DC change

Dear all

I am facing a problem regarding Domain Controler.I have a DC and a ADC my DC
has been crash.
My network is runing with adc i have recently backup of dc but i want to
make ADC as a DC.

How i can do.Is it possible a ADC can make a DC without any problem.

second if we can't make that then is it posible to make a new DC and restore
the back up.

pls help me .

yogendera@hotmail.com

yogender kumar
(Sysadmin Electrobug)
1 answer Last reply
More about change

    Yogendera <yogendera@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Dear all
    >
    > I am facing a problem regarding Domain Controler.I have a DC and a
    > ADC my DC has been crash.
    > My network is runing with adc i have recently backup of dc but i want
    > to make ADC as a DC.
    >
    > How i can do.Is it possible a ADC can make a DC without any problem.
    >
    > second if we can't make that then is it posible to make a new DC and
    > restore the back up.

    What do you mean by an ADC?

    Is the Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003?
    If they are, there are only DCs, if both DCs were in the same domain, you
    need only restore the user data and shares. The user and computer accounts
    will be replicated from the existing DC. But you will likely need to do a
    metadata cleanup using ntdsutil.

    216498 - HOW TO Remove Data in Active Directory After an Unsuccessful Domain
    Controller Demotion:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;216498

    --
    Best regards,