USB lag, I think.....

Tapper

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Couldn't find anything specific to this in the search so here goes......

I'm getting keyboard lag on my home machine i.e. key presses don't register or a key press is repreated numerious times. Its a USB k/b, logitech, I've tried different driver versions, the default mircosoft versions even different keyboards but still no joy. I was looking at the USB controllers, I've 10% usage one one and 26% on the other with a joystick & mouse also plugged in (now to which controller I can't say), its only started happening receintly after I went to the device manager and was getting an 'Unknown Device' showing up and got it to install (click update driver), and popped up the USB controllers, the mobos an ASUS dual SLI, I've tried updating the chip drivers with no luck. Any hints or tips would be appreciated.....

Tapper

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Happens for both wired and wireless. I'll restore as a last resort. Going to check a few things out later wrt the USB controllers.........I know logitech released a new version of setpoint (3.01) so I'll check that out also.....

Tapper

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Yep, all that accessability stuff is turned off, I've used a different usb port so we'll see how things go............ :wink:

Tapper

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
think I have this sorted (sort of) just used a different USB port and haven't seen anything dodgy so far, fingers crossed anyway......

phreejak

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
Which keyboard/mouse combo do you use most frequently? I know the issue, according to the answer you gave Wayland, happens with both. I'm just asking for a bit more detail here. What type of wireless keyboard combo does the problem happen with? IR? FastRF? Bluetooth? RF? Also, when the problem happens in this setup, is it the same symptoms that happen with the wired keyboard combo?

As far as the USB port though...

Have you tried other devices ( printers, thumbdrive, external enclosure) on the USB ports that they keyboard mouse combos were attached to when they were having issues?

What other devices do you have that are using your usb ports?

It might just be something as simple as a low type rate setting also. In Setpoint (for Logitech keyboards) you can adjust the type rate setting.

AntiHax0r

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
I've had a similar problem well I think so anyways .. it was for PS/2 and whenever I type too much or too fast.. the keyboard locks up. That was easily fixed with a bios update. Just a suggestion

Tapper

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Keyboard is the Logitech Media Elite (wired usb)
Mouse is the Logitech G7 (wireless)

I used to have a wireless k/b, cant remember the make or name but I;de get the same problems with it also.

Using a ps2 adapter with the keyboard now to see if there is any improvement. I also have a trust joystick plugged in.

When installing SetPoint I chose the 'Mouse only' option since I'm mot to concered with the extra functionality of the keyboard (quick launch keys)

I moght just uninstalle the usb controller as see if tha helps, I've done everything else, swapped port, ps2 adapter, wired/wireless.....

Tapper

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
As far as I know its only they keyboard, I haven't noticed anything strange with the mouse. I've been using the ps2 port for a couple of days now and I've not come across it since so I'll probably leave it at that......