Translate SID to username

Hi.

Is there any tool to translate a SID to a username, or whatever the SID is
representing.

/mariah

You can try downloading the following utility : sid2name from
http://sysinternals.com.

"Tomasz Onyszko" wrote:

> MN wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Is there any tool to translate a SID to a username, or whatever the SID is
> > representing.
> >
> Here You will find si2user.exe utility:
> http://packetstormsecurity.nl/NT/docs/sid.zip
>

> --
> Tomasz Onyszko
> http://www.w2k.pl

There are no sid2name at sysinternals

In news:%2383fRNosFHA.1788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
MN <MN@nospam.com> made this post, which I then commented about below:
> There are no sid2name at sysinternals

Actually it's called "PsGetSid"

Sysinternals Freeware - PsGetSid:
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/PsGetSid.html

--
Regards,
Ace

If this post is viewed at a non-Microsoft community website, and you were to
respond to it through that community's website, I may not see your reply.
Therefore, please direct all replies ONLY to the Microsoft public newsgroup
this thread originated in so all can benefit.

confers no rights.

=================================

you can install acctinfo.dll which you find in the resource kit. that
will add a tab in active directory users and computers which will show
further info as well as the user SID.

In news:1126032905.276421.306200@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
barabba72@hotmail.com <barabba72@hotmail.com> made this post, which I then
commented about below:

Barabba, my post was in repsonse to MN's post when he/she said:

"There are no sid2name at sysinternals"

I responded just letting him/her know that the name was incorrect and
provided him/her with the correct link to it.

As for acctinfo.dll, that is the preferred tool. Thanks for pointing that
out.

Ace

In news:1126127279.870267.248230@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com,
barabba72@hotmail.com <barabba72@hotmail.com> made this post, which I then