkCasemore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:251538C7-DA7A-4B18-81B2-323851AE7140@microsoft.com...
> >I have set some permissions at the top of our Active Directory tree, I can
> > see them flowing down to all the sub-ordinate OU's, however, the rights
> > are
> > not being assigned to the user accounts within the OU's. Upon
> > investigation,
> > the users are not receiving the permissions because the "Inherit from
> > parent
> > the permission entries that apply to child objects" has not been selected.
> > We
> > have around 700 accounts like this that I need to change. Is there a way
> > of
> > globally selecting this rather than manually doing each user account.
>
>
> I thik you can use admodify for this
>
>
>
September 5, 2005 2:39:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

DSACLS should enable you to set the inheritance, but I'm not clear on what
this has to do with permissions from group assignments.

--
/kj
"Mark Casemore" <MarkCasemore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:51E62A25-8C99-48AC-8037-4D2D569E2ADA@microsoft.com...
>I have looked at ADMODIFY and at first I thought it answered what I was
> after, unfortunately it doesn't. What I am after is setting the switch
> "Allow inheritable permissions from parent to propogate to this object"
> globally for all users within active directory, I am assigning groups and
> the
> users are not picking up the new permissions.
>
> "Barry" wrote:
>
>>
>> "Mark Casemore" <MarkCasemore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:251538C7-DA7A-4B18-81B2-323851AE7140@microsoft.com...
>> >I have set some permissions at the top of our Active Directory tree, I
>> >can
>> > see them flowing down to all the sub-ordinate OU's, however, the rights
>> > are
>> > not being assigned to the user accounts within the OU's. Upon
>> > investigation,
>> > the users are not receiving the permissions because the "Inherit from
>> > parent
>> > the permission entries that apply to child objects" has not been
>> > selected.
>> > We
>> > have around 700 accounts like this that I need to change. Is there a
>> > way
>> > of
>> > globally selecting this rather than manually doing each user account.
>>
>>
>> I thik you can use admodify for this
>>
>>
>>
!